ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Orioles Offseason Topic

Certainly... but there's a fine line between pitching heavy and pitching light... two years ago we were bemoaning the lack of pitching and the destruction of the "cavalry" and we had called them. This year, a mild rebound and suddenly we feel good.

I would trade 2/4 of the Arrietta, Matusz, Tillman, Britton gang... I just don't know which two. I know whichever two we trade are likely to succeed... and we'll be regretting it!

Bundy of course looks great. I don't trust Gausman though... the draft was considered weak all around to start, and the O's pulled him and no one was really high on him (or anyone). He put up fine numbers, in part because he was so old having played a full four years at college. And he shot up our prospect ranks - which were thin behind Bundy/Machado anyway. Perhaps a long-term #4 or 5... maybe.

Solid, sure. But upside was back-end of rotation. The entire draft was weak - no Dylan Bundy's, Mike Trouts, or Bryce Harper's.... that simple. We had the 4th or 6th pick, right? If there was big name, we would have been right there.

He'll be a fine player - maybe a good player, I love when these hard-working and 'solid' players turn into more. But that's not the projection. And again, his movement to the top of our prospect list is more about the lack of depth anywhere else in the system!

The O's re-sign McLouth. Great value. He is a smart player who gets onbase, plays great defense and can steal bases. Not to mention he is a fan favorite. Should be a good platoon in left field with Reimold and Trayvon Robinson. We are set there. Now we need to fill the big hole at first base. I wonder what Duquette has up his sleeve, but we could really use a big bat with a good glove at that position.

I wouldn't doubt Reynolds is "insulted." I also don't doubt that he'll get over it when the market fails to show up to pay him what he thinks he deserves. He is officially a free agent - we non-tendered him because we expected his arbitration costs to be too high - but I think we'll be talking to him. Unless we make another move, of course.