ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco's Agent Laughs @ Ravens

vmax

Joe played great in the playoffs, but he wasn't god-like. The Denver game-winner was 100% luck and Boldin saved his ass when he threw into coverage a few times. I like Joe, but he just isn't worth what we are paying. Anyone who tries to claim he is worth that much is just being a homer in my honest opinion.

Here's where I'm coming from colin...

Any team that wins a Super Bowl has a few plays during the season and the playoffs that help them advance that fans call 'lucky' or 'a fluke'. The truth is they made the play to advance and the other team didn't. These kinds of plays are rare so the tendency is to call them lucky. In reality it's just a football play that the opponent failed to defend.

In the Denver game it was desperation time. Some rarely seen completed play had to happen or it was over for the Ravens. The line protected Joe, he bought time by stepping up and heaved the ball downfield. The throw was good enough that Jones was able to catch it and score. Jones was able to do this because the Broncos failed to properly defend him and let him get behind the secondary. When that happens in the NFL with a good QB it usually results in a score.

What happened in Denver then becomes what always happens when a receiver gets behind the secondary. Touchdown!

A normal NFL event given the conditions.

The Ravens were not lucky to get to and win the Super Bowl. They played against the best that the NFL had to throw at them. It was an Epic playoff run.

I agree Flacco is not worth the money but given the circumstances, I want Joe and if that is what it costs in todays NFL, then so be it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/29/flaccos-comments-could-fuel-a-run-at-lintas-ravens-clients/

Agent Joe Linta says the Ravens were dumb for not signing quarterback Joe Flacco last August. Flacco has since said he “obviously” disagrees with Linta.

Flacco’s words “obviously” will be used by other agents against Linta.

It’s against the rules for rival agents to target players who currently have agents. But it happens all the time. As to Linta and his comments about the Ravens, some in league circles believe other agents will prey on Linta’s Baltimore clients, arguing that the relationship between Linta and the Ravens is irreparably broken.

The failure (to date) of the Ravens to publicly declare that they have no problem with Linta’s comments will fuel any such effort, as will the decision of the team’s website to post Flacco’s comments — and to push the idea that private disagreements shouldn’t be made public.

It’s wrong for any other agent to try to convert Linta’s clients. But Linta would be dumb not to make sure his relationship with his other Ravens clients is as strong as it can be.

Yeah he did it when Cam was gone and Caldwell was in charge. What happens whne Caldwell is HC somewhere else.

I don't know....the Ravens tank and go 4 and 12?

I'll worry about that when it happens.

Joe played great in the playoffs, but he wasn't god-like. The Denver game-winner was 100% luck and Boldin saved his ass when he threw into coverage a few times. I like Joe, but he just isn't worth what we are paying. Anyone who tries to claim he is worth that much is just being a homer in my honest opinion.

How can you say that? Denver made 2 mistakes, underestimating Joes arm strength and underestimating Jones speed that everytime will lead to 6points. If any team had the horsehoe up the keister that day it was Denver. The odds at returning a kick for a TD is 1 in 259 kicks or punts, they returned 2 that day that kept them in the ballgame.

What we witnessed thru the playoffs was an OC having 100% confidence in Joe and an OC that knew what he had with o-line personnel and wasnt afraid to use that personnel.

One can only hope that Grad, steps in and is just as good or better than Birk, if he is, theres no reason we wont be back in the playoffs.

I don't know. Cam couldn't ruin him so he should be alright.

He certainly hindered him. So would Mike Phelps be a world record holder if he had a 10 lbs anchor attached to him? I am sure he would still be really good with the hinderence but not the best.

Caldwell has been great but he's not the only good coach who can be a good coordinator.

I agree. But Harbs was forced into making Caldwell the OC. When he has to choose a new one will he make the right call? I tend to doubt that.

He certainly hindered him. So would Mike Phelps be a world record holder if he had a 10 lbs anchor attached to him? I am sure he would still be really good with the hinderence but not the best.

I agree. But Harbs was forced into making Caldwell the OC. When he has to choose a new one will he make the right call? I tend to doubt that.

Just so long as it not another former Eagle coach... :nono:

Just so long as it not another former Eagle coach... :nono:

Actually there are few Eagles coaches on the Ravens. None in key positions. John reaches back to his collegiate roots and gets guys from there.....also from networking with his Dad and brother. They've been pretty damn good. Good enough to take an injury decimated team to the Super Bowl.

You have to have assistants who you will feel comfortable with through the extremely long coaching grind of an NFL season.

Actually there are few Eagles coaches on the Ravens. None in key positions. John reaches back to his collegiate roots and gets guys from there.....also from networking with his Dad and brother. They've been pretty damn good. Good enough to take an injury decimated team to the Super Bowl.

You have to have assistants who you will feel comfortable with through the extremely long coaching grind of an NFL season.

I thought he had several but I could be mistaken. It's true you've got to have guys that are good---and who respect you.

It would be great if somehow we could make an offer to Caldwell that he couldn't turn down like we did with Da Costa.

Former Eagles Coaches with the Ravens:

Juan Castillo - Run Game Coordinator (With the Eagles 1995-2012)

Bob Rogucki - Strength & Conditioning Coach (With the Eagles 2006-2007)

These are the only 2 from the Eagles. John seems to bring in more coaches he worked with in his college days at Cincinnati and Indiana.