ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jared Allan-legend in his own mind

dapetes

Not this week, as show regular Jared Allen tore into Baltimore Ravens tackle Michael Oher after the rookie criticized the Vikings DE following Sunday's game in Minnesota.

After holding the sack-happy Allen to just one sack Sunday, Oher told the Baltimore Sun that "There is nothing really special about him ... I think he found out I'm an OK player. Guy makes like $100 million. I think I did all right."

On his Monday show, Allen shared his response with Glazer. "Well, that's just some idiot trying to talk himself up," Allen said. "I beat that dude like a red-headed step child, let's be honest. If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day? Ask him that.

"That's just a rookie trying to build his self-confidence up. Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter. That guy (Oher) will watch film today and realize. Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him."

Michael Oher pretty much owned Allen yesterday. I was impressed with Oher

Not to mention that the Ravens big running plays went to Allen's side. Thats what happens when all you do is try to get up field after the QB on every snap. I would love to have Allen on the Ravens but too many times he got caught out and Oher was excellent for a rookie against Allen.

You guys can hate on Allen all you want, but I saw him dominating out there. Oher was not blocking him alone, we had tight-ends and running backs chipping Allen all day. Everyone is calling Allen an ass-hole, but don't you want you big, gritty guys up front to be an ass-hole? I would take Allen on this team in a second, his numbers speak for themselves. Nevertheless, I thought Oher settled down in the second half and did a solid job.