ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Alright you math guru's

cravnravn

you can't release chlorinated water into a lake

you must go through the waste system

pump it into your clean out on your shit line

better alllaround for you and the fishes

Come on now do you really think I would dump chlorinated water into the lake? I haven't added chlorine since thanksgiving weekend, this is my Feb project, to repaint the pool. There is no chlorine in the water at all, besides I fish that lake I wouldn't harm it

okay good deal

all I can think of now is

when you have it empty

you're gonna breakout the skateboard

cut off blue jean shorts

hang ten tank top

chuck taylors with purple tube socks pulled up to your knee cap

and a ravens headband

Ultimately, short answer isn't it won't take long as you probably get 100+GPM easily... And so long as its legal and the water is clean, you can run a backwash or a flush (flush/rinse) is better if your pump/valves have the option.

At 100GPM, it would take 90min to empty... No?

I'm going to slow the flow down to 15 gallons a minute. That should get me around 6 hrs to drain.

Now I'm reading a section in hydrostatic lift, and why Johnny homeowner should not drain his pool,

Ok so there's a valve by the drain that I need to open to release water that could be trapped under the pool,if there is water under there and you don't open the valve the pool will float up causing major damage to the concrete patio surrounding the pool as well as ruin the pool shell itself,

Bottom line is cost a pool contractor wants 2800 to resurface my pool, when I can get all the supplies I need for under 400.

especially the floor

it'll buckle with uplift of the ground water

cracking the floor creating washout of your subgrade

then you're in a world of doodoo

especially with any freeze thaw

which is low possibility but always a concern

the way some people build pools

they leave out reinforcing steel and mesh which will weaken the strength of your concrete

I guessing it is gunite

and probably low quality on top of that

they are not required to have certifications of proper application

EVERYONE IN THE POOL!!!!

Oh Crow, this board does not want to come and visit you in a prison. As you can't afford that. To leak stuff that you are not suppose to leak in a city or federal lake even!

It's water!!! There'sore chlorine in the drinking water then is currently In my pool,

I'm still speaking with the experts, I'm not afraid of this project just concerned. Now the fun part, anybody have a wet suit as I have to dive down and remove the drain lid them release the drain maybe ill luck out and there will be no trapped water

hell

it seems to me

by the time you get this lil project of your done

it'll be the 4th of july and you have missed good pool weather

just go full monty and POP THE TOP

we all have seen Seinfeld we know what happens when you just got out of the pool

Lots of reasons to not empty your pool - but most of those are about long-term emptying. If you can get the job done in a week or so, you should be ok. But inground pools are meant to have water in them; it's not just nearby water that can cause issues - its also just the pressure of the ground nearby, etc that push on the pool when there is no water there to push back.