ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Samari Rolle Wants Out of Baltimore

Ravenmaniac52

-- Samari Rolle Wants Out of Baltimore --

The Baltimore Sun reports CB Samari Rolle is still under contract with the Ravens, but his agent is expected to meet with GM Ozzie Newsome later this week at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. The Ravens will probably ask Rolle to take a pay cut, and he will probably ask them for his release.

I have mixed feelings on this one. We need a good corner ... but is he good enough?

That is based off of Preston's speculation:

Rolle is still under contract with the Ravens, but his agent is expected to meet with general manager Ozzie Newsome later this week at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. The Ravens will probably ask Rolle to take a pay cut, and he will probably ask them for his release.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav...ping_block.html

It's all speculation...it certainly could be reality...but it's just in the specultaion stage.

The Ravens need to keep Rolle because they have no depth behind Walker and Washington. Actually you can't count on any of them to stay healthy all season (Rolle included). Rolle's $4.5 mil CAP figure isn't too high.

It's all speculation...it certainly could be reality...but it's just in the specultaion stage.

The Ravens need to keep Rolle because they have no depth behind Walker and Washington. Actually you can't count on any of them to stay healthy all season (Rolle included). Rolle's $4.5 mil CAP figure isn't too high.

Mixed feelings. Do we need Rolle's leadership/experience while we turnover the CB position ?

Or do we bite the bullet and move on.

Given Rolle's declining health and productivity (not to mention salary), I say we bite the bullet and move on.

Oz and Co need make sure they pick up a stealth CB in the draft PLUS a legit FA CB.

Mixed feelings. Do we need Rolle's leadership/experience while we turnover the CB position ?

Or do we bite the bullet and move on.

Given Rolle's declining health and productivity (not to mention salary), I say we bite the bullet and move on.

Oz and Co need make sure they pick up a stealth CB in the draft PLUS a legit FA CB.

I am starting to think we bite the bullet as well and do what you said, draft a corner high and sign a solid free agent. $5 million is too much to gamble on Rolle's durability.

After all the success the Ravens had last year plugging in players, they might be thinking about getting younger and healthier personel.

The coaching staff did a great job last season developing talent and they must be confident that trend will continue.

We are heading toward another 20-25% roster turnover.

I'm not panicing because I remember 2002. Only Ray, Boulware and Cmac returned on the D and it was still good.

I still would like to keep Rolle because he provides depth, leadership and great experience. I do understand the durability and Cap concerns. It's scary to think of a weak secondary after watching one in '96, '97' and '98. The Ravens couldn't win...even with a very good offense.

But....they may be thinking 'get younger/get healthier/get more consistant performance'.

After all the success the Ravens had last year plugging in players, they might be thinking about getting younger and healthier personel.

The coaching staff did a great job last season developing talent and they must be confident that trend will continue.

We are heading toward another 20-25% roster turnover.

I'm not panicing because I remember 2002. Only Ray, Boulware and Cmac returned on the D and it was still good.

I still would like to keep Rolle because he provides depth, leadership and great experience. I do understand the durability and Cap concerns. It's scary to think of a weak secondary after watching one in '96, '97' and '98. The Ravens couldn't win...even with a very good offense.

But....they may be thinking 'get younger/get healthier/get more consistant performance'.

Then let Ray walk too

Rolle has been a real weak link on this defense for the last two seasons.

He cannot play up on his man, he always gives a 10-15 yard cushion to avoid getting beat deep, and thus he gets his ass beat over the middle. He can't tackle. He can't run. He can't hit. And he found himself turned around multiple times in big plays this year that really, really hurt the Ravens (running AWAY from Chris Johnson on his big 40 yard catch in the playoffs, falling over his own feet in the final drive by the Steelers in week 15, etc).

I think it's time he went.

Rolle has been a real weak link on this defense for the last two seasons.

He cannot play up on his man, he always gives a 10-15 yard cushion to avoid getting beat deep, and thus he gets his ass beat over the middle. He can't tackle. He can't run. He can't hit. And he found himself turned around multiple times in big plays this year that really, really hurt the Ravens (running AWAY from Chris Johnson on his big 40 yard catch in the playoffs, falling over his own feet in the final drive by the Steelers in week 15, etc).

I think it's time he went.

Yep - the Rolle coffin nailed. Lets hope FO is on same page !

-- Samari Rolle Could Stay a Raven --

Tue Feb 24, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The Carroll County Times reports the representative for Ravens CB Samari Rolle said he hasn't heard from team officials regarding speculation that Rolle might be asked to take a pay cut from his $4.1 million 2009 salary or that he might be released. “I don't deal in hypotheticals,” agent Peter Schaffer said. “I like to deal with reality.”