ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Please Tell Me They're Not Going to Do This Again!

oldno82

It said could not would and it was 3 years ago. They put him back there last year and he survived. He's an option just in case other guys don't step up. I swear people need to relax sometimes, I still can't believe people overreact to football. This isn't a life or death situation. You want to get mad about something get mad at the nutcase who shot those innocent victims in Aurora, Colorado.

It said could not would and it was 3 years ago. They put him back there last year and he survived. He's an option just in case other guys don't step up. I swear people need to relax sometimes, I still can't believe people overreact to football. This isn't a life or death situation. You want to get mad about something get mad at the nutcase who shot those innocent victims in Aurora, Colorado.

I'd be comfortable with a part-time "just in case" scenario. I do hope this is what they do.

I'd prefer our top CB not have anything to do with the special teams.

Harbs and Co have proven they make good decisions here.

Good Lord No..You dont make our shut down CB run on the suicide team..Come on Harbs, if he gets injured on PR...

Harbs isn't making him do it Webb is choosing to do it. Webb has said that he wants to be like Deion Sanders and Ed Reed, he wants to be versatile. Patrick Peterson is wired the same way. You have to understand that a lot of CBs want to play different positions. Antonio Cromartie just said yesterday that he thinks he's the second best WR on the Jets. Ed Reed has lobbied to play on offense in the past. Webb wants to be a playmaker just like those guys so if you want to blame someone blame Webb.

Harbs can say no and he will not be on the field for returns.

Yes he can say no but people are acting like Harbs is the only coach doing this. It has been a trend for a long time. Webb and Patrick Peterson love Ed Reed and Deion Sanders and they are all wired the same way. Webb isn't exactly shying away from the return game, the man has the swagger of a playmaker. Again stop blaming Harbs and blame Webb. He could get hurt trying to cover a WR, you can't rap these guys in a bubble. I swear some of you guys who are suppose to be grown tough men act like scared mothers.

Webb might have swagger, and I like that, but if he offered to play WR then I could see that, put to be a punt returner, when the object of the other team is to seperate you from the ball at any cost, well I'd really hate to lose a CB that way.

I agree Crav. I think it's a matter of where is he most important. Does his impact as a Punt Returner outweigh the potential cost of losing him to injury? I don't think it does. He's good and all, but he's no DeShawn Jackson or Hester. Those guys I can see putting them back there as they're game changers from that position. Is Webb really a game changer as a Punt Returner? I would think not. He's good, but we can get someone else to risk the injury with similar results can't we?

Webb might have swagger, and I like that, but if he offered to play WR then I could see that, put to be a punt returner, when the object of the other team is to seperate you from the ball at any cost, well I'd really hate to lose a CB that way.

If Jacoby Jones or Asa Jackson or another young player steps up and does the job effectively then Webb isn't an option. Why don't you challenge the guys I just mentioned to do the job right.

Just heard McPhee is not out there because of a knee scope he had months ago. Sounds strange.

Harbs said he would be back by the first preseason game. Just go ahead and wave the white flag for the season, just go ahead and pick the Ravens to miss the playoffs.