14 Sun, Dec 13 St. Louis 1:00 PM FOX Tickets LP Field

15 Sun, Dec 20 Miami 1:00 PM CBS Tickets LP Field

16 Fri, Dec 25 San Diego 7:30 PM NFL Tickets LP Field

17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Seattle

Not so sure...

The Broncos will fall off the map...

Ravens?....Not so sure.

Guest BallTMore

What happens if the Texans beat the Colts? I think that's going to happen this week.

They would own the tiebreaker, right?

The Texans would have beat the Bengals and Colts. Two teams we lost to, obviously.

What happens if the Texans beat the Colts? I think that's going to happen this week.

They would own the tiebreaker, right?

The Texans would have beat the Bengals and Colts. Two teams we lost to, obviously.

looks like it BallT.

I don't expect the Colts to do us any favors so they lose this week.

I think for out of division ties, it goes to conference record after head-to-head. We are looking kinda shaky in the AFC this year, unfortunately.

Edit: After conference record, it is Common games, minimum of 4, which they (Texans) would have the advantage over us, simply because they beat Cincy. We basically need them to lose at least 1 of their remaining AFC games, while we have to sweep Pitt and beat Oakland (and try really hard not to lose to NFC, obviously).

We just need to beat GB next week. That is all we need to focus on. Beat Green Bay, then we get a gimme against Detriot, putting us at 8-5 with a rematch in Pittsburgh. These next two weeks are just as important as yesterday. We came out fighting yesterday, I don't expect that to change against Green Bay on MNF.

BTW, after last night Green Bay has the #1 defense in the league and the #6 offense in the league. They are not to be taken lightly.

Actually, we have a game against Chicago also before the Pittsburgh game, so we should try and go into Pittsburgh 9-5. We have to win one of the two games against Green Bay and Pitt, and then hold serve against Chicago, Detroit, and Oakland, to got to 10-6. I think the best chance to do that comes Monday night.

NFL writer Jason La Canfora is a believer...

AFC: Contenders

Baltimore (6-5), tied for second in AFC North

The Ravens have managed to lose games late on interceptions, dropped passes and missed field goals, and have given Indy and New England all they can handle. They need to re-establish their run dominance and limit the attempts of slumping sophomore QB Joe Flacco. A few more trick plays from the 2008 playbook are in order as well. The defense allowed 11.6 points per game in November (despite facing some quality opponents). Should have beaten the Colts even without Terrell Suggs. New defensive coordinator Greg Mattison seems more in sync with his unit. If offensive coordinator Cam Cameron can spark his attack just a little bit, this team could end up playing deep into January again. Sweeping the Steelers would be vital, but they already have quality conference wins over San Diego and Denver.

Remaining schedule: at Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago, at Pittsburgh, at Oakland.

Prediction: Split with Pittsburgh, and beat Oakland to sneak in as final seed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814976b7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Updated link has the Ravens with the 6th spot right now..But the radio has Jax with the 6th spot.

You aren't reading that chart correctly; it's not showing the current standings, it's showing probabilities. The Jags are absolutely the #6 seed, and we're on the outside looking in as of today.

Actually, we have a game against Chicago also before the Pittsburgh game, so we should try and go into Pittsburgh 9-5. We have to win one of the two games against Green Bay and Pitt, and then hold serve against Chicago, Detroit, and Oakland, to got to 10-6. I think the best chance to do that comes Monday night.

Me too. I think Monday night is their only chance to go 10-6...it's a must win game IMO.

I don't see the Ravens winning in Pittsburgh....it could happen with some breaks but the best chance to go 10-6 is by winning Monday Night.

I look at it this way...a loss to Green Bay means that this team is still falling short, has too many weaknesses and is not playoff caliber. That kind of team won't beat the Steelers in their house when they are desperate too.

50656181.jpg

Me too. I think Monday night is their only chance to go 10-6...it's a must win game IMO.

I don't see the Ravens winning in Pittsburgh....it could happen with some breaks but the best chance to go 10-6 is by winning Monday Night.

I look at it this way...a loss to Green Bay means that this team is still falling short, has too many weaknesses and is not playoff caliber. That kind of team won't beat the Steelers in their house when they are desperate too.

50656181.jpg

I agree with you. The win in Pittsburgh will be very difficult. Lets just take care of business now. Even though this is not the best Ravens team we have seen, if we make the playoffs this team will have faced the most difficult road to make the playoffs out of any Ravens team in the past. For them to overcome so many rollercosters this season really says something. The fact that we still have a tight lockerroom and we have not heard of any lockerroom splits like we have in the past is a testament to Harbaugh as well. This team is no longer the offense versus the defense. For the first time in Ravens history this team wins and loses as a team, and not a defense and an offense. While winning a Super Bowl may be unrealistic, putting together back-to-back playoff season would be HUGE in my opinion (even if we are a one-and-done in the playoffs).

matheson.jpg "Tell you what...if the Ravens win in Green Bay then this team can win in Pittsburgh."

It will mean they took the next step this year.

That's what I'm looking/hoping for.

Edited by vmax

It will mean they took the next step this year.

I figured we took the next step when we knocked off San Diego week 2.

Perhaps you are forgetting the steps backward that they took after that...need I refresh your memory? :)

49246307.jpg

Steelers @ Browns

Ward is probably out. Can the Browns pull off the upset?

Broncos @ Colts

Tough one, but need the Colts to win

Jets @ Bucs

I don't think we can ask the Bucs for any favors

Dolphins @ Jaguars

Need the Dolphins to win

Chargers @ Cowboys

Chargers need to lose out, but they are playing too well to screw up like that.

I am going to the Lions game this week, so I am fully expecting to enjoy a Ravens win. :D

My philosophy is to take this one week at a time. If this team can finish 9-7/10-6, that has to be something good to build upon considering how bad our talent is in the secondary and at receiver, not to mention how poorly disciplined we are. Don't worry about the playoffs and what other teams do, we just need to win as many games as we can, not just for this year, but for next year.

Guest BallTMore

Where ya sitting?

Agree, just take it one game at a time. I doubt we get in the playoffs now so just enjoy the rest of the season. Sunday should be a good rebound game. I think Webb gets his first INT.

Where ya sitting?

Agree, just take it one game at a time. I doubt we get in the playoffs now so just enjoy the rest of the season. Sunday should be a good rebound game. I think Webb gets his first INT.

Anyone else see this game shaping up like the 2005 Lions game? It scares me.