ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tucker is flat out cool

vmax

He has to make a 47 yard FG in minus 3 degree weather, in the biggest game of his life..with a hostile crowd.....a game where his team mates spent everything they had to get him in position to kick.... and dig what he says about it...

Tucker was making them from 67 yards in pre-game warmups and was practicing during the break between overtime periods.

"I always feel good when I go out on the field," he said. " Not many people get to do this. This is a heck of a lot of fun."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20130112_BAL@DEN/ravens-edge-broncos-in-2ot-on-tuckers-47yard-field-goal

Ravens_Broncos_Football_124538_team.jpg

Did anyone else wonder why Tucker's kickoffs were short in this game? He kick's his fair share of kickoffs out of the endzone on a regular field so I would assume with Denver's thin air he would have had a lot more unreturnable kicks. I guess the cold neutralized the thin air?

Did anyone else wonder why Tucker's kickoffs were short in this game? He kick's his fair share of kickoffs out of the endzone on a regular field so I would assume with Denver's thin air he would have had a lot more unreturnable kicks. I guess the cold neutralized the thin air?

U ever kicked a brick? that ball is rock solid in the cold. Whats worse is catching it, those laces can cut your fingers.

I loved the gamesmanship Tucker showed coming out on the field and kicker a practice FG with the trainer at the end of the first OT. He kicked it right in front of the vet Champ Bailey, who was not happy and complained to the ref. The ref then told Tuck he wasn't allowed to do that and Tuck shrugged him off. After the game Michael Perriera confirmed kickers are not allowed to do that but it is not a penalty. I am sure there will be a new "J-Tuck" rule for kickers after that. I love it! This rookie has ice in his veins!