ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Impact of loss of Pita and Boldin

vmax

Losing Boldin was sad but not the end of the world.

Losing Pitta was sad but not the end of the world.

However, losing Pitta and Boldin together is going to be tough as we have underperformers or unknowns to replace them. We lost a huge piece of the offense when Boldin was traded and now Pitta has been injured.

I had to believe that Pitta would have took some of the production left behind by Boldin and hopefully 1 of the young WRs like Thompson or Doss could develop and fill the rest of the void.

Now we have to have Dickson step up big time to fill Pitta's role and 1 of the young WRs is going to have to really develop into a capable starter. Otherwise teams will just double cover Torrey and Ray all day long and Joe will have nowhere to go with the ball.

That said, Dickson started to make strides at the end of last season and in the playoffs. He had a couple of big catches in the Superbowl. I could see him having a monster season which means we would just need 1 of the young WRs to develop into a legit starting NFL WR.

What happens when Dickson has a monster season and leaves for big money in FA and we are left trying to negotiate a deal with Pitta coming off his injury? TE is likely going to be a big need next offseason, but I guess we will worry about that in a years time.

This is somewhat off topic but word is Flacco and his wife had dinner with pitta and his wife and Flacco advised pitta not to sign this year, Flacco told Pitta that he would make sure he had a monster year, i think this is why flacco took the pitta injury really hard, not only is pitta one of his best friends but now in hindsight he gave him horrible advice.

This is somewhat off topic but word is Flacco and his wife had dinner with pitta and his wife and Flacco advised pitta not to sign this year, Flacco told Pitta that he would make sure he had a monster year, i think this is why flacco took the pitta injury really hard, not only is pitta one of his best friends but now in hindsight he gave him horrible advice.

Wow. Can you provide the link for us?

Hickup, burp, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?????

SB MVP Flacco......All yr loooooooooong.....REPEAT !!!!

No matter what Pitta has lost a ton of cash. His market value is way down until he can prove he is back. I wonder if he would be willing to sign a 1 yr deal to show he still has it.

No matter what Pitta has lost a ton of cash. His market value is way down until he can prove he is back. I wonder if he would be willing to sign a 1 yr deal to show he still has it.

I almost think thats what he is going to have to do.

Wow. Can you provide the link for us?

Money i don't have a link, but what i will say is that i'm related to the owner of a restaurant/carry-out near the ravens facility that alot of the players frequent and my relative over heard a convo between a few of the players. and no i'm not naming the players. but they were saying that they were somewhat upset about Flacco promising Pitta a monster year, as if he was going to put pitta's personal success ahead of the teams.

Money i don't have a link, but what i will say is that i'm related to the owner of a restaurant/carry-out near the ravens facility that alot of the players frequent and my relative over heard a convo between a few of the players. and no i'm not naming the players. but they were saying that they were somewhat upset about Flacco promising Pitta a monster year, as if he was going to put pitta's personal success ahead of the teams.

1323129813362.jpg

And who were those players, Pollard and Q.....And what restroom, I mean restaurant was that ?.....the Backyard Grill..

Yea Joe, who has very little to say about anything is gonna promise his buddy that he will guarantee him a record season and big pay day.....

What you are forgetting is that these guys actually know the games frailties , and that any player is but one bad break from a lost season and maybe career, unlike a giddy fan......

They know they can't guarantee anything but to give it their best effort, that's all....

Your story just don't wash, dude.....Give it up, Joe is elite, our franchise qb, handsomely paid millions of dollars and all he does is keep winning......

Joe Flacco.....SB MVP....All Yr Loooooooooooong......REPEAT !!!!

If that was the case then Pitta is a very gullible man, in this sport, in this day and age you dont go on other players promises. Its too dangerous of a sport, as we can all atest to, Players are dropping without even contact.

Joe is very lucky, he rolled the dice and got a 7, Pitta shot snake eyes.

And who were those players, Pollard and Q.....And what restroom, I mean restaurant was that ?.....the Backyard Grill..

Yea Joe, who has very little to say about anything is gonna promise his buddy that he will guarantee him a record season and big pay day.....

What you are forgetting is that these guys actually know the games frailties , and that any player is but one bad break from a lost season and maybe career, unlike a giddy fan......

They know they can't guarantee anything but to give it their best effort, that's all....

Your story just don't wash, dude.....Give it up, Joe is elite, our franchise qb, handsomely paid millions of dollars and all he does is keep winning......

Joe Flacco.....SB MVP....All Yr Loooooooooooong......REPEAT !!!!

