ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

dirty ed reed suspended

thesteelhurtin

The other thing in rugby I meant to add was you can't tackle above the chest. If your arm gets into the neck area or higher it's a penalty. Perhaps that wouldn't work so well but it might be worth consideration in some form. Football has the horse collar and the face mask rule but you can still tackle around the head area or above the chest as long as its not helmet to helmet.

Hines was dirty any way you slice it. Watched that guy geab a guy by the facemask yank him to the ground and catch a TD pass. Is what it is. Hines had a long productive career taking cheap shots etc. There is a reason he doesnt have many player friends. Is what it is. Reed doesnt have even close to Hines' history of questionable plays. Regardless I agree the rules need to be changed. Mandate no hits at the head like Rugby. Elite athletes can be taught to tackle differently. Im confident in theor ability to do that lol. They are elite for a reason arent they?

One more thing.....saying Hines wasnt a dirty player is like saying Goose didnt questionably lay on and hit QBs lol. Ask Gannon. Hines was routinely voted one of the dirtiest players in NFL. So was Goose. Doesnt make me like Goose any less.