ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lot of Problems to Solve

vmax

I hope they can take care of half of them and make improvement in the other half.

"It's a tough league," Harbaugh said. "We're right in the middle of the pack right now. So, we can either go down, stay the same or get better. We intend to get better. What we need to do is go win the next game, and then the game after that, and then the game after that, and then the game after that, and do our best and see how the chips fall when it's all said and done.

"But what makes me optimistic is I'm always optimistic, because I know how hard we work, I know what good people we have, coaches and players, and I really believe in where we’re going schematically."

The issues the Ravens are facing are numerous:

* Slow starts. They've scored only 13 points in the first quarter all season while outscoring opponents 63-33 in the fourth quarter

* The aforementioned sluggish running game.

* The run defense has faltered over the past two games, surrendering a total of 281 rushing yards during that span.

* The special teams has had two punts blocked, allowed a long return to Emmanuel Sanders last Sunday that led to the Steelers' game-winning field goal, and also botched an onsides kick attempt.

* The passing game hasn't clicked, especially on deep throws, as quarterback Joe Flacco has completed 59.5 percent of his throws overall for 1,917 yards, eight touchdowns and eight interceptions for a 78.9 passer rating. He ranks 23rd in rating among starting NFL quarterbacks.

* Flacco has been sacked 20 times this season, but was sacked a season-low once against the Steelers as new left tackle Eugene Monroe made his second start and had a strong performance.

"I think we understand how to solve problems," Harbaugh said. "And that's what football is, it's a problem-solving business. There always are problems. Everybody has them.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-harbaugh-remains-optimistic-despite-losing-slide-says-team-understands-how-to-solve-problems-20131024,0,2896845.story#ixzz2ipqA3ulV

Read the article on McKinnie and Castillo's new blocking scheme in the News Feeds section and there's another problem to solve.

Then...just getting players healthy will help a lot.

There's not enough space to identify the problems related to this years squad. In short, the team lacks substance, character, chemistry, focus and has no sense of urgency. It starts att the top and trickles down to the practice squad.

It's one year, one season. This org will figure it and right the ship but folks it's going to take a little while. We aren't overhauling an engine but it's not a tune up either.

For the last decade, we were blessed with incredible leadership, excellent drafts, and some good fortune . It all came together in a perfect storm of events last season, culminating in last year's SB win.

We ve taken a step back this year and the team is rediscovering its identity and mantra. It' will take this season and maybe next to get our collective mojo back.

Until then, I will enjoy watching this team grind it out, rediscover its leadership and identity, and find its way back to the top. Our FO, team and fans will see it through and I will be watching all the way.

There's not enough space to identify the problems related to this years squad. In short, the team lacks substance, character, chemistry, focus and has no sense of urgency. It starts att the top and trickles down to the practice squad.

It's one year, one season. This org will figure it and right the ship but folks it's going to take a little while. We aren't overhauling an engine but it's not a tune up either.

For the last decade, we were blessed with incredible leadership, excellent drafts, and some good fortune . It all came together in a perfect storm of events last season, culminating in last year's SB win.

We ve taken a step back this year and the team is rediscovering its identity and mantra. It' will take this season and maybe next to get our collective mojo back.

Until then, I will enjoy watching this team grind it out, rediscover its leadership and identity, and find its way back to the top. Our FO, team and fans will see it through and I will be watching all the way.

:gorave: Love your last sentence varav.

Yea...I'm all in when it comes to supporting and seeing this through...however painful the growing pains are.

I agree...I don't see how they can turn this around quickly. I also think they will be a much better team as the season wears on.

I hope they can take care of half of them and make improvement in the other half.

Read the article on McKinnie and Castillo's new blocking scheme in the News Feeds section and there's another problem to solve.

Then...just getting players healthy will help a lot.

Screw Castillo, get him out of here..Why in the HELL would Harbs let him show Philly blocking films, when they havent won shit since 1950??????

Spot on! We just are going to have to be patient.