ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If I Ever, Ever Type

cravnravn

The words Hurricane Party, Pm me, call me, reply to me that Im an asshole..Im serious.

I seen the white light today, we went to the beach today at 9am fully aware that the weatherman had warned us that by 2 o'clock conditions were going to worsen do to the approaching of Hurricane Isaac.We got there at 9am, it was the peak of low tide, the water was WAY WAY OUT, it was eerie, bet it was 100 yards further out than a normal low tide..but big waves, this part of Fl normal is a foot to 2ft, these were 4 to 6 footers.about 12:30 we seen the black clouds approaching, so we took down our canopy and put it away. But then decided to hang out...Boy was that a mistake.

Meanwhile the tides were changing, high tide was at 4pm, It wasnt 1 pm when a surge of water crashed in, and kept coming up the beach, then another surge, then the sideways rains..At New Smyrna we drive on the beach, there was no beach left to drive on and they closed down the entrance we came in on, so that left us 1 exit out of the beach, Well now you have 1000 cars coming from the north and the south for one exit, which turns out to be Main St Flagler Ave with 3 traffic lights on it. As we are waiting and drifting in 10 inches of sea water there are more and more waves literally crashing on my car, we finally got out but when we looked behind us, as far as you could see were cars still on the beach, and with the rising tides and surges, I hope to hell they all get off in time caus there was no beach to speak of when we exited.

I will never doubt mother nature again.