ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

C-Mac released

cravnravn

I don't see the point of breaking the bank on anyone in FA. Oz made a brilliant move last year trading a third rounder for Washington. I would prefer another move like that this year. Maybe try trading down this year from our first round position since we have a solid team already. This would give us extra 2nd and 3rd round picks to use as trade bait for anothe similar deal. I'm just not big on spending big bucks to acquire another teams cast away. Once in awhile it works, I just don't see anyone this year that is worth spending the money on.

Trade up and get malcolm jenkins. Best corner in the draft by far. If not that, try to sign dunta robinsion to friendly deal in FA.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade up and get malcolm jenkins. Best corner in the draft by far. If not that, try to sign dunta robinsion to friendly deal in FA.

I am not sure either of those is realistic. Most scouts are actually projecting Jenkins as a safety. I would rather have Vontae Davis. As for Robinson, he is going to be a hot ticket on the market this offseason. The Texans have already said they are going to make every effort to re-sign him. Robinson is not going to be cheap.

Why trade up when this team is already solid. When a team is solid, trading down is the good move.

Why trade up? So we can attain a lock down corner for the next 10 yrs.

As far as jenkins being moved to safety, wait till he runs his 40 in high 4.3's and those safety whispers will be gone. This guy reminds me alot like Cmac, minus the attitude.

Why trade up? So we can attain a lock down corner for the next 10 yrs.

As far as jenkins being moved to safety, wait till he runs his 40 in high 4.3's and those safety whispers will be gone. This guy reminds me alot like Cmac, minus the attitude.

It is not the straight-line speed people are worried about with Jenkins, he is described as being very stiff in the hips.

It is not the straight-line speed people are worried about with Jenkins, he is described as being very stiff in the hips.

i trust my eyes, more so than what people say about his hips. That might be the same shit that classified him as a 3 star recruit. He wasn't nearly effective his jr yr when he filled in at safety.

I hear C-Mac saves us 8 million.

And our cap was $19 million.

So, if I know anything about the cap, we've got 27 million?

That and a secondary where no one can tackle worth a shit. :lol: The offense better be ready to put up major points in 2009. :o

That and a secondary where no one can tackle worth a shit. :lol: The offense better be ready to put up major points in 2009. :o

Preston claims that Rolle may be next:

Now that Chris McAlister has been let go by the Ravens, is fellow cornerback Samari Rolle next?

The Ravens want to get younger in the offseason, and Rolle wants out. Because of his age, it was hard on his body to work through coach John Harbaugh's long practices, especially late in the season.

Rolle is still under contract with the Ravens, but his agent is expected to meet with general manager Ozzie Newsome later this week at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. The Ravens will probably ask Rolle to take a pay cut, and he will probably ask them for his release.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav...ping_block.html

Not only will we have a secondary that cannot tackle, we will not have much of a secondary at all. Ozzie sure has his work cut out for him this offseason. Luckily, there is good talent available in the draft and in free agency at corner.

Trading down would enable us to grab several corners or make a trade ala Fabian Washington last year. I'd really rather not pin hops on just one guy. Pay Brown, pay Suggs, then see where the rest fall into place as far as the market is concerned. We need to be smart and acquire future first, second, and third round picks now while this team is very good. It will cost us a ton to trade up, now is the time to be trading down and acquiring future draft picks.

Wouldn't it be nice when this team makes or finishes a Super Bowl run and we get two first round picks ala the patriots of a year or two ago? This defense is still pretty good, and we can now begin to expect more out of the offense. Trading up will certainly cost us a future first round pick and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year. It sure would be nice to make a trade with say.......the lions and allow them to get an additional 1st this year for their second, (which I would assume, I don't know, is only a few slots later), and their first next year. Then make a solid playoff run and end up with a top ten pick next year, most likely even a top five pick. That would complete this team nicely and cost us alot less.

This team is good, we don't need to take desperate chances and trade up to acquire anyone. We will still be good.

