ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I truly feel good about the Steelers chances next year.

thesteelhurtin

The offense has been absolutely rolling and so much for Ben being on the decline. He is on pace for 4500 yards and 30 tds to about 13 ints. It looks like the Steelers have found their LT in Beachum and Decastro is looking like the pick we thought he was. Ben has stayed pretty clean lately and went 11 straight quarters without being sacked. Over the last 8 weeks since Miller and Bell have been really healthy the offense is 4th in the league in scoring. They are only losing Sanders on offense and they have Wheaton and Moye who have shown some skill behind him. Bell is getting better each week and surpassed 1000 all purpose yards last week while missing 5 games.

Now onto the defense. The defense worries me a bit but they will be a lot faster next year. Ike Taylor is gone or will be moved to Safety if they don't fell Thomas is ready yet. I think Woodley gets cut and Worilds re-signed. Heyward is looking awesome as the starting DE. Da beard is done and I dont know about hood who is also a FA. They have a young undrafted player named Arnfelt who is big and strong and really impressed in the preseason. They are good at LBer and I actually think they guy that layed the wood on Huber has an outside shot at starting next year. He went undrafted as a safety and has had to learn LBer for the first time in his career. He is now 6'3" and 235 he was 220 and is showing enough that he is already receiving defensive snaps. I dont know what they are going to do about the corner position. Allen was banged up all year so it kinda stunted his growth and Ike is clearly done.

On a side note the Steelers are only 7 million over the cap. Cutting Woodley, Ike and Keisel saves like 18 million and Ben will get an exstention dropping his hit a lot as well. I actually think the steelers may be a player in the FA market this year hopefully a corner.

Im thinking 5 years, and lets not forget, Ben has been taking a beating..He dont have too many good games left in the tank

Ben is having the best season of his career and I think it's like he has been sacked 4 times in the last 6 games. If they can get this defense straightened they will be alright especially if they use the no huddle all next year. I think he went 11 quarters without being sacked including against the Ravens.

Ben is having the best season of his career and I think it's like he has been sacked 4 times in the last 6 games. If they can get this defense straightened they will be alright especially if they use the no huddle all next year. I think he went 11 quarters without being sacked including against the Ravens.

OK, but hes still a 10 year vet, and has taken a pounding 9.75 of those years

OK, but hes still a 10 year vet, and has taken a pounding 9.75 of those years

I think he has a good 5 years left in him if the line continues to play like they are and we keep this quick strike offense. If the line reverts back to getting him killed I would go 3 years. Who knows though all the shots farve took who would have thought he would have played until he was 40. Never doubt a gunslinger