ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

OK, I have now seen it all

cravnravn

NFL.com has allowed Brian Billick to rank the top 12 QB's in the NFL, the same Brian Billick that declared this piece of work the 2nd coming:

22c4a_t607.jpeg

Now the first 5 you can put up a fight afterall the jury is out on Manning..But to have the scrubs he has listed from 7-12 ahead of Flacco is ridiculous.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream

Its amazing that a guy who was supposed to be an offensive genius could turn out to be so clueless on quarterbacks.

Scott Mitchell (remember the 'leap of fatih'?), Stoney Case, Tony Banks, Kyle Boller to name just the ones that come to mind quickly.

I'm so glad Billick's gone...I just got fed up with his rhetorical bullshit year in and year out and his inability to do anything with our offense.

Harbaugh has his line of BS too but he's not as arrogant as BB.

Actually I like it. No respect for Joe.

One of these days it's going to sink in and he'll be so pissed that he'll catch fire.

Not really, Yes Joe will become pissed and say something, and of course with the media today, it'll be edited and come out as Joe proclaiming that hes better than Unitas and pundits like Preston locally and the asswipe on ESPN Bayliss will have a field day with it..

Oh yeah, Im hearing that Harbs comments last week were shared on 98 Rock, and they are the ones that did the editing? shame on them if they did that. Now you know why folks stop talking to the media.

I don't understand the Harbs doubt. He took a rookie QB and a team that everyone wrote off to the AFC championship game. He's made the playoffs every year he has coached and he's made some great mid-season adjustments with offense and defense. You know he was the one that forced Cam's hand when it came to giving Rice the ball. You know he was the one that stressed that we needed to rush the QB more when we had the bend but don't break offense.

Most importantly, he sticks by his guys creating the most stable environment possible. And that my friends breeds consistency and success. He's a motivator and he keeps people focused. That's a head coach's job. Let the coordinators do what coordinators do. Even the great Belichek has made some bone headed calls at the end of a few games. Harbs rights the ship all season long keeping it on course. Then, he reassesses and re-evaluates his staff each off season. Bringing in guys he thinks can contribute in the future while promoting from within.

That's all great stuff guys. Let's not forget how long it took the Chin to win one. Or Vermeil. Or Coughlin. I don't think anyone can say they were bad coaches. Winning the big one typically takes time and it's done in environments that have a good captain. Harbs knows how to be a captain.

I don't understand the Harbs doubt. He took a rookie QB and a team that everyone wrote off to the AFC championship game. He's made the playoffs every year he has coached and he's made some great mid-season adjustments with offense and defense. You know he was the one that forced Cam's hand when it came to giving Rice the ball. You know he was the one that stressed that we needed to rush the QB more when we had the bend but don't break offense.

Most importantly, he sticks by his guys creating the most stable environment possible. And that my friends breeds consistency and success. He's a motivator and he keeps people focused. That's a head coach's job. Let the coordinators do what coordinators do. Even the great Belichek has made some bone headed calls at the end of a few games. Harbs rights the ship all season long keeping it on course. Then, he reassesses and re-evaluates his staff each off season. Bringing in guys he thinks can contribute in the future while promoting from within.

That's all great stuff guys. Let's not forget how long it took the Chin to win one. Or Vermeil. Or Coughlin. I don't think anyone can say they were bad coaches. Winning the big one typically takes time and it's done in environments that have a good captain. Harbs knows how to be a captain.

Well said yager!

The turn over in head coaches in the last few years has been huge. It's very hard to find that guy who can turn a team around to be a consistent winner.

But John is one of the rare ones who can.

I don't want any other HC in the NFL to be the Ravens HC.

Rex's D took a rookie coach and rookie QB to the playoffs.

Rex's D took a rookie coach and rookie QB to the playoffs.

Disagree...it was Ray Lewis's defense. He made 6 head coaches from 6 Ravens defensive coaches.

You can have Rex. I am so glad they took Harbaugh over him.

137116332_crop_650x440.jpg?1327243533

I have watched this D do quite well with Ray down for extended periods of time. But that was not the topic. So are you saying it wasn't Harbs and Joe who took the Ravens to the PO's in 2008?

The Ravens were 5-11 the year before.

5-11...with Rex and his D.

Harbaugh was a big part of the turn around and getting to the playoffs. Joe...Ray Rice and that 3 headed monster backfield...the Defense...Cam...it was like all accomplishments, a total team effort.

Really. So when Wade Phillips went 1-7 with the Cowboys and Jason Garret went 5-3 with the same players it was all the players?

Marvin has proven to be a great coach wherever he has been.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/1996.htm

So in 1996 a team with Ray Lewis the Ravens ranked 28th in points and 30th in yds allowed. Hey in 1996 there were only 30 teams so they were the worst D in the league with Ray Lewis.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/1997.htm

In 1997 they were 18th in its and 25th in yds. So they are getting better. But that is the yr Mac comes to town. So they are putting parts around Ray and the D gets better. Wow interesting concept.

Really. So when Wade Phillips went 1-7 with the Cowboys and Jason Garret went 5-3 with the same players it was all the players?

http://www.pro-footb...ms/rav/1996.htm

So in 1996 a team with Ray Lewis the Ravens ranked 28th in points and 30th in yds allowed. Hey in 1996 there were only 30 teams so they were the worst D in the league with Ray Lewis.

http://www.pro-footb...ms/rav/1997.htm

In 1997 they were 18th in its and 25th in yds. So they are getting better. But that is the yr Mac comes to town. So they are putting parts around Ray and the D gets better. Wow interesting concept.

So if Jason Garret gets credit for turning a bad team around, why doesn't Harbaugh?

He did, period. It wasn't Rex. Rex fielded a great D no doubt, but it was Harbaugh that has created this current environment of excellence. It's Harbaugh that has created consistency. As far as the "I want a Super Bowl yesterday...and if I don't get it I'm gonna wine and cry and Harbaugh sucks" attitude, get over it. Super Bowls aren't so easily won. They're won by the people that persevere. They're won by men that stay the course. They're won by guys that understand that victory in and of itself is never giving up. The people that think the Super Bowl is the only way to judge a coach or team are sad individuals that don't understand competition, leadership, or life.

http://www.pro-footb...ms/rav/1996.htm

http://www.pro-footb...ms/rav/1997.htm

Art wanted to fire Marvin after '96. Ozzie "No"...said all he needed was players, so Art kept him.

Ozzie made that D...look at who he brought in from '96 onward...

Boulware, Sharper, Herring, Goose, McCrary and Cornell Brown in '97.

Starks and Woodson in '98.

McAlister in '99

2000 Adams.

Let him win a playoff game as a head coach before we start slinging the word "great" around.