ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No Hangover

vmax

I'd say the hangover from the AFC Championship is gone...

"I think we were all pretty crushed after that one," said Flacco, who went 22 of 36 for 306 yards, two touchdowns and one interception in the loss. "It probably won't be the last time that we will lose a big football game. I think the true test of a good team is how you get back up and get back after it. So far, since I've been here, we've been able to do that, and we are going to treat it the same. Obviously, it hurts and it stings, but you have to get back out here.

"We are all tough guys and understand that kind of thing happens sometimes. I think time is one thing, and getting back out here and running around and realizing that it's not the end of the world. We have to come out here and we have to come ready to play so that we can get right back there and have the same opportunity next season."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-flacco-0524-20120523,0,413804.story

On a personal level, Boldin said he hasn’t watched tape of the AFC championship game in January and doesn’t seem to be planning to do so, but he has been using the loss as motivation throughout the offseason.

“It makes you work even harder. It makes you concentrate on the small things,” said Boldin, who caught 57 passes for 887 receiving yards and three scores in 2011. “There's nobody that could have told me we were going to lose that game. Until the clock hit zero, I still thought we were going to win. There's no way I thought we wouldn't go to the Super Bowl. That's how I feel this year. I feel like we're going to win it. That's the great thing about each year. It brings optimism. It brings a fresh start. I like where we are right now."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-insider-anquan-boldin-ravens-otas-20120524,0,5217844.story?track=rss

Pollard praised general manager Ozzie Newsome and the team’s front office for putting together what he feels is another championship-caliber team. And Pollard, who is a favorite of reporters for his willingness to tell you exactly what he is thinking in a very colorful manner, sounds eager to silence the team’s critics.

“Whatever happened last year was last year. We’re moving on to this year. The 2012 football season is going to be exciting,” he said. “You’ve got so many people saying what we can’t do, who we’re facing, how many quarterbacks can do this, what offenses do that. It does not matter because when the whistle blows and you’re between those white [lines], you can’t stop us. And we’re excited with what we have.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-insider-bernard-pollard-ravens-defense-20120524,0,4190859.story

Reading and hearing that loss crushed this team and they'll have a hard time recovering and getting it together this year is just bunk.

It's bullshit to say their Super Bowl window is closing because of Ray and Ed Reed too. It might be closing for Ray and Ed, but not this team.

130256636_crop_650x440.jpg?1326002791

Ha Ha Crav! This is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Anybody looking at this photo of you in college can figure out who has the most brain cells left.

Victims-of-Drinking-006.jpg