ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Report: Lardarius Webb has made “significant progress” in ACL rehab

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/15/report-lardarius-webb-has-made-significant-progress-in-acl-rehab/

The Ravens won the Super Bowl last season despite the loss of cornerback Lardarius Webb to a torn ACL early in the regular season.

While things went well, they’d like to defend their title with Webb as part of the effort on the field. Early this month, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said that the team expects Webb will be ready to go when the Ravens start training camp and there’s another positive report from Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun about Webb’s recovery.

Wilson spoke to a source who reports that Webb has made “significant progress” in his rehabilitation and that he remains ahead of schedule for a return to full health. All of which sounds good until the report moves on to say that Webb “hasn’t been ruled out” for the first game of the regular season.

That seems like a less optimistic outlook than the one Harbaugh laid down, as you wouldn’t expect there to be any doubt about Webb’s status for Week One if he’s on the field when camp gets underway. Whether that’s just different ways of conveying information or if the Ravens have dialed back their expectations is something we won’t be able to know until we know who is on the practice field this summer.

Thankfully, we’re pretty close to that date and moving ever closer to that first week of the season and the full blast return of what we’ve been missing since the last time the Ravens were in a game.

Whether that’s just different ways of conveying information or if the Ravens have dialed back their expectations is something we won’t be able to know until we know who is on the practice field this summer.

They wouldn't know. PFT gets all their information 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hand.

It is Aaron wilson's article. The man is the best informed Ravens guy in the area.

True...but it's Aaron Wilsons article via PFT. They just rewrite it...like us! :thumbup:

They don't have any inside information.

Webb is a fantastic CB, but the CB position is much, much harder on the knees than the FS position is. He is recovering from his 2nd ACL tear (with each knee being the owner of one). Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I just feel like a 3rd one is simply a matter of time as long as he is playing CB.

Webb is a fantastic CB, but the CB position is much, much harder on the knees than the FS position is. He is recovering from his 2nd ACL tear (with each knee being the owner of one). Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I just feel like a 3rd one is simply a matter of time as long as he is playing CB.

I agree with you Money. Two ACL tears may be systematic of more to come. Safety is a position where you don't have to cut as much as corner. Hopefully, Webb's accident's were just bad luck.

I agree with you Money. Two ACL tears may be systematic of more to come. Safety is a position where you don't have to cut as much as corner. Hopefully, Webb's accident's were just bad luck.

Exactly. Everything is usually in front of you as a FS. Webb is a playmaker pure and simple. He would be an outstanding replacement for Reed. I would have rolled with Graham and Smith at the corner positions. Corners have always come and go with the Ravens, but Reed has always been the stabilizing force in the defensive backfield. Webb can have that kind of effect for years to come as a Raven.

Here's the highlight of his injury last year. He hardly does anything. I will be holding my breath on every defensive play this year. We need him on the field for the entire season this year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000080313/Lardarius-Webb-injured

He's ready....

Ready or not here I come!!!” Webb tweeted yesterday afternoon, dubbing himself the “Comeback Kid.”

Webb also posted an Instagram video of himself at the beach talking about his final break before training camp, confidently declaring, “Yeah, I’m ready.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-716-Lardarius-Webb-Ready-Or-Not-Here-I-Come/87e12139-baab-4c79-8f82-09958279b3a3

webb.jpg

I look at it like Jamal. He must have had genetically weak acl's. Once done they may never be an issue again.