ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cap situation

papasmurfbell

Crav when did you become Negative Nancy? :) You've always been upbeat and positive in the past. I remember a time when you even thought Travis Taylor was good! (I made arguments for Boller, we're not all perfect lol) What do we need cap room for this year? We have a solid stacked team. This front office is going to get the deals done for Rice and Flacco. They always do. Always. They're just prudent about doing it and that keeps us from giving out ludicrous contracts on a regular basis. Cmon man, get them purple shades back. It's so much more fun!

I don't care when we sign him, we will sign him. We've always locked up players that we've deemed very valuable. Rice certainly falls into that category. And honestly, if there is an injury during the season, how many times do you have to sign someone that costs a ton. And....we depth at nearly every position. If there is an injury, next man up.

Rice will be resigned before he's a FA, so will Flacco. (Unless one or more gets injured) My guess, with Rice, they'll sign during the season.

We all knew the Ravens were tight against the Cap.

Ozzie will get one more player...maybe 2 by the end of the second week of camp. They will make the money 'be there' if they think it will fill a need and make the team better.

Who do we need? As far as Lee Evans goes, he doesn't get injured I bet we're all singing a different tune. That's a wash as far as I'm concerned. Injuries are what they are. The drop is frustrating yes, but it's not like he said, "you know what, I'm a pathetic player and a low person, I think I'll drop the game winner". He put in a good effort and was unlucky.

Only gets worse next year

Not necessarily Steel, you get Joe & Rice with Cap friendly deals, Ed goes, Ray Ray goes..we'll be OK.

And in the back of your mind if you are entertaining the thought that the Ravens wont get a deal done for Joe & Rice, then you dont know the FO very well..They are the best in the league at getting it done and getting it done so that it is cap friendly.

I wouldn't say best in the league the steelers do a pretty good job of it as well. I don't know they both sound like they want to get paid. If I had to chooe I would go flacco because qbs are harder to find. The thing that would worry be is if they have to franchise him the hit would be over 16 million and that hurts bad.

Who do we need? As far as Lee Evans goes, he doesn't get injured I bet we're all singing a different tune. That's a wash as far as I'm concerned. Injuries are what they are. The drop is frustrating yes, but it's not like he said, "you know what, I'm a pathetic player and a low person, I think I'll drop the game winner". He put in a good effort and was unlucky.

I think he was hurt before he came. I think it was the same problem he had the previous yr and came back.