Trading down would enable us to grab several corners or make a trade ala Fabian Washington last year. I'd really rather not pin hops on just one guy. Pay Brown, pay Suggs, then see where the rest fall into place as far as the market is concerned. We need to be smart and acquire future first, second, and third round picks now while this team is very good. It will cost us a ton to trade up, now is the time to be trading down and acquiring future draft picks.

Wouldn't it be nice when this team makes or finishes a Super Bowl run and we get two first round picks ala the patriots of a year or two ago? This defense is still pretty good, and we can now begin to expect more out of the offense. Trading up will certainly cost us a future first round pick and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year. It sure would be nice to make a trade with say.......the lions and allow them to get an additional 1st this year for their second, (which I would assume, I don't know, is only a few slots later), and their first next year. Then make a solid playoff run and end up with a top ten pick next year, most likely even a top five pick. That would complete this team nicely and cost us alot less.

This team is good, we don't need to take desperate chances and trade up to acquire anyone. We will still be good.

We won't be that good. An older Ray, an older reed, no rex ryan and an injury away from being the same team from 07. Whose to say Flacco won't hit the wall in his 2nd yr? I don't see us as a playoff team right now for next yr.

Alot of things went right for us this yr. Key players stayed healthy minus Cmac, which is what eventually led to our downfall (secondary). Our team needs alot of improvement and the way things seem to be unraveling I just don't see us covering all our holes. Secondary is a huge hole, plus you got injuries that happen there. I don't see how we are going to improve our offense, unless flacco plays out of his mind. Not to many WRs available that can make a difference. Still need to find a permenant kicker and return man. Need to find some young solid dlineme. Need a young solid RT and need to find a legit rb.

We won't be that good. An older Ray, an older reed, no rex ryan and an injury away from being the same team from 07. Whose to say Flacco won't hit the wall in his 2nd yr? I don't see us as a playoff team right now for next yr.

Alot of things went right for us this yr. Key players stayed healthy minus Cmac, which is what eventually led to our downfall (secondary). Our team needs alot of improvement and the way things seem to be unraveling I just don't see us covering all our holes. Secondary is a huge hole, plus you got injuries that happen there. I don't see how we are going to improve our offense, unless flacco plays out of his mind. Not to many WRs available that can make a difference. Still need to find a permenant kicker and return man. Need to find some young solid dlineme. Need a young solid RT and need to find a legit rb.

Fortunate with injuries? Yanda, Gregg, Edwards, Landry, and D-Will (do not underestimate that, we really could have used him in the playoffs) all out for the season. Gaither, Mason, Heap, Terry, Reed, and McGahee all banged up the whole season. Sure, some of our big guys on defense stayed healthy, but you could play the "fortunate" game with any team in the league. Is Pittsburgh "fortunate" to win the Super Bowl because Harrison or Polamalu did not get injured? That argument does not make any sense.

Things are hardly unraveling. We know have something we have never had before, consistency at QB. Teams that have a legitimate franchise quarterback play consistent football season in and season out. I expect us to move into the league of the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Eagles, and Chargers.

Yes, secondary is a huge hole. But where is the trust in Ozzie? Ozzie and co. realize secondary is a number one need, he will address it. There are plenty of options out there. We are fine at runningback. Ray Rice is legit, and paired with McClain and McGahee, we will be more than fine.

McKinney, Bannan, Edwards, and Douglas aren't good enough? Douglas, Bannan, and McKinney did everything you could ask from them. You realize how hard it is to find interior 3-4 linemen with the ability to stop the run and rush the passer? There are not many of those in this league. Stop the run is the first priority, and we have guys that can do that.

The offense not improving? Are you sick? A full offseason with Flacco working with Cam alone will improve the offense. You're telling me that young guys like Gaither, Grubbs, Chester, McClain, Rice, Clayton, and most importantly Flacco are simply not going to improve? We are fine at right tackle, Terry and Anderson played fine the whole season. Get Flacco a healthy D-Will, another offseason to work with Clayton and Mason, and a new receiver through the draft, and we will be fine.

