ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

OK, I have now seen it all

cravnravn

Didn't he jump from DC to Cincy?

Didn't Harbs take over the next season with some new players. Garrett did take over the same season right?

So Marvin is responsible for all of Mike Browns poor decisions. He brought in a TO. He brought in many guys I know Marvin has said he didn't want. I said at the time that Marvin should not have taken the job there. He has done so much better than I ever expected. Cincy has been the place where coaches go to die.

Marvin started there in 2003.

2003 8-8

2004 8-8

2005 11-5

2006 8-8

2007 7-9

2008 4-11

2009 10-6

2010 4-12

2011 9-7

So he is 6 out of 9 being at least 500. Marvin is rolling at .491.

Looking at the time Mike Brown has been in charge before Marvin.

1991 3-13

1992 5-11

1993 3-13

1994 3-13

1995 7-9

1996 8-8

1997 7-9

1998 3-13

1999 4-12

2000 4-12

2001 6-10

2002 2-14

So he was able to fin 1 season of 500 ball in 12 yrs. So he is rolling at a .286 clip.

I would say MArvin has made an appreciable difference in the Bengals.

Marvin is very good as a DC. He's also a very good person and very likeable. He's definately my favorite Ravens DC.

Remember: He also had Rex Ryan, Jack Del Rio and Mike Smith...al future NFL HC's. Very hard not to shine with the player roster and staff that he had.

As a HC he underachieved with decent, talented teams. The good news for him is that he has one more shot again with a very talented roster.

I have no proof of this, but I think he lost his team when 85 took a swing at him at halftime during that playoff game and he did nothing about it. That is still in players minds IMO.

The biggest problem that the Bengals have had is Mike Brown. He brings in crap. He is to cheap to have a real scouting dept. That is how they drafted dubious guys because they did not perform their due diligence in the pre draft investigating. Had Mike Brown been here in 1996 he would have drafted Phillips. He would have gone with what the pundits said was the right call.

Really 2 winning seasons. So he has won the div 2 times and made the playoffs last yr with a 9-7 record last yr. So how do you get 2 winning seasons?

OK 3..Shoot me, 3 in 9 years of coaching, Billick was fired after 2 losing

According to yourself Ozzie routinely misses and does the wrong things with FAs, Draft, etc. Yet Harbaugh keeps winning. Hmmmmm. I'm sure you'll change the subject again lol.

When did I say he routinely misses in the draft? Please show me the quote. I have said he should have dealt with a position but ignored it but I have always said he drafts very well.

OK 3..Shoot me, 3 in 9 years of coaching, Billick was fired after 2 losing

In 12 seasons Brown had 1 single 500 season but Marvin has had at least 500 2/3 of the time since he began coaching. Do you grasp how systemically different those results are?

Not buying it, Marvin is a bad coach, hes handed a team on a silver platter with umteen top 10 picks and cant put together consecutive good seasons.

Marvin has nude pics of Brown running around and wants to go public with them, thats the only reason he still has a job.

When did I say he routinely misses in the draft? Please show me the quote. I have said he should have dealt with a position but ignored it but I have always said he drafts very well.

In 12 seasons Brown had 1 single 500 season but Marvin has had at least 500 2/3 of the time since he began coaching. Do you grasp how systemically different those results are?

Two different ages.

Marvin is operating in the Age of Parity...everybody hovers around .500.

The biggest problem that the Bengals have had is Mike Brown. He brings in crap. He is to cheap to have a real scouting dept. That is how they drafted dubious guys because they did not perform their due diligence in the pre draft investigating. Had Mike Brown been here in 1996 he would have drafted Phillips. He would have gone with what the pundits said was the right call.

Mike Brown is cheap and I wouldn't want him for an owner ever but he did get good value on the Carson Palmer trade.

Two different ages.

Marvin is operating in the Age of Parity...everybody hovers around .500.

Then why is it that Mike Brown except for 3 seasons that predate the modern FA period has a .286 win percentage. If everyone can get to around .500 then why did he wait for Marvin to come to town to do it?

Then why is it that Mike Brown except for 3 seasons that predate the modern FA period has a .286 win percentage. If everyone can get to around .500 then why did he wait for Marvin to come to town to do it?

The .500 statement refers to the modern era of the CAP and Free Agency.

Before the CAP and Free Agency, owners could buy anybody they wanted and lock up their best players without CAP implications. The good owners invested in their organization...got good scouts and personel...developed and locked up their great players.

The cheap guys like Brown made a living fleecing the fans. A body in a uniform was good enough as long as he got gate receipts and TV revenue. He lives off the money that he doeasn't spend to build a competetor.

In this new era, he has to spend.

• 2 weeks later...

So again the bengals still do not have the scouts to perform the due diligence required. Also he is an udfa so he doesn't cost anything.

The Bengals are well aware of the troubled players they bring into camp. They just think they can get them straightened out. Usually that doesn't happen.

They aren't always in the know. I do remember a guy from a few yrs ago that they didn't know had issues. It was known by everyone on campus but the Bengals didn't have anyone to ask. Also this is from something that happened when he was 18. According to the team he has not been in trouble since then. IF it is a youthful screwup and he is on the street in about 7 months they have him for 2013.