ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ozzie and De Costa

oldno82

Hmmm, Newsome's comments on De Costa's promotion to Assistant GM:

“When we extended Eric’s contract earlier this year, we changed his title to Assistant GM,” Newsome said. “As Eric continues to grow in the personnel department, he is becoming a vital part of the decision-making process.”"

Sounds a little like damning with faint praise especially since a number of teams have displayed interest in De Costa as a GM candidate now.

We need him a lot. Maybe they should have promoted him to Deputy or Associate GM and I thought Ozzie could have been a little more generous with his appraisal.

Probably not a big issue...just has me wondering.

I don't think we want Ozzie publicly hyping up DeCosta...unless they want to lose him.

Middle of the road statements like "Eric is an important part of what we do around here...we're pleased with Eric..."

Othrewise some teams will offer him a contract he can't refuse. A lot of Owners would like to be where the Ravens are and have the quality personel that they have. They totally raided and wiped out the Ravens coaching staffs...Pagano being the latest.

It feels like "Need somebody? Look to Baltimore."

They are a model organization.

We need him a lot. Maybe they should have promoted him to Deputy or Associate GM and I thought Ozzie could have been a little more generous with his appraisal.

Probably not a big issue...just has me wondering.

isn't the promotion enough praise? Not sure what you were looking for him to say.

Like I said, not a big issue. I was just trying to see if I was the only one that felt he could have said a bit more rather than he's 'growing' into the job and that he was 'becoming' a vital part. Seems to me he's already grown into a GM position and his contributions are already completely vital.

Just sayin'...