ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pats or Texans?

deeshopper

I actually think we match up very well with the Pats - as always. Sure, their offense is stellar, but we always seem to give Brady fits and turn them into a pass-only team (not that they aren't usually). Meanwhile, our offense seems to have their D's number... Rice runs well on them, Smith and Boldin have good days... add in Jacoby on special teams and Tucker kicking... I just think we have a host everytime we play them.

While the Texans stumbled late in the season, if they win today, I wouldn't exactly like to play them on a two game winning streak... and I never like the idea of seeing Arian Foster and Andre Johnson on the other side. Two guys I feel can shred us anytime they like. And then you add in their D, which has a bad habit of sacking Joe frequently.

But the way our revamped OL has been playing, I have some faith, Birk struggled with a frequently rotating OL, Yanda being hurt, an aging Bobbie Williams to his left, etc etc... the line now is working well, Birk seems confident in his calls with the group around him. I think that makes a huge difference.

I will be rooting for San Fran in the NFC so that if we lose I can watch the Superbowl in hope that the Cheatriots still can't win the big one after being caught cheating. I can't stand the Falcons either but that is more to do with how Matt Ryan is perceived as being such a great QB yet he chokes in the playoffs and was doing it again against the Seahawks and in the end got away with one.

A Harbowl sure would be a tasty encounter if we can get past the Pats.

Well, I wanted the Texans. I am not at all confident about the Ravens against the Patriots at home. And if the Ravens lose, I could at least have rooted for Houston; I can't root for the Patriots.

Now that Ayanbedejo has opened his big fat twitter mouth, maybe the Texans would've been a better choice.