ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 13

deeshopper

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finally starting to think we aren't a playoff team. There are problems everywhere on this team. We seem to sacrifice the pass rush with our big defensive lineman, so we shouldn't be giving up any rush yards whatsoever.

Yea, and after watching Oakland receivers go to town on the Steelers defensive backs, I am a bigger believer in ever that we need a 1st round wideout.

Let's see...

We can't run, can't pass block, can't get separation from DB's, can't complete a pass into quadruple covers

now we can't stop the run

0 points in 1st half for the Ravens Nonsense.

17 to Fucking Nothing!

5 penalties for 66! Freeking Yards!

2 turnovers!

Get this!!!>>>> 72 TOTAL YARDS OF OFFENSE!

2.2 yards per rush.

11.29 TOP.

Flacco QB rating of 24.1.

So many things wrong here and not a lot to do about it...

Still seeing nothing but 7 step drops and long, slow-developing pass patterns. Even if guys get open, Joe has no time. And because it's a 7 step drop, the pressure up the middle may not get to him, but it limits his ability to step-up. I still wonder where our 3-step drops, quick slants, etc etc are. I just don't understand. You don't need a 2-3 step lead on that. You just need half a step.

The running game is failing because the Pack realizes that, especially with our passing struggles, we've got no push up the middle. They're containing outside, forcing Rice inside, and they have enough big guys to plug holes. We need to establish an inside, power running game to keep them honest. Make them really fear what could come inside to free up Rice elsewhere. In other words, give McClain the fucking ball a few times.

And Cam needs to get his fucking head on straight. The play-calling continues to be all over the place and the MNF crew are at least calling him on it. There's no consistency, no tempo, no way to say "this is our gameplan." Part of that is certainly execution... but part of it is just wacky calls at wacky times. We aren't good enough to waste even 1 snap per series.

Defensively... disappointed in the penalties, obviously. But the offense is hardly doing anything to give these guys hope. Pass rush has looked decent at times, but just can't finish. Secondary is just so undisciplined it's sad.

The penalties, missed tackles, slips and sucky coverage are one thing... but what really bothers me is seeing our DBs and LBs arguing with each other pre-snap and sometimes right up the snap. Nobody seems to have a clue what's going on. Mattison needs to appoint a goddamn leader for the secondary and settle it. Too many know-it-alls between Landry, Webb, Fox, Carr and Walker... not enough playmakers, role-players or listeners.

17 to Fucking Nothing!

5 penalties for 66! Freeking Yards!

2 turnovers!

Get this!!!>>>> 72 TOTAL YARDS OF OFFENSE!

2.2 yards per rush.

11.29 TOP.

Flacco QB rating of 24.1.

I am very down on our coaches right now. Never been sold on Mattison though his unit at least has the injury excuse. Cam's unit looks worse every week, and I don't even know what to say about Harbaugh's inability to get these players to play with any type of desire.