ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Talent, Character & Chemistry

varaven45

Where has it gone ? Did this team lose it over offseason ?

Maybe this team has completely lost it

Meanwhile, the talent (especailly on D) is looking old, fearful and disinterested.

Ray is shoulder/head tackling and getting dragged 3-4 yards by running backs. Even Ray's biggest ESPN supporters (Sapp and Irvin) say his game skills are waning and his true team value is as a coach/leader.

Ed Reed is now a liability in the secondary. He tackles the football and the opponents head and is whiffing on tackles.

We have no pass rush and there are no immediate solutions.

This Defense may need a big overhaul in the offseason including at:

Cornerback

Safety

Linebacker B

Defensive Lineman

The D line is crucial, you can hide not so good CB's behind a D-Line that gets pressure on the QB, we had 1 sack yesterday, Palmer on the first 3 drives had tons of time to literally pick us apart, which he did.

I dont think any of our misfits at CB, would even make another NFL Teams roster..Cris Carr, thats as bad a pickup as drafting Boller and TD Taylor.

People need to realize that without pressure on the QB the DB's have no shot, and we got absolutely no pressure on Palmer yesterday. The only sack I remember was a coverage sack where Palmer held the ball for probably 7 seconds. What we really need is Suggs to start playing like he's getting paid and for Mattison to start dialing up some better blitzes.

When the burden is placed on the cornerbacks, the Ravens have a hard time responding. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals QB Carson Palmer was 8-for-8 for 100 yards when the Ravens loaded the box with extra defenders. When the box is loaded, a defense has to use more man coverage. That's where the Ravens don't match up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall09/week9

You can't fix this overnight unless you are lucky to pick up a #1 corner in the off season.

Guest BallTMore
It would not surprise me if this is Ed Reed's last season. Ed is one of those types of players that is not going to play if he cannot be at his best. Unfortunately, it looks like his neck is just not allowing him to tackle as he wants to.

I would be shocked if he retired. Ed has had a few good hits this season which leads me to believe his neck injury is week-to-week. Last week against Dever he lowered his head and made some very good tackles, he's done that in other games as well this season, but he's also had games like yesterday. All arm-tackling.

We can't let this man retire without a ring. It would be a damn shame!

The Ravens wasted to many years on Boller and Billick. The players that were in their prime during those dark times will unfortunatly not get a super bowl appearance much less a ring. Ozzie should shoulder the blame for this. Biscotti may let ozzie walk after this year. Steves been quiet up until now and I think fireworks may go off any time now.