ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What If

cravnravn

Today is the day we most likely put the franchise tag on Ray Rice.

WHAT IF we do and he decides he dosent like it and decides to skip OTA's and dosent show up til camp starts.

Will this have an effect on Joe, will this have an effect on the offense?

We can look back at see the effect on Chris Johnson when he held out for a bigger contract.

Maybe I'm just wearing purple glasses, but Ray doesn't seem like that kind of guy. He seems very professional and will realize that holding out is not going to help anyone. I could be wrong, but I see him taking the money and suiting up. Is it that bad to be one of the highest paid RBs in the NFL? I know it's not long term, but it's still more than most Americans will ever make.

It's pretty close, I would say LB and S are a bit easier to cover than RB, although RB is up there. The problem with RB, they're very injury prone. However Ray doesn't take the hits like other RBs and he's definitely more special than most RB as well. The guy makes an offense dynamic.

If we can't pay him, we had better get some draft picks in return. At least 3 of them. One definitely being a 1st rounder.

It's pretty close, I would say LB and S are a bit easier to cover than RB, although RB is up there. The problem with RB, they're very injury prone. However Ray doesn't take the hits like other RBs and he's definitely more special than most RB as well. The guy makes an offense dynamic.

If we can't pay him, we had better get some draft picks in return. At least 3 of them. One definitely being a 1st rounder.

I'm not sure good safeties are easy to replace... and we probably make linebackers look easier to replace than they really are because we have the all-time greatest teacher at that position.

If we're talking purely a tit-for-tat replacement, Rice was a late second-rounder... and he wasn't exactly underdrafted so much as that's where guys like that typically fall. Taking a RB in the second is a big deal (like LeSean McCoy, etc.)

• 1 month later...