ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Drive of the Season

vmax

Week 9. Pittsburg.

Ravens are 5-2 and Pittsburg is 6-2 with one of their losses to the Ravens.

At stake: Everything.

Set up:

With 4.59 to play in the game, Pittsburg just scored to go up 20-16 on the Ravens. Looks like a typical Rthsslxxsbrrrgrrr comeback as their last 2 possesions ended in touchdowns and the Ravens D was beginning to break. They start smiling and dancing because it looks like the Ravens will drop to 5-3, lose the tie breaker and the Steelers will go to 7-2. Fans waive towells.

The Ravens possesion is a quick 3 and out. Only 29 seconds off the clock and the Steelers get the ball back with 4:30 to go at their 46 yard line. More towell waving. The Steeler drive stalls at the Ravens 29 and the field goal unit comes on...but wait! Formation penalty and they now are pushed back 5 yards and have to punt. Fair catch Webb at the Ravens 8 with 2:24 to go.

And 92 yards to go to get the win. Lot's of towell waving. Snickering. Steeler bench high 5 congratulations...but wait!

The drive that turned the Ravens season around...

1. Baltimore Ravens at 02:24
  2. 1-10-BAL 8 (2:24) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to 84-E.Dickson. Coverage by #25 Clark, Pressure by #99 Keisel.
  3. 2-10-BAL 8 (2:16) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short middle to 81-A.Boldin to BAL 29 for 21 yards (22-W.Gay).
  4. Two-Minute Warning
  5. 1-10-BAL 29 (2:00) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short left to 15-L.Williams to BAL 42 for 13 yards (23-K.Lewis).
  6. 1-10-BAL 42 (1:35) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short left to 27-R.Rice. Pressure by #94 Timmons.
  7. 2-10-BAL 42 (1:30) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short right to 81-A.Boldin to PIT 49 for 9 yards (24-I.Taylor; 43-T.Polamalu).
  8. 3-1-PIT 49 (1:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to 15-L.Williams (50-L.Foote).
  9. 4-1-PIT 49 (1:06) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short middle to 81-A.Boldin to PIT 39 for 10 yards (22-W.Gay).
  10. 1-10-PIT 39 (:48) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short right to 84-E.Dickson to PIT 37 for 2 yards (25-R.Clark).
  11. 2-8-PIT 37 (:42) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep left to 82-T.Smith. It was dropped. Watch this play and tell me that Joe doesn't look exactly like Johnny U on his "ungainly" scramble in the pocket, set up and delivery of the ball.
  12. 3-8-PIT 37 (:35) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short left to 81-A.Boldin ran ob at PIT 26 for 11 yards.
  13. Timeout #2 by PIT at 00:28.
  14. 1-10-PIT 26 (:28) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep right to 16-D.Reed. Coverage by #24 Taylor.
  15. 2-10-PIT 26 (:23) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep middle to 81-A.Boldin. Coverage by #22 Gay.
  16. 3-10-PIT 26 (:14) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass deep right to 82-T.Smith for 26 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on PIT-22-W.Gay, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

8 seconds left...Ravens win. :gorave:

They go to 6-2 and have the tie breaker over the Steelers. Steelers drop to 6-3. Towell waving stops. Steeler fans get that "far away look" and go forth into "the weeping and knashing of teeth".

"and I got the girl..."

NFL_Honors_Red_Carpet_Football_102920_team.jpg

I still remember how much I was cursing at Torrey for that drop. It felt like we were giving another one away to Pittsburgh. Then Boldin got in on the act and failed to hang onto the ball over the middle on 2nd down. I was nearly ready to throw the tv out the window. But then Torrey stepped up in a big way with that catch in the corner. I had a delayed reaction in celebrating because I wasn't totally sure that he had come down with the ball and the zebras were throwing yellow towels on the field again. But once it was confirmed I was dancing round the room shouting and singing.

Thats #2 on my list...Still fresh is the game winning (should be drive) vs NE...That drive right there would have bolsted him to eliteness.

OR, beat Seattle or Jax and the AFCCG would have been at the ATM, and we would have destroyed Brady & Co.

Yes, Im still bitter.

Thanks for posting this Max! It warms my heart.

And Crav, it does hurt and that would have been THE Drive in NE, but this time the better team, us, lost.

At least it keeps the team hungry for another year.

• 4 weeks later...

I was soooooo pissed at Torrey for dropping the pass. Then I was sooooooo pissed at Boldin for dropping his pass over the middle.

Then.......I was in disbelief that Torrey even caught his pass. He rolled in the end zone and I was half out of my chair. I was saying to myself, no way he caught it, could he?

Then I lost my crap after the review!!!!!