ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wow, Suggs on Josh Bynes

oldno82

"For the first time in 17 years, the Ravens are looking for a new starting middle linebacker.

A handful of players are vying for the two open inside linebacker spots during training camp, but it’s clear where defensive leader Terrell Suggsicon-article-link.gif stands on the matter.

“Ravens Nation make sure ya’ll follow our new starting Mike linebacker [Josh Bynesicon-article-link.gif] @bynestime56,” Suggs wrote on Twitter last week. “This kid is the truth!!!!!!”

Suggs has a knack for pointing out up-and-coming talent. He was driving the Joe Flaccoicon-article-link.gifbandwagon long before the Super Bowl MVP and $120 million contract, and he started singingDennis Pittaicon-article-link.gif’s praises before the tight end’s breakout 2012 season.

Now he’s pointing to Bynes as the Ravens’ next man in the middle."

High praise indeed. Read more here:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Terrell-Suggs-Endorses-Josh-Bynes-As-Starting-MLB-/cbdc7cb3-5db3-4fd2-9964-243370465f31

Not a shock to me, i was very impressed with his play last year, he was a tackling machine, and i'm surprised more of my fellow ravens fans haven't been singing him praises. he had the mic in his helmet calling the plays last year when he started and did a damn good job, he my perfect world Bynes and Brown start in the middle with solid veteran backups Smith and Mcclelan(sp) as back ups. Might as well let these youngsters hit the ground running.

I thought he did a good job filling in last yr, but he did not look better than McClain did before he got injured, and remember Ellerbe was behind Mac and Bynes was behind him.

Brown will own that job at some point this season, maybe even the start....In my opinion ..

REPEAT !!!!

Are we shocked by this?

Ravens have always been Linebacker U

Another dam jersey Im going to have to buy.

I'd save it for an Arthur Brown jersey if I were you Crav, he's gonna be the man in the middle....Book it Dan-o...

SB Champs.....All Yr Looooooooooong......REPEAT !!!!

I thought he did a good job filling in last yr, but he did not look better than McClain did before he got injured, and remember Ellerbe was behind Mac and Bynes was behind him.

Brown will own that job at some point this season, maybe even the start....In my opinion ..

REPEAT !!!!

Ok lets start Mcclain then, oh wait, we can't he's injured.

Ok lets start Mcclain then, oh wait, we can't he's injured.

Read real slow now and try to comprehend, I said "before he got injured"......Did you get that this time or should I draw a picture for you ?

If Mac is healthy, Bynes won't start.....And Brown may beat him out anyway, but you can be sure that we didn't get a talent like him, to just stock the shelves with...

And if you remember, Suggs wanted a Troy Smith package installed in the offense, how'd that work out ???

Gooooo.....Ravens.....REPEAT !!!!

Then you don't respect his opinion on Joe as an elite qb then ?

My son twitters with Suggs quite a bit, and I can tell you that although he is a near great player on the field, he is a bit flakey otherwise.....

And fortunately for us and the team, the coaches make the decisions who starts, not the players or the fans....

REPEAT !!!!

well i can see for myself that joe is an elite QB, because Joe plays every game all game. i don't need someone on the teams opinion. i guess suggs saw something in him during practice that made him say that, we had not seen Troy smith on the field so i couldn't have an opinion on him one way or the other.

Brown will absolutely be a starter. With the DL eating up blockers this year, Brown's speed to the ball will enable him to put up monster numbers. He has to be the front runner for AFC rookie defensive player of the year.

The other spot will come down to a D. Smith / Bynes competition. I like Smith's veteran leadership and if he is in good form, I think he wins the spot. I love have two outstanding backups in Bynes and McClellan. A lot of people are worried about this position with the Ravens, but I'm not one of them.

I just don't see McClain ever playing again.

Yea but he cheated, he took 9 hrs to look it up, .....lol

Ravens......REPEAT !!!!

Not really I was asleep most of that time since max's original post. But I do remember the play so clearly. I also think if Bynes hadn't made the tackle then there was a little bit of room for Tedd Ginn Jr to make a play down the side line.

64351-eight.jpg

Not really I was asleep most of that time since max's original post. But I do remember the play so clearly. I also think if Bynes hadn't made the tackle then there was a little bit of room for Tedd Ginn Jr to make a play down the side line.

64351-eight.jpg

I'm just funnin' you RM, I was so hyped when I saw Ginn go down, it coulda been Granny Clampett making that tackle and I wouldn't have noticed....lol

SB Champs.....All yr looooooong.....REPEAT !!!!