ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pitta

varaven45

I think he could be ready for a playoff run

Anything is possible, just not likely....Suggs was a freak, and Ray's was not as bad of an injury, so to assume Pitta is gonna come back from as bad an injury as this is wishful thinking in my estimation....

Go get us a TE Ozzie, that ain't totally washed up.....

SB Champs.....All yr loooooong !!!!

Anything is possible, just not likely....Suggs was a freak, and Ray's was not as bad of an injury, so to assume Pitta is gonna come back from as bad an injury as this is wishful thinking in my estimation....

Go get us a TE Ozzie, that ain't totally washed up.....

SB Champs.....All yr loooooong !!!!

Agree. The problem is that unless you trade for one yo0u can't get a good TE. He is not going to burn to many picks to fix things. You are trading froma position of weakness now and you will not get a good buy. The LT trade was for later picks.

Agree. The problem is that unless you trade for one yo0u can't get a good TE. He is not going to burn to many picks to fix things. You are trading froma position of weakness now and you will not get a good buy. The LT trade was for later picks.

I'm sure there are some promising backups out there that we don't know about but Oz does that could at least be productive.....

DC is a 3rd stringer when he's on and Dickson is a backup on a sandlot team.....

I'd rather see Bajema or Furst in there instead of ED, and I think given a few weeks, they will pass Dallas for #1

Goooo Ravens !!!!

Have to agree with smurfie on this one, if he could come back from the injury, it won't be in time for him to get in good enough shape to make a difference....

Asa is supposed to be back now but haven't heard a thing about him..

Goooo Ravens !!!!

Asa is put 8 weeks, this was his 2nd go around

Asa is put 8 weeks, this was his 2nd go around

I see now, I had it mixed up with his first one and didn't realize it was for the same violation...I was thinking we could use that speed in several places, but he may end up getting cut anyway.....

I like the Monroe pickup, and an arrow pointing to the hot dot cart for BM....lol

We should try to trade him for a TE or slot receiver.....

Goooo Ravens !!!!

You're right, it's 8 games this time, it was 4 last yr for the same violation....I'm surprised he didn't get cut after this second one.....

Like I said during the summer I figure they will wait until he is elligable to comeback. If they don't need a CB then they cut him. If they do they get a cheap one who has not counted on the 53 man roster all that time.

I'm not going to doubt modern medicine. The Ravens have one of the best medical staffs in the league. If Ozzie gave Pitta the designation to return I am positive he got favorable reports from his doctors. That designation is too important to take a chance with.

I would not use it on an injury that takes 6+ months in most cases. Hey if it is an injury that keeps a guy out 2-4 months when the injury is in the summer or 1-3 months in season that is fine.

I would not use it on an injury that takes 6+ months in most cases. Hey if it is an injury that keeps a guy out 2-4 months when the injury is in the summer or 1-3 months in season that is fine.

I agree with you but there is a lot of information we do not know here. We waited until Pitta was a month into his rehab before using the designation. My only point here: in Ozzie we trust (and our team doctors). Ozzie wouldn't have made this move unless the doctors agreed.

There is no way of knowing that. Ozzie is the only one in the front office who like Cody. He does make poor calls sometimes. He could have made the call against them. It could have been a John call that he rubber stamped.

Not denying that Ozzie hasn't messed up. Have you seen Pitta's medical records? We can try to be Google doctors but in reality no two injuries are the same. Ozzie wouldn't have given him the designation if the doctors said there was no chance of Pitta coming back.

This call was no doubt influenced by the doctors. Bisciotti isn't paying them the big bucks to be ignored.

Not denying that Ozzie hasn't messed up. Have you seen Pitta's medical records? We can try to be Google doctors but in reality no two injuries are the same. Ozzie wouldn't have given him the designation if the doctors said there was no chance of Pitta coming back.

This call was no doubt influenced by the doctors.

Would you really want to risk this guys career by bringing him back early when the season is almost over ?

And do you think Oz and Harbs wants to risk losing the best traffic recvr we have for good ?

When the run game begins to work, JJ, Marlon and Torrey will handle the job well and no need to take such a high risk with Pitta....

That's my view, but it is all speculation....No one knows how this will shake out....

SB Champs.....REPEAT !!!!

Would you really want to risk this guys career by bringing him back early when the season is almost over ?

And do you think Oz and Harbs wants to risk losing the best traffic recvr we have for good ?

When the run game begins to work, JJ, Marlon and Torrey will handle the job well and no need to take such a high risk with Pitta....

That's my view, but it is all speculation....No one knows how this will shake out....

SB Champs.....REPEAT !!!!

You're completely missing the point here, but you're actually making mine. How do you know his injury could be career threatening if he came back? Unless you have an inside source you're reading the same speculation everyone else is. No one on this board has seen Pitta's medical records nor could explain the science behind his injury.

Bottom line, this is a call made heavily influenced by the doctors. Ozzie would not have given Pitta the designation to return unless the doctors said there was a safe, realistic chance to return.