Ravens backups IN the Pro Bowl:

Ray Rice, running back

Ravens Pro Bowl alternates:

Ben Grubbs

Terrell Suggs

Matt Birk

Tom Zbikowski

Can't believe Zibby is an alternate.

I am pretty sure Zibby is the ST alternate. Nevertheless, congrats to everyone that made it! McClain has been excellent this year in any role we have put him in, the guy is a premier FB. It is good to see Ngata finally getting his proper recognition. Ray Rice getting into the Pro Bowl in only his second year is a testament to the impression he left on opposing players and coaches.

Yeah, if Zibs is on the list it's for Special Teams... which I wouldn't disagree with.

I think more of our OL belongs there... Birk and Grubbs are good as Alts, I'm ok with that. I think Oher should be an Alt too.

Suprising that Oher isn't an Alternate because he was 3rd in OT voting after Fan voting...

Ngata made it this year after really not having that great of a year IMO, he got in on all the hype last year.

What's unbelievable is that NO BENGALS made it. When you think about it that team really doesn't have any players that are top 3 at their respective positions (You could argue for Ochocinco), but still, wow.

Guest BallTMore

I am pretty sure Zibby is the ST alternate. Nevertheless, congrats to everyone that made it! McClain has been excellent this year in any role we have put him in, the guy is a premier FB. It is good to see Ngata finally getting his proper recognition. Ray Rice getting into the Pro Bowl in only his second year is a testament to the impression he left on opposing players and coaches.

Ah, that makes sense. I was think he was an alternate for safety. I'm also thrilled that the McClain-train made the pro-bowl again. He deserves it. There aren't many fullbacks in the league as good and talented as him. Ngata got in for being a snub last year, which is fine by me. Ray and Ed will always be there regardless of their stats.

A few thoughts...

We know the fan vote is a popularity and stats driven vote so certain players don't make it who should. I don't know if Ed Reed earned his spot this year but he certainly was a threat and presence that caused QB's to hesitate. Playing with the injury that he has is all guts and desire. He's a very special talent.

Two thirds of the vote is from the players and coaches so bottom line, popularity contest or not, receiving this award does mean you had a good year. That said, the resigning of Ray Lewis was a good move by the Ravens organiztion. He played well, but most importantly, he was the glue that held this defense together through some rough periods this season. The Ravens are not playing for a playoff spot Sunday without him.

50656181.jpg

Ngata earned his spot. He is a dominant force. He doesn't have the stats but he is a force that must be double and tripple teamed. Currently the Ravens have the #3 defense and #2 in points surrendered. Ngata, Ray and Reed provide that dominant pressence up the middle of the field.

Jarrett Johnson should have made it IMO but he had heavey competition.

Ray Rice! He totally earned his spot and had an incredible season. It was great to see him make it.

23456373232880-29223259.jpg

Michael Oher should be on that roster. How many tackles in the AFC can play Left and Right as well as him?

None.

...and he's a rookie.

J.O. didn't make it his first year but Michael will be there for years to come.

Nice drafting Ozzie.

McLain also earned his spot even though there are no gaudy stats. He gets the job done. FB is not a glamor position.

50222169.jpg

Yeah, if Zibs is on the list it's for Special Teams... which I wouldn't disagree with.

I think more of our OL belongs there... Birk and Grubbs are good as Alts, I'm ok with that. I think Oher should be an Alt too.

It was only as STer you could vote for Zibby.

Hmm and no love for JJ, this is more confusing than Oher.

A few thoughts...

We know the fan vote is a popularity and stats driven vote so certain players don't make it who should. I don't know if Ed Reed earned his spot this year but he certainly was a threat and presence that caused QB's to hesitate. Playing with the injury that he has is all guts and desire. He's a very special talent.

Two thirds of the vote is from the players and coaches so bottom line, popularity contest or not, receiving this award does mean you had a good year. That said, the resigning of Ray Lewis was a good move by the Ravens organiztion. He played well, but most importantly, he was the glue that held this defense together through some rough periods this season. The Ravens are not playing for a playoff spot Sunday without him.

50656181.jpg

Ngata earned his spot. He is a dominant force. He doesn't have the stats but he is a force that must be double and tripple teamed. Currently the Ravens have the #3 defense and #2 in points surrendered. Ngata, Ray and Reed provide that dominant pressence up the middle of the field.

Jarrett Johnson should have made it IMO but he had heavey competition.

Agreed with pretty much all, especially Ray.. A defense who lost Rex, Scott, Leonhard, Rolle, C-mac.. a defense who was predicted to take a step back, who should basically start a new secondary.. oh and where is Nakamura, Fab, Webb.. and Reed now? They had to replace them mid-seson with another secondary.. And keyplayers like Ngata, Suggs and Reed with injuries, playing together with an undrafted rookie Ellerbe the most of the season, reintegrate come back players like Dwan, Dawan and Buddy Lee and despite all that we migth still have the best defense per score/yards since our bye and best rushing D yds/att. And he still making plays, and the best field general in this league.