ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No topics on Ray being a FA?

deeshopper

I don't think there is much new about Lewis' FA.

It seems to me the Ravens said quite a while ago that their approach would be to let him enter the market, get offers and from that they would know what it would take to keep him.

I am fairly confident that the organization has an idea how high they are willing to go to keep him, so if Lewis gets an offer above that then they don't match it.

I think the organization feels Lewis won't get an offer above what they are willing to pay him, hence the statement by Bisciotti to the effect of "We don't think another team values Ray as much as we do".

In essence, I think the Ravens feel Lewis has overvalued himself and needs a cold splash of water in the face by allowing him to go on the market and see no one is willing to pay him what he thinks he is worth. If they are wrong, then he is gone.

All the spilled ink in the meantime is pointless. This has to play out and we should know by the end of march if the Ravens judgement is correct or flawed.

Guest BallTMore

Ray doesn't officially become a free agent until the 27th, right?

I'm up in the air about Ray. I can't imagine him in another uniform, but I'm starting to get the feeling Jerry is going to make a huge offer that the Ravens won't match.

What more can be said?

The media started talking about it in October...they couldn't wait until the off season when it was relevant and there would be tons of time to kill. After a week they said it all. Problem is they didn't stop, even though there was a season going on and important games to discuss.

It's actually hilarious listening to the same repetetive banter as they try new ways to say the same thing...hilarious until you start screaming "Enough!"

Now...I think that is their plan...to beat us into submission until we are screaming for them to "talk Orioles...anything!"...do the annual "The Orioles are going to be really exciting to watch this year! They should win 70 games.(up from last years 60)"

Why would Ray leave? for money maybe but I doubt it.

Why leave the team that was one game out of a superbowl it would have one. why leave a team where you are the team/franchise. Why leave a team that could possibly get you at least an afc title if not another super bowl ring.

Ray Lewis has what another year or two max left in him? what other team would be stupid enough to give him a huge front loaded contract; the raiders and cowboys you say? Sure but why play out the remaining years of your career with teams that can't get a winning record let alone a playoff spot.

The new house for the boys, the first game and who comes out dancing getting the crowd pumped up?

Absolutely no way, Ray is not going to go into Dallas and be their leader, theres too many other Stars in Dallas. If Dallas would sign Ray, do you think he would just wal in there and be the locker room leader? I dont.

Ray will test the market next week nd when its all said and done Bisquit will have the best offer for Ray.

Why would Ray leave? for money maybe but I doubt it.

Why leave the team that was one game out of a superbowl it would have one. why leave a team where you are the team/franchise. Why leave a team that could possibly get you at least an afc title if not another super bowl ring.

Ray Lewis has what another year or two max left in him? what other team would be stupid enough to give him a huge front loaded contract; the raiders and cowboys you say? Sure but why play out the remaining years of your career with teams that can't get a winning record let alone a playoff spot.

That is exactly why Ray would leave. For the money. I would think, if we were to match any top contracts, than I would think Ray would stay. But if another team comes in and gives 2 or 3 million more over the ravens, than bye bye ray.

Not sure why people think Ray isn't about the money. He already has 2 DMVP and a superbowl ring, now its about one more big pay day.

Look what Ware is saying...Ray came to him after the Cowboy game and said he wants to wear that star on his helmit.

If true, then he's a traitor in my book....one big load of BS about his heart being in Baltimore.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm...3677404DCDD1719

I thought I headr ray say, "let shut this bitch down" at the game.

Then he went running off the field with the other Ravens.

This phone number thing is ridiculos. I thought Ray paid 1000 peoples, like an agent with another 1000 people working for him! Wtf is he doing if not taking cares of little things like that.

Now we have a top five D and a Ed Reed in his prime. I believe this is the good moment (if any), when we say goodbye to mr. Ravens, better moment than last year anyway. He migth have 2-4 years left, and he migth be injured early next season. A reasonable deal well okay, if not.. Time to move on without the reason why I became a Raven :(

I thought I headr ray say, "let shut this bitch down" at the game.

Then he went running off the field with the other Ravens.

He did say that rm52....I'm thinking clearer now...less angry.

I always wanted to be President of the United States. I guess my fellow employees shouldn't think I'm a traitor.