ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice

bmw800

The man deserves to go to the Pro Bowl

9th in the NFL in rushing yards

14th in the NFL in receptions

44th in the NFL in receiving yards (including 1st among RBs, 200 more than the next RB)

2nd in the NFL in yards/carry amongst guys how have a significant number of them

68 catches, 652 yards

194 carries, 1041 yards

That's 262 touches for 1693 yards (2nd in the league behind Johnson), that's 6.5 yards each time he touches the ball.

He might get to 2000 before all is said and done.

They shows a stat before the MNF game, I think the only two RBs to get to 1000 rushing and 800 rec yards in a season were Marshall Faulk and Roger Craig, now wouldn't that be an accomplishment

profootballreference has a query tool

3 people have done it

Game Game Rush Rush Rush Rush Rush Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece

Rk Player Year Age Tm Lg G GS Att Yds Y/A TD Y/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Y/G

1 Steven Jackson 2006 23 STL NFL 16 16 346 1528 4.42 13 95.5 90 806 8.96 3 50.4

2 Marshall Faulk 1999 26 STL NFL 16 16 253 1381 5.46 7 86.3 87 1048 12.05 5 65.5

3 Marshall Faulk 2000 27 STL NFL 14 14 253 1359 5.37 18 97.1 81 830 10.25 8 59.3

4 Marshall Faulk 1998 25 IND NFL 16 15 324 1319 4.07 6 82.4 86 908 10.56 4 56.8

5 Roger Craig 1985 25 SFO NFL 16 16 214 1050 4.91 9 65.6 92 1016 11.04 6 63.5

oh well, won't let you post it nicely

The fact that only 3 players have hit that stratosphere shows what an incredible season Ray is having. He should be in the Pro Bowl. The question is: Does he have enough national recognition amoung the fans since the Ravens are a 'small market team'?

42208700.jpg

The thing I think Ray Rice has going for him is he has definitely caught the attention of his fellow players and the coaches. He leaves an impression on every team we play. The media attention is starting to catch up. About the stats, the scary thing is that Ray is only 22 and in his second season. He may be only scratching the surface of what he can do. Who knows, maybe 1000 yards rushing, 1000 yards receiving is in Ray's future. I definitely believe that Ray will become a bigger TD threat next year if Willis leaves.

Having gotten enough of a feel for Ray's game, I see him as a Brian Westbrook/Marshall Faulk hybrid. He has Westbrook's low center of gravity and quickness, and he has Marshall's vision, ability to stop and start on a dime, and is a horse who can take a full workload. And like both guys, Ray is a great receiver. This is where Ray will definitely improve as he will learn to play as a receiver being flexed out and finding holes in the zone.

Guest BallTMore

Cool info, 83.

Ray F-ing Rice (Starting to catch on) definitely deserves to go to the Pro Bowl. But I think MJD, CJ (Lock) and Benson (Deserving) will get the votes.

Cool info, 83.

Ray F-ing Rice (Starting to catch on) definitely deserves to go to the Pro Bowl. But I think MJD, CJ (Lock) and Benson (Deserving) will get the votes.

Ray has much better numbers than Benson, and I think Benson is in the same boat as Ray Rice as far as fan voting goes. Benson really only had that three week run on media exposure. I would say Ray Rice has caughten up. Ray was really impressive in SNF against the Browns and MNF against the Steelers. I think MJD and Chris Johnson are locks. Thomas Jones is the guy who is going to challenge Ray for the third spot.

His numbers are staggering. That said with all those touches he will not be long for the league. He is doing what players in their 4th+ season. This kid is gonna be used really hard.

Ray doesn't take a lot of punishment though. He has a low center of gravity, it is hard to get a good lick on him. Ray currently has less than 200 carries on the season (tied for 15th in the league). Then you have to consider that a lot of his runs are on the outside with him going against corners and safeties, or being pushed out of bounds. Yeah, he has 68 receptions, but it is the same deal, he is going up against corners and safeties on these receptions. Ray does not take nearly the amount of punishment that guys like Benson, Peterson, Mendenhall, Jackson, or Grant take.

Benson is making the Pro Bowl, period. PFT reported today that he's still leading AFC running backs, with Johnson in second. MJD definitely deserves it more than Rice, and Jones probably does, too.

Not sure how you come to that result.

However I do have one problem with Rice, he is not really winning games, and in short third down and RZ not much of a factor, I am more comfortable with the Macs. I find it difficult to say that we would have won less games without Rice, in fact I have trouble finding one win we for sure would have lost without him.

And we are not winning TOP with Rice, he simply cheats! And reduce 10 plays, when needed to kill the clock, to one big play. And in 3 games he was somehow part in the losses, when we migth have finished the games better off with Mcgahee and mcClain. Vikes hard to blame him for that though, still the drive when he scores on the first possesion and we then lead.. it was a pretty good fieldposition and with 3 minutes left to Favre.. Last year it would have been a case for double mac, then the first Cincy game.. the drive after his first recieving TD! all we needed to do was to kill the clock and then the Colts game, same thing we just need to kill the clock and make the FG, obviously others to blame for that drive as well, still the Macs migth have been the better option.

Not sure how you come to that result.

However I do have one problem with Rice, he is not really winning games, and in short third down and RZ not much of a factor, I am more comfortable with the Macs. I find it difficult to say that we would have won less games without Rice, in fact I have trouble finding one win we for sure would have lost without him.

And we are not winning TOP with Rice, he simply cheats! And reduce 10 plays, when needed to kill the clock, to one big play. And in 3 games he was somehow part in the losses, when we migth have finished the games better off with Mcgahee and mcClain. Vikes hard to blame him for that though, still the drive when he scores on the first possesion and we then lead.. it was a pretty good fieldposition and with 3 minutes left to Favre.. Last year it would have been a case for double mac, then the first Cincy game.. the drive after his first recieving TD! all we needed to do was to kill the clock and then the Colts game, same thing we just need to kill the clock and make the FG, obviously others to blame for that drive as well, still the Macs migth have been the better option.

Rice won the Steelers game for us. Other than that, all of our wins have been blowouts (save the Chargers). In our loses it was more Cam's fault for not running the ball then Rice not getting the yardage. And even then, it is not all completely Rice's fault, the line is to blame as well. But you are right, if there is one area Rice needs to improve upon, it is his short yardage/goaline running. He is very explosive, so he should get better.

You could say the same thing about guys like MJD and Chris Johnson, these guys are more gamebreakers then grinders. Chris Johnson leads the league in rushing, but his team has nine loses. MJD is kind of similar to Rice. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with Rice being spelled by a bigger back. There is a reason why we have a 265-yard fullback.

Rice won the Steelers game for us. Other than that, all of our wins have been blowouts (save the Chargers). In our loses it was more Cam's fault for not running the ball then Rice not getting the yardage. And even then, it is not all completely Rice's fault, the line is to blame as well. But you are right, if there is one area Rice needs to improve upon, it is his short yardage/goaline running. He is very explosive, so he should get better.

You could say the same thing about guys like MJD and Chris Johnson, these guys are more gamebreakers then grinders. Chris Johnson leads the league in rushing, but his team has nine loses. MJD is kind of similar to Rice. Anyways, there is nothing wrong with Rice being spelled by a bigger back. There is a reason why we have a 265-yard fullback.

Agreed.. as for Rice winning the steelers game. Yeah and saved Harbs ass, should never have been that close.