There are questions with every team this time of year (look at the Steelers offensive line, and all the starters they are projected to lose). If we can re-sign Brown, Ray, and Suggs, I believe this is the best shape the Ravens have been in for a long time. Mattison is certainly a question mark at DC, and the secondary is a question. But Ozzie will address the holes on this team, just have faith.

i trust my eyes, more so than what people say about his hips. That might be the same shit that classified him as a 3 star recruit. He wasn't nearly effective his jr yr when he filled in at safety.

I have not seen Jenkins too much, so I just go by what the professionals say. Here is Todd McShay's two cents:

For starters, Malcolm Jenkins of Ohio State is the top cornerback prospect, but there's still debate regarding where

he fits best in the NFL. Jenkins is at his best in space, where he can keep the play in front of him, read the quarterback's eyes and get an early break on the ball. He is not as fluid and crisp when changing directions in man-to-man coverage, which is why he is best suited to play either cornerback in a Cover 2-heavy scheme or free safety in any other scheme.

Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin have echoed the same thoughts. Jenkins could very well turn into another Charles Woodson where he is able to use his size and athleticism to make up for his lack of fluidity, or he could be another Antrel Rolle.

Thanks cleets.......I was about to begin my defense but you beat me to it lol! We need quality depth....not superstar contracts or trading up in the draft to pay super star contracts. We have enough of those. Never mind that in a few years we will have to pay Flacco like a fanchise QB......haven't had to do that in a long long time. That's alot of money.

Fortunate with injuries? Yanda, Gregg, Edwards, Landry, and D-Will (do not underestimate that, we really could have used him in the playoffs) all out for the season. Gaither, Mason, Heap, Terry, Reed, and McGahee all banged up the whole season. Sure, some of our big guys on defense stayed healthy, but you could play the "fortunate" game with any team in the league. Is Pittsburgh "fortunate" to win the Super Bowl because Harrison or Polamalu did not get injured? That argument does not make any sense.

Things are hardly unraveling. We know have something we have never had before, consistency at QB. Teams that have a legitimate franchise quarterback play consistent football season in and season out. I expect us to move into the league of the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Eagles, and Chargers.

Yes, secondary is a huge hole. But where is the trust in Ozzie? Ozzie and co. realize secondary is a number one need, he will address it. There are plenty of options out there. We are fine at runningback. Ray Rice is legit, and paired with McClain and McGahee, we will be more than fine.

McKinney, Bannan, Edwards, and Douglas aren't good enough? Douglas, Bannan, and McKinney did everything you could ask from them. You realize how hard it is to find interior 3-4 linemen with the ability to stop the run and rush the passer? There are not many of those in this league. Stop the run is the first priority, and we have guys that can do that.

The offense not improving? Are you sick? A full offseason with Flacco working with Cam alone will improve the offense. You're telling me that young guys like Gaither, Grubbs, Chester, McClain, Rice, Clayton, and most importantly Flacco are simply not going to improve? We are fine at right tackle, Terry and Anderson played fine the whole season. Get Flacco a healthy D-Will, another offseason to work with Clayton and Mason, and a new receiver through the draft, and we will be fine.

There are questions with every team this time of year (look at the Steelers offensive line, and all the starters they are projected to lose). If we can re-sign Brown, Ray, and Suggs, I believe this is the best shape the Ravens have been in for a long time. Mattison is certainly a question mark at DC, and the secondary is a question. But Ozzie will address the holes on this team, just have faith.

Notice I said we were fortunate we didn't have key injuries. All of the players injured were replaceable except cmac. Reed is always going to be a health concern from here on out, if he goes, then were really fucked. To compare harrison or polamalu to the guys the ravens lost this yr is stupid. Harrison and Pol are much more important than Yanda, Gregg, Edwards, Landry, and D-Will .

Trust in Ozzie? We have had serious secondary problems for yrs. Yes we addressed it last yr with walker and washington. Washington worked out, walker not so much. We have been looking for cmacs replacement for yrs. Pittman and martin haven't done shit. The only think ozzie has done good for the secondary is fabian.

