ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

My thoughts

thesteelhurtin

Ok this clearly is not the Steelers year. The oline is a joke and Adams sucks as a LT but tomlin won't flip him and Gilbert back. The coaches are bad or stale. I question tomlins game management and his control on the lockerroom. I'm not calling for him to be fired yet and he won't be not after this year anyways. Now let's move onto the other coaches. The oline coach speaks for itself this is the worst line the Steelers have had in a very long timealso the youngest since the 50s so is it growing pains, do they have to gel as a unit or is it coaching I don't know. Haley is extremely aggravating from top to bottom. Why in the world are we dressing 4 TEs and leaving our tallest wr who had a great td catch on the one pass thrown to him on the bench? That really doesn't make sense to me at all. 2nd and 3rd and more then 15 it's going to be a screen or a draw. This offense actually works in the no huddle when Ben is calling the plays yet Haley is too stubborn to take the backseat to ben. The run game has picked up some but when you are averaging one yard a carry why the hell are you running play action behind a line that couldn't block some college dlines. Now onto my boy Lebeau. It'd time to hang it up. Everyone knows what the Steelers are going to do and he won't change. He continues to give the wrs 10 and 15 yard cushions to stop the big play yet all the qb has to do is chuck it out there and let the wr pick up 5+ yards. His schemes are getting no pressure but it's hard to get pressure to cause turnovers and get sacks when the qb only has the ball for 2 seconds and only has to throw it 10 yards sideways.

For the future not this year I think the Steelers will be alright. They have a good group of rookies all showing promise. For Vince Williams to be a rookie calling the defense is huge and his play has been there as well. Jones looks like he is going to be good but he needs to add some weight for the future. Wheaton has some hands and is explosive. Bell looked good today behind that oline and he shown some great vision. Shamarko Thomas is balling out there as well. Moye isn't a rookie but he is an unkown with great hands and a great drive for the game. It looks like we will have a shot at the best LT in the game. I'm not saying the Steelers will have the first pick but they will be up there. Another good draft and this team will be back.

Identify your solid core of players that you can build a team from and let the rest lose their jobs to competition. There are enough good players on the Steelers roster to build upon.

Take your lumps while you rebuild.

I think the team has turned a deaf ear to Tomlin. His act got old.

Not drafting well enough the last few years to replace aging players and fill holes (like the O line and RB) is what is showing now,.

Also, like the Ravens, all the winning years come with a price....you draft late so you better hit.

Identify your solid core of players that you can build a team from and let the rest lose their jobs to competition. There are enough good players on the Steelers roster to build upon.

Take your lumps while you rebuild.

I think the team has turned a deaf ear to Tomlin. His act got old.

Not drafting well enough the last few years to replace aging players and fill holes (like the O line and RB) is what is showing now,.

Also, like the Ravens, all the winning years come with a price....you draft late so you better hit.

I totally agree with everything you said they have a good core but their player development has been horrible. Tomlin drives me nuts with his buddy buddy shit. When they interviewed harrison about his old coaches he called Cowher and DL coach and tomlin mike. That says everything I need to know. Another killer draft next year and they will be alright. The giants and the Steelers made the mistake of trying to hold onto everyone to make another run and weren't able to replace the guys they lost with the late draft picks. I still love my Steelers and will continue to support them but I'm not sure they win 5 games this year. Also things just seem to be going against them like today get a huge strip sack and the ball bounces by three Steelers and right to a vike for a first down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/ben-roethlisberger-you-could-say-were-the-worst-team-in-the-league/

Ben Roethlisberger: You could say we’re the worst team in the league

When you’re 0-4 and showing few signs of fixing what’s going wrong, there’s not much point in dancing around the facts that are right in front of your face.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger isn’t doing that. The Steelers are off to their worst start since 1968, “uncharted territory and the water is dangerous” by Roethlisberger’s telling, and the quarterback believes in the old adage that you are what your record says you are.

“Right now, you could say we’re the worst team in the league,” Roethlisberger said, via the Associated Press. “That hurts.”

The Giants, Jaguars and Buccaneers could likely lodge a formal complaint about Roethlisberger labeling his own team as the league’s bottom of the barrel, but there’s not much point in splitting hairs about such things. The Steelers are in a bad, bad way and coach Mike Tomlin responded to Sunday’s loss by saying that he wants to see players working with “belief and effort” to get better because the ones who don’t won’t be in Pittsburgh much longer.

Roethlisberger, who had two turnovers Sunday, said he’s starting by holding himself accountable for his bad play and promised to do the best he can to lead the team to better results in the coming weeks. If they don’t come, Roethlisberger probably won’t be the only one left with the feeling that the Steelers could be the worst team in the league.

Why do they get rid of Max Starks every year? He has always produced. I wanted the Ravens to pick him up.

I don't know that's frustrates the hell out of me. Yeah he isn't the best run blocker in the world but damn Adams can't run or pass block. Adams is a pure RT and did well there last year. Starks was solid in pass blocking I think he gave up like 4 sacks last year hell that's a good game for Adams if he only lets up 4. Steelers fans rip into Gilbert and while he isn't great he has had a solid pass blocking year horrible in run. I think they need to flip Adams and Gilbert hell it can't be any worse.

Steelers are 0-4, for the very first time. Unless I am mistaken in such a long time. As Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season. So he will kept next season!

Steelers are 0-4, for the very first time. Unless I am mistaken in such a long time. As Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season. So he will kept next season!

1968 is the last time the Steelers started 0-4. The funniest part is you can't even consider them out of the division race. I know they are done but with 2 against yinz and the browns and 1 against the Bengals it's possible.