ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Post Game Thoughts.

vmax

Here's a few from a ton...

Total team win: Offense, Defense and Specialt Teams. Today all units were disciplined and executed.

Clasic matchup Mason on Bailey with Derrick getting a half step on him and a TD on a perfectly thrown pass from Flacco. It has to be like that to score on Bailey.

Foxworth had a good game. Washington too.

Great return by Webb for a TD. I was sure he would be caught but he chose the right angle for the pylon and barely won the foot race. We'll be seeing more from this Raven.

Joe Flacco was off in the 1st quarter but he certainly finished very strong...14 for 14 down the stretch. The sacks were coverage sacks.

The whole O line was a joy to watch against a very good defensive front. Many looks and blitzs but the line carried out their assignments. The Run blocking could be better but there were a lot of 8 man fronts and at times 9 man once the ball was snapped.

Statement Game! The Ravens defeated an unbeaten team with all the pretty stats. Loved how they pummeled a team in the second half,,,a team that only gave up 10 second half points all year.

For one day...The D is Back! Mattison selectively rotated players in and out...Webb, Carr, Ellerbe,...Bannon and Edwards played very strong...especially Edwards. He's the real deal guys...the future.

"You just made me poop my pants."

50219742.jpg

With about 9 minutes to go the D was on the field and it was second down...the crowd wasn't in loud noise mode. Harbaugh was flashed up on the big screen waving his arms for the crowd to get up and yell. LOL...it took only an instant and the whole stadium was up screaming...it's was like we went "Yes Coach! Sorry we're slacking!" It's like we jumped right up when he said "Jump." :)

Kelly Washington...what can you say? What a great addition.

50221066.jpg

That was a total Blow Job Call...

50219980.jpg

Ray Rice...amazing dude. On one play the O line on the left side formed a wall and was road grading the Bronco line back...problem is it was a wall of Ravens flesh and Rice had no hole to run through...so he pushed his way through between Gaither and somebody elses legs! He was that low to the ground...he squeezed through and splurted out for an 8 yards gain where nothing was there. Only back I've ever seen who can run 3 inches off the ground.

50220907.jpg

Edited by vmax

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Guest BallTMore

Completely agree that this was a complete team today.

J.J. set the tone with his sack. The crowd was already pumped, that sack took the noise to another level in a matter of seconds. Webb set the tone for the second half.

This is the Ravens defense we're used to seeing. The pressure was there all game. However, I won't get my hopes too high because Orton isn't really known for stretching the field. Carson Palmer will challenge our secondary next week, that will give us a real indication on where this defense stands after the bye. If we can get pressure on Palmer next week I like our chances.

Fox and Fabian played psychical. Webb is a thumper. He's going to be a good one real soon.

Ellerbie still impresses me. Sure tackler, great going down-hill, he's going to be really good once he learns to play in coverage.

I was also glad to see Houschka shake off the miss last week and make 3 FGs today.

Funny moments of the game:

Ray Rice was shown on the big screen during a timeout. Caught him off-guard. He looked up and his eyes almost popped out of his head once he realized the cameras were on him.

Flacco was put on the big-screen a few minutes later while sitting on the bench. Everyone cheered. Joe looked up and noticed he was on the screen and mouthed the words: "Oh shit" before busting out laughing! Great moment! lfg4.gif

Yea I saw that BallT! :D

Hey! The 3 and out is back! Get off the field, give the O the ball and take a rest.

Time of Possesion: Denver 26:23. Ravens 33:37.

Clayton may be short but damn he can jump!

50221076.jpg

I don't think Champ was the corner on the TD either. We were pretty much picking on Goodman the whole day.

I loved the play of the rookies Ellerbe and Webb today! Ellerbe saw the majority of the time at ILB next to Ray, and he stepped up! I think we have our new Bart Scott. Webb, he is just a playmaker that is not scared to get his hands dirty in the run game.

Webb's tackling late in the game was very impressive. If he can refine his coverage over the next couple years we have an Antoine Winfield in the making.

I'm not ready to proclaim Ellerbe as anything yet, he's around the ball often, but he stands out when hes on the field mostly because we don't expect to see him playing at this point.

Yea...it was Goodman on Mason....I was in the opposite endzone and couldn't see the numbers. What was amazing on that play besides the perfect throw was Joe had readf it before the snap and had his mind made up that was the play to make and coverage to beat.

He's really maturing fast.

50221086.jpg

I'm not ready to proclaim Ellerbe as anything yet, he's around the ball often, but he stands out when hes on the field mostly because we don't expect to see him playing at this point.

agreed. Ellerbe is no bart scott. He is slow, looks confused at times, and against N.E. couldnt make tackle to save his life. If ray werent next to him he'd be a huge liability.

agreed. Ellerbe is no bart scott. He is slow, looks confused at times, and against N.E. couldnt make tackle to save his life. If ray werent next to him he'd be a huge liability.

Were we watching the same guy? Ellerbe has plus speed for his position (runs in the 4.6 range) and was all over the field making plays. Most importantly, he was actually filling and taking on guards and fullbacks, something Gooden and McClain do not do. The New England game was Ellerbe's best game. Read your own post: "If ray werent next to him he'd be a huge liability." Well, Gooden and McClain play next to Ray and ARE huge liabilities. You can't play the if game. Are you sure you were not confusing him with Gooden? Who has been horrible this season.