Ray Rice is legit? After one yr of playing half a season shows me nothing. Rb is a big unknown for us. Will Willis return to 07 form? Can rice stay healthy? Can mcclain duplicate numbers? Will mcclain be moved to fb. To say were fine at rb is an example of being unrealistic.

Dline - yea those guys are excellent at stopping the run, but stopping the run isn't our problem. We need a better pass rush, this cost us in the playoffs. That paired with a weak ass secondary, is the sign of problems to come for this defense.

Offense improving - No i'm not sick; im realistic. Stats show that qbs struggle more in their 2nd yr. Our offense relies on Flacco to start doing more. Will he take the next step and start converting those 3rd downs? Will he stop forcing the ball? Can he make adjustments? Can he find another wr besides mason? All things that are an unknown. What has a healthy Dwill shown in 3 seasons? He can't make the big catch in traffic, all he has is speed and height. To say our offense will improve will a healthy dwill is foolish. Willie Anderson, played solid, but he is old. Terry is above avg at right tackle, but we kept our te's alot to spot them insurance. We need more targets for flacco. Anderson has prolly one more yr in him, so we still need to find a rt. For the offense to improve, flacco has to improve.

Yes, every team has problems. But our problems are magnified IMO b/c we have been a defense dominated team for yrs. Our defense has aging stars, can we fill those holes and still be elite? Will our offense be able to be a more productive offense and carry this team some? It's time to become a more balanced team and right now I don't see our offense carrying our defense next yr.

Can't compare ravens to steelers. Their number 1 rated defense will still be intact, their 2 time winner super bowl qb is young and already in place, rb is fine. All their key players are set in stone and it is known they will be solid. They could use a new oline, they gave up a ton of sacks and had a shitty run game. Their biggest question mark is if their kicker has gone fuckin nuts or not.

I have not seen Jenkins too much, so I just go by what the professionals say. Here is Todd McShay's two cents:

Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin have echoed the same thoughts. Jenkins could very well turn into another Charles Woodson where he is able to use his size and athleticism to make up for his lack of fluidity, or he could be another Antrel Rolle.

Mcshay just stated he was the best cornerback prospect in the country. Why would you turn him into a safety?

You don't draft him in the top 5 to play safety, he isn't a sean taylor or landry type safety prospect. He is stud shut down corner. He is very quick and physical, great leaper and tackler, and very good at making play on the ball. Cmac clone, heard it here first.

To solidify our secondary, we need to find a number one cb or get some better pass rushing lineman. The steeler don't have a great secondary they just have great pass rushers.

Notice I said we were fortunate we didn't have key injuries. All of the players injured were replaceable except cmac. Reed is always going to be a health concern from here on out, if he goes, then were really fucked. To compare harrison or polamalu to the guys the ravens lost this yr is stupid. Harrison and Pol are much more important than Yanda, Gregg, Edwards, Landry, and D-Will .

That is not the comparison I made. You said we were fortunate that none of key guys got injured. So were the Steelers fortunate as well? If Reed goes down, we are in a hole. But if Polamalu goes down, same with the Steelers. This is something you could say about any team any year. It's football.

Trust in Ozzie? We have had serious secondary problems for yrs. Yes we addressed it last yr with walker and washington. Washington worked out, walker not so much. We have been looking for cmacs replacement for yrs. Pittman and martin haven't done shit. The only think ozzie has done good for the secondary is fabian.

You realize we had the #2 passing defense in the league last year, right? In 2006 we were #6. Ozzie knows what he is doing. It is quite the fashion to bash Frank Walker. Walker was not bad. Is he a starter? No. But he is solid depth. As for finding another Cmac, you realize Cmac was a borderline Hall of Fame talent, right? You just don't "find" a Cmac. You get one by losing 10 games or dishing out a $25 million + signing bonus.