Joe is elite, a superbowl MVP and he is going to lead us to another one this year! All i'm telling you guys is what my relative told me, i didn't say whether pitta took Joe's promises seriously or not, i don't know that, but my relative has built relationships with ravens players through the years and everything that he has told me in the past has turned out to be true, I'm not bashing Joe, but why is it so out of the question for joe to tell Pitta, his best friend on the team, that he is going to make sure he has a big year so he can get the big bucks?

If that was the case then Pitta is a very gullible man, in this sport, in this day and age you dont go on other players promises. Its too dangerous of a sport, as we can all atest to, Players are dropping without even contact.

Joe is very lucky, he rolled the dice and got a 7, Pitta shot snake eyes.

Yeah the FO telling John to fire Cam just at the right time to allow Joe to go an a major run.

Joe is elite, a superbowl MVP and he is going to lead us to another one this year! All i'm telling you guys is what my relative told me, i didn't say whether pitta took Joe's promises seriously or not, i don't know that, but my relative has built relationships with ravens players through the years and everything that he has told me in the past has turned out to be true, I'm not bashing Joe, but why is it so out of the question for joe to tell Pitta, his best friend on the team, that he is going to make sure he has a big year so he can get the big bucks?

1. It's totally out of Joe's character to speak out on something he has no control over.

2. Joe does not run the offense, he performs it.

3. Joe has to throw to the open guy in each designed play.

So do you think Joe can go to Caldy and demand all plays to end in any one players hands, and EVEN MORE FAR FETCHED, Caldy do it and jeopardize the whole season just to satisfy one player.......Stop being ridiculous ......

4. Totally absurd.....

Gooooo Ravens......REPEAT

1. It's totally out of Joe's character to speak out on something he has no control over.

2. Joe does not run the offense, he performs it.

3. Joe has to throw to the open guy in each designed play.

So do you think Joe can go to Caldy and demand all plays to end in any one players hands, and EVEN MORE FAR FETCHED, Caldy do it and jeopardize the whole season just to satisfy one player.......Stop being ridiculous ......

4. Totally absurd.....

Gooooo Ravens......REPEAT

Ok oldschool, all of your reason are bogus and you know it, So Joe has no control over where he throws the ball? LOL , Joe doesn't run the offense another LOL, I've seen joe on plenty occasions throw the ball to guys that are covered, so he doesn't have to throw the ball to the open guy? Joe calls audibles now, I'm beginning to think most of you guys know nothing about football, or soon as someone brings up Flacco or pitta and they aren't showering them with praises you guys lose all logic, reasoning and sensibility. one of the biggest parts of being a QB is decision making, but Oldschool is under the impression that joe doesn't control where the ball goes. lol

Ok oldschool, all of your reason are bogus and you know it, So Joe has no control over where he throws the ball? LOL , Joe doesn't run the offense another LOL, I've seen joe on plenty occasions throw the ball to guys that are covered, so he doesn't have to throw the ball to the open guy? Joe calls audibles now, I'm beginning to think most of you guys know nothing about football, or soon as someone brings up Flacco or pitta and they aren't showering them with praises you guys lose all logic, reasoning and sensibility. one of the biggest parts of being a QB is decision making, but Oldschool is under the impression that joe doesn't control where the ball goes. lol

Yeah...you bring up this ridiculous conspiracy theory where Flacco's main agenda this year is to get Pitta a huge contract and secondary agenda is the success of the team and we are the ones who lose all logic, reasoning and sensibility???

ace-ventura-alrighty-then-GMuo4V.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying anyone is making anything up but I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere about Pitta turning down a contract extension. I think the FO was quite happy to have Pitta and Dickson play on their RFA tenders and then sort out new contracts after the season.

It looks like a great decision on their part now as they are going to see exactly how much Dickson is worth and they will have more leverage in any deal with Pitta whether that be a 1 or 2 year deal to make him prove he is over his injury or a cheaper long term deal than had he remained healthy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

AAAAWWWWW, you guys are so in love, and when you're in love you just don't see and think straight , i understand. It's ridiculous huh, like i said just because you say it , that doesn't make it so. i'm done with it anyway , you can believe or not, i was just sharing some info.

I'm not saying anyone is making anything up but I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere about Pitta turning down a contract extension. I think the FO was quite happy to have Pitta and Dickson play on their RFA tenders and then sort out new contracts after the season.

It looks like a great decision on their part now as they are going to see exactly how much Dickson is worth and they will have more leverage in any deal with Pitta whether that be a 1 or 2 year deal to make him prove he is over his injury or a cheaper long term deal than had he remained healthy.

I agree. It's the same with Arthur Jones. It will probably be different with Torrey Smith next year. I'm guessing they won't want him on the market.