ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

Hey I turned off teh engine and was stiff so I might as well walk around a little.

I wasnt being sarcastic if it seemed like it- I think its a good move. I am not sure why but for some reason I always feel like I should stay in the car. I'd much rather stretch and walk around a bit. Next time I will.

Tunnel accidents I have sympathy for. But it seems like nine times out of ten its disabled vehicles. I can't stand that. perhaps it will one day be me and I'll be a hypocrite but I just can't feel sorry for that... If your car sucks that much please avoid bottlenecked areas like that!

I am always thinking of moving to schools near my house -there's certainly no shortage - and I imagine being able to walk or bike to work, and staying longer at work but getting home earlier... How amazing! 45min-an hour is just painful.

Tunnel accidents I have sympathy for. But it seems like nine times out of ten its disabled vehicles. I can't stand that. perhaps it will one day be me and I'll be a hypocrite but I just can't feel sorry for that... If your car sucks that much please avoid bottlenecked areas like that!

I am always thinking of moving to schools near my house -there's certainly no shortage - and I imagine being able to walk or bike to work, and staying longer at work but getting home earlier... How amazing! 45min-an hour is just painful.

lol, I had one car break down while I was driving. Just once in almost 25 years. Guess where? Southbound tube of the Ft McHenry tunnel!

There is this young pretty coworker in the cubicle next to me. She just told me she that she likes Frank Ocean. Wanting to impress her with my knowledge and let her know I am not that much older I responded "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car". Mission acomplished.

It is a dangerous job.

Oh yeah. Its a dangerous climb too. I just never liked the idea of non-climbers, or novice ones paying others to get them to the summit. Eventually a bunch of tourists are going to get killed and it will be a 'tradgedy' even though its one of the most dangerous places on Earth.

Yeah it has. I think the most has been 8 people once in the 90s written about in Jon Krakauer's book "Into Thin Air". Oh and the wife of the MTV CEO at the time almost lost her portable espresso machine she was paying someone to carry up.

The article says this is the highest death count at one time. So far.The amount of people going up now is a lot higher, there will be 40 or 50 (or more) wiped out at one go in the next 10 years I bet.

(sorry, this topicis a pet peeve of mine)

Yeah it has. I think the most has been 8 people once in the 90s written about in Jon Krakauer's book "Into Thin Air". Oh and the wife of the MTV CEO at the time almost lost her portable espresso machine she was paying someone to carry up.

The article says this is the highest death count at one time. So far.The amount of people going up now is a lot higher, there will be 40 or 50 (or more) wiped out at one go in the next 10 years I bet.

(sorry, this topicis a pet peeve of mine)

1388437403552.jpg

I wish all of them could get one.

Going back to the discussion on commutes, 55-mile commute each way here! I work in Rockville.

Btw, going back to trains, I took the MARC train to DC for the Cherry Blossom festival. Wow is it convenient for getting to DC. I did not want to pay $20 for parking at Penn Station so we left from the newly renovated station just south in Halethrope. $6 each way, you cannot beat that!

Going back to the discussion on commutes, 55-mile commute each way here! I work in Rockville.

55 miles is a long one! Years ago I worked in Burtonsville then the company moved to Laurel. I think they were both about 43 miles for me. Now mine is just 32 which isn't bad it's just gridlocked and takes long.

How long does that take you?

55 miles is a long one! Years ago I worked in Burtonsville then the company moved to Laurel. I think they were both about 43 miles for me. Now mine is just 32 which isn't bad it's just gridlocked and takes long.

How long does that take you?

I take 695W-70W-29S-200W. In the morning it is not bad, takes an hour. Going home it can take up to an hour and a half with 29N traffic, the bottleneck on 70E to 695N and 695N traffic past Pikesville. I have at least tried to make the commute time productive by doing Pimsleur Spanish lessons.