Like I said, there is plenty of talent out there in the draft and free agency, Ozzie will get able bodies. We will be no worse off than last year. Especially with Suggs coming back to rush the passer and McClain/Barnes progressing as well.

Ray Rice is legit? After one yr of playing half a season shows me nothing. Rb is a big unknown for us. Will Willis return to 07 form? Can rice stay healthy? Can mcclain duplicate numbers? Will mcclain be moved to fb. To say were fine at rb is an example of being unrealistic.

It is not an unrealistic example. We were the #4 rushing offense with just the guys I mentioned. The offensive line is getting better, and Rice and McClain will as well. We are fine at runningback.

Dline - yea those guys are excellent at stopping the run, but stopping the run isn't our problem. We need a better pass rush, this cost us in the playoffs. That paired with a weak ass secondary, is the sign of problems to come for this defense.

Like I said, finding interior 3-4 linemen who can rush the passer are like finding shutdown corners or #1 receivers, they do not grow on trees. Our pass rush, like many 3-4 teams, is based upon our pressure schemes. Sometimes they are effective, other times they are not. Last year Rex did a great job of mixing them up, but often times he would get caught in holding patterns where the offense knew what was coming. Especially in the Steelers game where Ben was going on a hard count. We need to have checkout options from the blitz.

Offense improving - No i'm not sick; im realistic. Stats show that qbs struggle more in their 2nd yr. Our offense relies on Flacco to start doing more. Will he take the next step and start converting those 3rd downs? Will he stop forcing the ball? Can he make adjustments? Can he find another wr besides mason? All things that are an unknown. What has a healthy Dwill shown in 3 seasons? He can't make the big catch in traffic, all he has is speed and height. To say our offense will improve will a healthy dwill is foolish. Willie Anderson, played solid, but he is old. Terry is above avg at right tackle, but we kept our te's alot to spot them insurance. We need more targets for flacco. Anderson has prolly one more yr in him, so we still need to find a rt. For the offense to improve, flacco has to improve.

It goes beyond just a healthy D-Will. I've already explained it. Another year in Cam's system, a progressing offensive line, a progressing pair of runningbacks, and a year of experience for Flacco. This alone will progress the offense. Add in hopefully some new targets at wide receiver. You bet Ozzie is going to be looking hard at WR.

Yes, every team has problems. But our problems are magnified IMO b/c we have been a defense dominated team for yrs. Our defense has aging stars, can we fill those holes and still be elite? Will our offense be able to be a more productive offense and carry this team some? It's time to become a more balanced team and right now I don't see our offense carrying our defense next yr.

Can't compare ravens to steelers. Their number 1 rated defense will still be intact, their 2 time winner super bowl qb is young and already in place, rb is fine. All their key players are set in stone and it is known they will be solid. They could use a new oline, they gave up a ton of sacks and had a shitty run game. Their biggest question mark is if their kicker has gone fuckin nuts or not.

You say our running game is bad and the Steelers are fine? You have to be kidding me. The Steelers have no idea what they have in Mendenhall. Wee Willie Parker is injury-prone, and the Steelers offensive line is a mess and could lose three starters. Pittsburgh had the 23rd rushing attack in the league. And we are the ones not well off at runningback... :blink:

As for aging: Aaron Smith will be 33, Casey Hampton 32, James Farrior 34, Deshea Townsend 34. Like us, the Steelers have young stars (Polamalu, Woodley, Timmons, and Harrison, who will be 31), and they have their aging guys. Oh yeah, they probably will lose Bryant McFadden to free agency. For teams like us, it is the system that makes the defense. Yes, it will be a question mark now that Rex is gone, but the system is about drafting players who fit what you want to do. No one does it better on defense than us and the Steelers. This year was a testament to that as we had multiple backups fill in and play well. Next man up is the philosophy!

What makes the Steelers contenders year-in and year-out is big #7 at QB. Same with the Colts and Manning, Chargers and Rivers, Eagles and McNabb, Pats and Brady, etc. When you have a franchise QB, you compete. If Joe can play like he did in the second half of the season, I have no doubt we will be back in the playoffs.

