ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pitta

varaven45

Everyone scoffed when the put the designated to return tag on Ray in the middle of last season and look how that turned out. I think the decision makers deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Good point....BUT Ray was the field general..

I dont want to see Pitta, a broken hip if he would come back you know he would play to protect that hip area, and thats when he injures a knee or an ankle..

Just get 100% healthy Pitta, we'll see ya in July

You're completely missing the point here, but you're actually making mine. How do you know his injury could be career threatening if he came back? Unless you have an inside source you're reading the same speculation everyone else is. No one on this board has seen Pitta's medical records nor could explain the science behind his injury.

Bottom line, this is a call made heavily influenced by the doctors. Ozzie would not have given Pitta the designation to return unless the doctors said there was a safe, realistic chance to return.

That is as much speculation as anything else TC......Of course doctors opinions are considered but they don't even know how long or what effect this will have on each individual going forward.....They make an educated guess, that's all....

Goooo Ravens !!!!

Everyone scoffed when the put the designated to return tag on Ray in the middle of last season and look how that turned out. I think the decision makers deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Different injury and also he had already told them he was retiring so they wanted to get him out there for his farewell tour.

Good point....BUT Ray was the field general..

I dont want to see Pitta, a broken hip if he would come back you know he would play to protect that hip area, and thats when he injures a knee or an ankle..

Just get 100% healthy Pitta, we'll see ya in July

I agree. I don't think it would be wise for either the team or his career prospects. Bring him back next on a 1 year deal and see how he plays.

That said, I really, really like Pitta and I wish we had more like him. Torrey too.

• Downvote 1

Exactly, and it was for a playoff run. They would jeopardize their mother's health for that.....lol

Goooo Ravens !!!!

At the time when they went with that call the Ravens were not playing great. I think they just wanted to get Ray out right at the end of the regular season and a PO game or 2 and let him ride off. Things changed though.

Different injury and also he had already told them he was retiring so they wanted to get him out there for his farewell tour.

Obviously a different injury, but my point is that was also supposed to be season ending. If they would have just IR'd him like everyone though they would do, he never would have had the chance to come back. What is the downside of putting Pitta on this designated to return list anyway....does it cost us a roster spot?

Obviously a different injury, but my point is that was also supposed to be season ending. If they would have just IR'd him like everyone though they would do, he never would have had the chance to come back. What is the downside of putting Pitta on this designated to return list anyway....does it cost us a roster spot?

They and Ray knew he had no future past the end of teh season. He could not hurt himself more. If nothing Ray runs out does the squirell makes a meaningless but galliant effort and walks into the sunset. Pitta has many yrs ahead if thing work out. If he comes back you want him productive.

They and Ray knew he had no future past the end of teh season. He could not hurt himself more. If nothing Ray runs out does the squirell makes a meaningless but galliant effort and walks into the sunset. Pitta has many yrs ahead if thing work out. If he comes back you want him productive.

I understand your point about Ray, but again, what's the downside of using the IR-designated to return tag? There isn't one, besides the fact that they can only use it on one player. It allows them to put off the final decision about him playing until they've seen how well (or poorly) he's healed.

I understand your point about Ray, but again, what's the downside of using the IR-designated to return tag? There isn't one, besides the fact that they can only use it on one player. It allows them to put off the final decision about him playing until they've seen how well (or poorly) he's healed.

I don't remember them cutting anyone to bring Ray back so I presume they have to leave a roster spot open for him....

But the biggest issue is that if you bring him back as soon as he can play, the risk of re-injury is very high and it's not worth the risk if we plan on keeping him beyond this year....

Goooo Ravens.....Just Win Baby !!!!

Say Torrey goes down today. He has a 5 week injury. Now they would just have to ride with him on the 53. If they still had the designation they could put it on Torrey.

That said I don't like that you have to make the designation of who gets it. I just think it should be where you can pull 1 IR guy back a season.