ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Scary

vmax

Billy-Would you pay 43,000 for a Chevette? I understand at the time they were affordable, hell my first brand new car was a Cavalier station wagon. but come on man, I see these adds for these Electric/ Hybrid Cars, its ridiculous to pay that amt of money..Cant wait til these suckers have to repair the dam thing. And when you buy a Volt and take it off the showroom floor, what do you think the depreciation value is going to be?

(this is for Billy)In 2009 a guy Scotty Donahue here in bmore who sold cars forever especially fords was on the Radio one morning. He said that Ford went through the downturn a yr earlier but spotted it before it could wipe them out and mitigated it.

You don't advert financial ruin by looking just one year down the road. I'm not sure how Ford did it, but my guess is some pretty savvy bean counters and re-negotiations with the unionized autoworkers, who I must say took a hit in the pocket but kept their jobs.

Billy-Would you pay 43,000 for a Chevette? I understand at the time they were affordable, hell my first brand new car was a Cavalier station wagon. but come on man, I see these adds for these Electric/ Hybrid Cars, its ridiculous to pay that amt of money..Cant wait til these suckers have to repair the dam thing. And when you buy a Volt and take it off the showroom floor, what do you think the depreciation value is going to be?

Dude you'll never catch me driving a hybrid. Right now I possess two pickup trucks. An '86 Ford and a '99 GMC. Cheap to drive/insure/register. Tires are a bit steep. $260 a wheel on the Sierra.

Awww, don't be so harsh on Chevettes. Sure they were ugly pieces of crap, but the one I had ran for years. I did have to dump a quart of oil in it a week, but other than that it was cheap to own.

I agree. My first car was a Chevette that was previously my mothers. There was a lot not to like but it ran forever.

My next car would be a hybrid if I could afford it. For now the cost is just too much for me to consider. I will admit I am not a "car guy", I don't get excited by cars. It just transportation to me. I look at reliability, comfort, and safety at an affordable cost.

Dude you'll never catch me driving a hybrid. Right now I possess two pickup trucks. An '86 Ford and a '99 GMC. Cheap to drive/insure/register. Tires are a bit steep. $260 a wheel on the Sierra.

Tell me about it, the Mrs SUV, 800 for 4 tires, and Good Year gave me a 75.00 visa card 3 months later..GEEEE