Mcshay just stated he was the best cornerback prospect in the country. Why would you turn him into a safety?

Ask Todd McShea. Jenkins would be a great fit for a Cover-2 team. I am not doubting his talent at all, nor am I saying I wouldn't love to have him. Just stating the questions with his game, and the possibility he could end up like Antrel Rolle. Then again, they said the same thing about Cmac and Charles Woodson coming out of college. I have a feeling Jenkins will be just fine.

That is not the comparison I made. You said we were fortunate that none of key guys got injured. So were the Steelers fortunate as well? If Reed goes down, we are in a hole. But if Polamalu goes down, same with the Steelers. This is something you could say about any team any year. It's football.

You realize we had the #2 passing defense in the league last year, right? In 2006 we were #6. Ozzie knows what he is doing. It is quite the fashion to bash Frank Walker. Walker was not bad. Is he a starter? No. But he is solid depth. As for finding another Cmac, you realize Cmac was a borderline Hall of Fame talent, right? You just don't "find" a Cmac. You get one by losing 10 games or dishing out a $25 million + signing bonus.

Like I said, there is plenty of talent out there in the draft and free agency, Ozzie will get able bodies. We will be no worse off than last year. Especially with Suggs coming back to rush the passer and McClain/Barnes progressing as well.

It is not an unrealistic example. We were the #4 rushing offense with just the guys I mentioned. The offensive line is getting better, and Rice and McClain will as well. We are fine at runningback.

Like I said, finding interior 3-4 linemen who can rush the passer are like finding shutdown corners or #1 receivers, they do not grow on trees. Our pass rush, like many 3-4 teams, is based upon our pressure schemes. Sometimes they are effective, other times they are not. Last year Rex did a great job of mixing them up, but often times he would get caught in holding patterns where the offense knew what was coming. Especially in the Steelers game where Ben was going on a hard count. We need to have checkout options from the blitz.

It goes beyond just a healthy D-Will. I've already explained it. Another year in Cam's system, a progressing offensive line, a progressing pair of runningbacks, and a year of experience for Flacco. This alone will progress the offense. Add in hopefully some new targets at wide receiver. You bet Ozzie is going to be looking hard at WR.

You say our running game is bad and the Steelers are fine? You have to be kidding me. The Steelers have no idea what they have in Mendenhall. Wee Willie Parker is injury-prone, and the Steelers offensive line is a mess and could lose three starters. Pittsburgh had the 23rd rushing attack in the league. And we are the ones not well off at runningback... :blink:

As for aging: Aaron Smith will be 33, Casey Hampton 32, James Farrior 34, Deshea Townsend 34. Like us, the Steelers have young stars (Polamalu, Woodley, Timmons, and Harrison, who will be 31), and they have their aging guys. Oh yeah, they probably will lose Bryant McFadden to free agency. For teams like us, it is the system that makes the defense. Yes, it will be a question mark now that Rex is gone, but the system is about drafting players who fit what you want to do. No one does it better on defense than us and the Steelers. This year was a testament to that as we had multiple backups fill in and play well. Next man up is the philosophy!

What makes the Steelers contenders year-in and year-out is big #7 at QB. Same with the Colts and Manning, Chargers and Rivers, Eagles and McNabb, Pats and Brady, etc. When you have a franchise QB, you compete. If Joe can play like he did in the second half of the season, I have no doubt we will be back in the playoffs.

I SAID ALOT OF THINGS WENT RIGHT FOR US...KEY PLAYERS STAYED HEALTHY. So i don't know why were arguing about this? Injuries happen every yr to every team. This is why I said alot of things went right for us. Reed, ray, ngata, pryce, suggs staying healthy was a key for us.

Yea that number 2 pass defense consistently got torched in big games/ good teams (kerry collins threw for 300 plus, ben made plays through the air, manning torched us). Palmer was out for one game, didn't play brees or warner. I also never said walker was terrible, I pointed out that he wasn't a solution for our secondary woes. He played better than Ivy, but that isn't saying too much.

