ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

52's in another zone

vmax

He's incredible...

Feeling Pain

“There are no real shortcuts to working out,” Lewis said. “Every workout is new for me. I know I’ll eventually feel pain, and that’s when I know that I’m doing what I’m supposed to do. It’s not between me and my team or me and my trainer. It’s always about me against me.

“Working out is my business, but it is also my lifestyle,” Ray continued. “Anybody can go work out and sweat. That’s easy. It’s just not about your body. It’s your mind first. It’s a three-part thing: mind, body, spirit, because we are three-part beings. Before I work out, I challenge my mind: ‘We have to get ready and accept what my body is now going to do.’ My body is a possession. I can decide how good it can be. This is my temple. Right now, it’s also my business. How could I not take care of it and push it beyond what I did the last time. The point of progress is failure.”

Ray Fails In Workouts

Lewis doesn’t just challenge himself in workouts; his goal is failure. “Every one of them – I plan to fail in my workouts. If someone puts me through a nice little workout and I know I can do it, pass it, it means nothing,” Lewis explained. “I don’t know what I’m going to reach in my workouts. When I have the dumbbells in my hands, I go and keep going until I can’t do that exercise one more time. And, then I go to the next exercise. And I do that until I fail.

“I start to break apart, and there is something inside saying: ‘I’m getting to the part when I can’t do another.’ It challenges your mind and your body. There are ‘wow’ moments. You say, ‘I can’t go any farther.’ That’s the point I always want to reach. Some people don’t want to go there. I want to go there every time. With that failure to do one more comes the progress I want.”

Inspired By The Olympics

Ray Lewis watched the Dominican Republic’s Felix Sanchez win the 400 meter hurdles last week. Sanchez, who turns 35 later this month, is the oldest man to ever win an Olympic race of 400 meters or fewer. Sanchez is the runner who, after winning, took a picture of his grandmother, placed it on the track, and kissed it. His grandmother died the morning of the 400 hurdles at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Sanchez, who won gold in Athens in 2004, fell apart that day four years ago and finished 22nd out of 25.

“He was so emotional after he won,” Ray said. “He pushed himself past the point. He was running against the fastest in the world, 18 to 22 year olds. He did what everyone said he couldn’t do. You know that his workouts had to be unbelievable. I watched and then jumped off the couch and started doing abs. There are no breaks when you strive to be great. When you chase something, when you chase greatness, you embrace the pain. It becomes the lifestyle of your workouts. There’s no other way. I embrace that.

“The only way you see the ultimate goal, the ultimate high, you have to be comfortable feeling the pain. Accept that, and you’ll find the higher and then the highest level,” Ray almost exclaimed.

(Can I pause here and say that I felt privileged to sit there and listen to whom I believe is the greatest defensive player in history talk about working out?)

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/08/10/byrne-identity-pain-is-a-gift-for-ray-lewis/

Oh...after watching last night I saw another reason he dropped the weight. They are going hurry up and no huddle. More of the league will too. He's got to run and hunt and be in great cardio shape.

He's friggn'n amazing.

06-raypg-vertical.jpg

He's incredible...

Oh...after watching last night I saw another reason he dropped the weight. They are going hurry up and no huddle. More of the league will too. He's got to run and hunt and be in great cardio shape.

He's friggn'n amazing.

06-raypg-vertical.jpg

The man is incredible, as usual Ray is ahead of the game.

Here you go yeager...:)

14271.jpg “There are no real shortcuts to posting,” an ER member said. “Every post is new for me. I know I’ll eventually feel pain, and that’s when I know that I’m doing what I’m supposed to do. It’s not between me and my board members or me and some corporate dumby troll. It’s always about me against me."

“Posting is my business, but it is also my lifestyle,It’s your mind first. It’s a three-part thing like the Learning Triangle: mind, body, spirit, because we are three-part beings. Before I type a post, I challenge my mind: ‘We have to get ready and accept what my fingers now going to do.’ My fingers are a possession. I can decide how good they can be. This is my temple. The Triangle. Right now, it’s also my business. How could I not take care of it and push it beyond what I did the last time. The point of progress is failure. Dumbies don't know this.”

ER posters don't just challenge themselves posting; their goal is failure. “Every one of them – I plan to fail in posts. If someone puts me through a nice little chat and I know I can do it, pass it, it means nothing,” I don’t know what I’m going to reach at my computer. When I have the keypad under my fingers, I go and keep going until I can’t type one more dangling participle. And, then I go troll a Stealers board. And I do that until I fail.

“I start to break apart, and I hear the voices...THEM!...the Leader of the Ant Men and Destroyer of Worlds and there is something inside saying: ‘I’m getting to the part when I can’t type one more insult.’ It challenges your mind and your body. There are ‘wow’ moments. You say, ‘I can’t think of one more deragortory statement.’ That’s the point I always want to reach. Some people don’t want to go there. I want to go there every time. With that failure to do one more comes the progress I want.”

cigarette-burns-all-over-the-keyboard1.jpg

• Upvote 1