ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

OK..it was the Lions

vmax

But a franchise record of 548 yards and 48 points(ties franchise record) says something....right? :D

Ray Rice would have had 300 yards rushing if they didn't pull him early...no doubt in my mind. Nevertheless I'm fine with sitting him. It was a smart move that let McGahee and McLain shake some rust off.

Joe had an easy day and he needed it.

The O line was on fire...execution was terrific and the intensity was great. I like Oher at LT.

Hey even Demetrius Williams made some plays. Loved the Mason catch and TD run...

51057897.jpg

Ellerbe, Barnes, McLain were bringing it. Gooden better watch out.

The biggest complaint: even with Suggs back, we had virtually no pass rush. Against the Lions.

We haven't had any all year when he WAS healthy so I didn't expect anything better today. We play with Pryce, Gregg, and Ngata together often, those three are all run-stoppers, and I think the philosophy is to not allow anything on the ground and make them beat us through the air.

OK...so it was just the Lions. The worst team in football. Good teams are supposed to dominate them and the Ravens crushed them

More thoughts...

Lost in this is the defense only giving up 3 points...they continue to get stingy when it comes to surrendering points.

The pass rush was...not much. Cullpepper was running for his life at times, then there were times that he had plenty of time to throw. Only 1 sack and 2 QB hits...Still inconsistent and that won't do against the better O lines and QB's.

Reed, Gaither and Clayton were absent and remember...a lot of Ravens played banged up so they are fortunate that they were not playing an Elite team.

Only 5 penalties...that's improvement.

The game started out like all the others...fumble, penalty..missed opportunity...stall... but this time they broke the weak 1st half starts in the second quarter. That's progress.

It was a good confidence boost and get healthy game.

Quietly Cundiff is comming through...the kick offs were short but the weather was bad.

Oneil Cousins had a good game and he was terrible in the pre season. I don't know...Oher looks like a natural upgrade at LT to me...I say move him there permanent. He's better than Gaither and coupled with Grubbs they did some serious road grading. Gaither won't like it and I don't know if he can make the switch to RT. Maybe give him the whole off season and camp to do it.

NOTE TO CAM CAMMERON: In any wet games just run Ray Rice! Teams cannot grab, hold onto or tackle him. Like trying to catch a fish with your hands.

Game ball to all the Ravens fans who braved the weather.

23861309948620-13154618.jpg

Damn...I loved watching the Ravens run!

23795102442920-13155856.jpg

23619379868940-13154029.jpg

23619379868880-13154053.jpg

Edited by vmax

Oneil Cousins had a good game and he was terrible in the pre season. I don't know...Oher looks like a natural upgrade at LT to me...I say move him there permanent. He's better than Gaither and coupled with Grubbs they did some serious road grading. Gaither won't like it and I don't know if he can make the switch to RT. Maybe give him the whole off season and camp to do it.

Remember that we played the Lions. Gaither has had a very good season save last Monday. I recommend you to read these posts:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=5239025

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=5190748

Remember that we played the Lions. Gaither has had a very good season save last Monday. I recommend you to read these posts:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=5239025

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=118&f=1666&t=5190748

I stand reminded cleetz...:)

1. It was the Lions so Oher had no real competition.

2. Gaither has been playing hurt.

Not sure why people want us to dump Gaither? Is it because of Oher, being a first rd pick and all this romance about Oliver Twist and a movie? Gaither is from Maryland, probably not helping him. Is he old? Nah two month older than the rookie Oher, one year younger than our first rd pick from 2008, mr Joe Cool, still he has more experience. Gaither, third year in this league at one of the most difficult positions and he is still only 23, 2-3 years younger than Cousins and Hale who has by far less experience, despite their better draft position.

Anyway I think people is crazy if they really believe Gaither would ever want to play RT for a minute, first of all, with his size and technique he is an obvious LT. Yeah next year we could force him to play RT, without of doubt he would take the money and leave us, and no blame from me.. That is I would blame the FO, both football and financially a wrong move.

Give Gaither his money, less than the typical LT money anyway.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why people want us to dump Gaither? Is it because of Oher, being a first rd pick and all this romance about Oliver Twist and a movie? Gaither is from Maryland, probably not helping him. Is he old? Nah two month older than the rookie Oher, one year younger than our first rd pick from 2008, mr Joe Cool, still he has more experience. Gaither, third year in this league at one of the most difficult positions and he is still only 23, 2-3 years younger than Cousins and Hale who has by far less experience, despite their better draft position.

Anyway I think people is crazy if they really believe Gaither would ever want to play RT for a minute, first of all, with his size and technique he is an obvious LT. Yeah next year we could force him to play RT, without of doubt he would take the money and leave us, and no blame from me.. That is I would blame the FO, both football and financially a wrong move.

Give Gaither his money, less than the typical LT money anyway.

Don't worry, geo, I am sure that Ozzie, Harbaugh, Matsko, and Cam realize Gaither's value. We will pay him.

Here's more from Preston on moving Oher to LT...

"I can see them switching because Oher is quicker and they might want to optimize Jared's size and strength," said Ogden, who was named to the Pro Bowl team 11 times during his 12-year career in Baltimore. "But for right now, this team is at its best when both are playing well at their current positions.

"And if they can get a pass-blocking tight end, they could really be on to something special."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.preston15dec15,0,1160324.column

48645453.jpg

BTW, does anyone think that Oher could win offensive ROY? I mean no rookie on offense is tearing it up, and with the media exposure Oher has gotten, it could be possible.

no way. there was a lot of rookie receiver production this year (would have been nice to have one of them). He played good and all but there are other guys scoring TDs like harvin, maclin, crabtree..