ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Assertive Flacco wants to attack

cravnravn

Flacco on the offensive: Teammates, coaches and beat reporters rave about Joe Flacco's training camp. Throwing the ball has never been a problem. Flacco has one of the strongest arms in football. He has won playoff games on the road. But this is clearly his best training camp in terms of focus and execution. In camp, Flacco has taken even more of a leadership role on offense. He continues to suggest to coaches he wants the offense to be more aggressive in the latter stages of games. Instead of trying to run out the clock with a running offense when the Ravens have a fourth-quarter lead, he wants them to attack more with the pass. For more than a decade, the Ravens have been constructed to win with defense and good running. Flacco wants the Ravens not to be as cautious. Because the Ravens' defense is so good, Flacco thinks the Ravens should go for the jugular. Instead of sitting on 17-3 leads that could end up being 20-17 victories, Flacco wants more offense and more points. Not a bad idea. He also suggests more passes on early downs, so the offense isn't stuck with too many tough third-down situations. From what he hears and what he sees from Flacco this summer, Harbaugh believes his quarterback will have a breakout year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/page/claytoncampravens120802/nfl-observations-baltimore-ravens-training-camp

Flacco on the offensive: Teammates, coaches and beat reporters rave about Joe Flacco's training camp. Throwing the ball has never been a problem. Flacco has one of the strongest arms in football. He has won playoff games on the road. But this is clearly his best training camp in terms of focus and execution. In camp, Flacco has taken even more of a leadership role on offense. He continues to suggest to coaches he wants the offense to be more aggressive in the latter stages of games. Instead of trying to run out the clock with a running offense when the Ravens have a fourth-quarter lead, he wants them to attack more with the pass. For more than a decade, the Ravens have been constructed to win with defense and good running. Flacco wants the Ravens not to be as cautious. Because the Ravens' defense is so good, Flacco thinks the Ravens should go for the jugular. Instead of sitting on 17-3 leads that could end up being 20-17 victories, Flacco wants more offense and more points. Not a bad idea. He also suggests more passes on early downs, so the offense isn't stuck with too many tough third-down situations. From what he hears and what he sees from Flacco this summer, Harbaugh believes his quarterback will have a breakout year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/page/claytoncampravens120802/nfl-observations-baltimore-ravens-training-camp

Joe Flacco is poised for a big year.

Breaking News: Tim Tebow scatches his nose

I just thought that might be important LOL

(Mocking ESPN's nonstop coverage of the Tebow Jets).

Dosent that make you sick?? I dont give a heck what time I flip to the NFL Channel and they are at Jets camp..I hope those bastards go 4-12

Crav man I literally get a headache as soon as I turn on ESPN or NFL Network and there's Tebow. The Jets didn't do jack last year to deserve this much attention. Skip Bayless just makes it so much worst.