Yes the system does makre our defense is, but we don't know what system we have now. Losing Rex leaves a big unknown. People are underestimating this IMO.

Did joe flacco really do alot in the second half of the yr? I mean to us Ravens fans he was a savior, but lets not get ahead of ourselves he wasn't setting the world on fire. He played terrible against the steelers in 2 games, ok in 1st one. The best game he played was the cowboys, but we won last yr b/c of turnovers and our run game. We saw what happened in 07 we never got turnovers and our team blew. Flacco played avg in the playoff games, but he needs to do more for us next yr if we expect to be in the playoffs.

The fact remains, we have a solid team period. Finding another Cmac is unrealistic, period. We need to find solid depth and spend our money wisely. If we get another pickup like Washington, suddenly we look a whole lot better at corner. This is a solid team that just made the AFC Championship game and was the most injured team in the NFL if I recall correctly. (I could be wrong on that one) In any case, we whethered alot of injuries, some to "key" members. Gregg was definitely "key". McGahee was definitely "key". Heap was definitely "key". And finally Cmac was definitely "key". We didn't lose all of our "key" players, but let's not pretend we didn't lose any.

The real arguement is whether or not we need to break the bank for another Cmac type shutdown corner. I'm not sure that's wise at this moment. We're going to have to spend alot of money on Flacco in a few years. Why don't we go the smart route and obtain that "said" player through the draft by trading down with a team that will likely have a high draft pick next year. With a franchise QB, our window for a SB should not be closing. For the first time in a long time we have a very solid team and a super bright outlook because of Flacco. It's time to be smart and continue planning for the future. Don't mortgage the future for someone now, doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong if the right guy is available for the right price get him, but I don't see the need to break the bank or lose draft picks trading up. I say find another washington and we will do fine at CB. I'd rather find a super pass rushing defensive end to compliment Suggs. I think that would improve our coverage dramatically. I'd rather spend the money on someone like that.

Rolle will hopefully be released. For $5 Mil in this market you can get a better corner then Rolle, but I expect Ozzie to release him, spend $3 Mil on a solid Vet CB, and draft one in the 1st or 2nd round. I would feel confident going into next year with a CB depth chart of Washington/Solid Vet/Early Draft Pick/Walker/Ivy.

Rolle will hopefully be released. For $5 Mil in this market you can get a better corner then Rolle, but I expect Ozzie to release him, spend $3 Mil on a solid Vet CB, and draft one in the 1st or 2nd round. I would feel confident going into next year with a CB depth chart of Washington/Solid Vet/Early Draft Pick/Walker/Ivy.

I'm warming up to your suggestion colin...after reading Prestons blog on Rolle and after the solid deal Ozzie made for Washington last year, Ozzie might be leaning in the direction of your suggestion.

What is the scoop on Derek martin and Pittman? I think MArtin has some upside and would like for him to seize a position. Pittman has never shown much IMO.

I actually know a coach down here at Tulane that coached Pittman in college. The Ravens tried to put Pittman on IR citing a hamstring injury. In other words, Pittman didn't really make the team but the Ravens wanted to retain his rights. Pittman did not want to do that however, so they reached an injury settlement in which Pittman was granted his release and is no longer a part of the team.

Derrick Martin was injured during training camp and could never get healthy. Martin is still only 23 and has shown flashes of being a solid player, so he will get every opportunity to make this team and play come training camp

We haven't had very good luck with mid-round corners, but we have done very well with 1st Rounders (CMac, Starks even) so I'm hoping the trend continues....

On another note, I expect our DLine play to be amazing next year, with Dwan and Gregg back, the emergence of McKinney, Ngata and Bannan, and the resigning of Suggs, we wont have any worry about the Run, and should get decent pressure up the guy, and as a result I expect Dawan or Leonhard(whoever is at SS) to be playing out of the box a lot more then we are used to....This means we wont have near as much pressure on our CB's to play on an island as in years past.