ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

DVR---Stinks

cravnravn

2 hrs prior to kickoff I was having problems with the TV, couldnt change the channel, get on the phone with direct, went thru their BS, restarting the box, reprogramming the remote bla bla..Nothing couldnt change the channel by remote or by manually..

Direct TV says its the box, I tell them I dont care how you do it but you need to set my channel to CBS from outer space..

They tell me they will send a new box and I would have to hook it up...Fine..I hang up, then say hOLY SHIT replacing the box, means new DVR, what the hell about all the Ravens games, concerts, I have saved..They said nothing can be done...

This stinks, Im going to miss my 2hr Kenny Chesney concert I had saved from 3 years ago, and the Ravens-9ers game from Thanksgiving night in 2011, where both teams were miked up..

We changed to Verizon when we moved (from Comcast). I can control the DVR from online - not sure if that means the shows are somehow backed up, but for some reason I think they might be...

They aren't. I'm interested in upgrading to Verizon's higher capcity DVR, but I would lose all that I have recorded.

They aren't. I'm interested in upgrading to Verizon's higher capcity DVR, but I would lose all that I have recorded.

I just had to do that just yesterday. I signed up for NHL Center Ice and they told me to get it all I needed a new cable box. After some research it seems they were transmitting some of the games in HD but in a new Mpeg 4. It looks the same to me, but the older box couldnt decode the new signal. People that get the NBA or MLB package have to do the same thing. So on one hand more HD is good, but I had to swap boxes and lost my recordings.

The good news was the switch is free, I got the boxes mailed to me and it took 15 minutes to set up. The new boxes are 500gb instead of 160gb. While you lose what you have recorded you can import your series to record so you don't have to set them up again. The menu is in HD and has a bit more information.

Also it sounds like you can expand the new boxes DVR by hooking up an external eSATA hard drive, but I dont know how that works yet.

dc, I Have to have Direct TV to keep up with the Ravens, and O's, as a matter of fact wait til the Mrs finds out that Im ordering an additional sports package so I get MASN & Concast full time...One thing that irked me was watching those Rays homers call a baseball game.

I wish they would do some kind of external hard drive so I could have saved those programs

Edited by cravnravn

dc, I Have to have Direct TV to keep up with the Ravens, and O's, as a matter of fact wait til the Mrs finds out that Im ordering an additional sports package so I get MASN & Concast full time...One thing that irked me was watching those Rays homers call a baseball game.

I wish they would do some kind of external hard drive so I could have saved those programs

MASN GILL full time

I have DirectTV and my Receiver is acting up too. It keeps overheating and shutting down. We stalled for months because we didn't want to lose stuff on the DVR but I just ordered a new one....no way i'm chancing having an issue during the SB.

Smart man!