ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Trump buying Bills ?

Oldschool739

Trump plans to make a run at buying the Bills

This should be a hoot !!!!.....I can hear him each week when a play goes bad saying; "you're fired" to players, coaches, GM, and even trying the refs too....lol...sweeeeet !!

Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2014, 8:58 PM EDT

trump.jpg?w=250AP

When Donald Trump first disclosed his interest in the Bills, he said he’d been approached about investing. Now, he says he wants to take over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/14/trump-plans-to-make-a-run-at-buying-the-bills/

He has previous experience with the usfl and is a very successful business man, I don't see why not when you have the likes of Irsay, Jones, the late Al Davis etc....He would be fun to watch, lol.....

Hes got too many ties to Atlantic City, aint happening

When the NFL would not approve him he could complain about that for years. Maybe if it was one of the NYC area teams I could see him kind of actually wanting it, I just dont believe his intentions in this case.

I dont think he will ever run for president but I bet he pretends he the rest of his life.

Hes just an attention whore.

I was looking at it with him being able to put a finger in the NFL's eye all the time.

I would just like to see him on the sideline during one of those cold windy winter games in Buffalo or NE...

It would be priceless to see if he goes airborne or not when his 3 ft comb over flies up on him....lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/20/one-owner-says-trumps-confirmation-wouldnt-be-a-slam-dunk/

One owner says Trump’s confirmation wouldn’t be a slam dunk

Recently, an NFL ownership-level source told PFT that it could be difficult to muster nine votes to keep Donald Trump out of the world’s most exclusive club of billionaires. Another owner has told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News something very different.

He did try to bring the NFL down,” the unnamed owner told Myers. “Certainly, a lot of owners aren’t around anymore. Maybe some of the new guys wouldn’t bear the same type of resentment that some of the older guys would. Do you think he would be a good partner for us or be somewhat of a maverick and be in it for himself? All questions that have to be asked. It’s not just the USFL stuff. Who knows how serious he is. He likes to have his name out there. Let’s put it this way: I don’t think his confirmation would be a slam dunk.”

Myers notes that 15 of the NFL’s 32 teams are still owned by the same person or family who owned those teams when Trump and his USFL cronies filed an antitrust lawsuit against the league. Of the 32 teams, 24 owners must approve the sale of the Bills to Trump. And Trump arguably has given some of the owners more incentive to oppose him with the intelligence-insulting claim that the USFL, not Trump, sued the NFL.
The AFL, with owners including the late Ralph Wilson, once battled the NFL toe-to-toe for players and fans and attention. Ultimately, the AFL and NFL put their differences behind them and made a stronger league. Trump would be wise to own what he did 30 years ago, and to hope that the owners who vividly recall the battles of the 1980s would be willing to treat Trump the way the AFL owners ultimately were treated.
“[Trump] said a lot of stupid things, and a lot of us still remember it,” said the unnamed owner, who reportedly laughed at Trump’s claim that he didn’t sue the NFL. “If he ends up being the only guy interested in buying the Bills, then he could be it. I know Jon Bon Jovi is a serious contender. I think there will be some competition.”
Bon Jovi may be a serious contender, but he may not have the cash. Trump apparently has the cash, but it’s unclear whether he’s serious about buying the Bills or whether he’s simply serious about generating free publicity by talking about buying the Bills.
Either way, if he’s going to try to buy the Bills, Trump’s best move would be to quit talking and start writing a check.

I think everyone involved knows that he's a tool, and I don't necessarily think that he doesn't know that. I don't think it would stop anyone from voting him in if he bought the team, though, because in the end they're all looking to make as much money as possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/27/nfl-should-learn-from-donald-sterling-situation/

NFL should learn from Donald Sterling situation

As NFL franchises continue to acquire more and more value, the pool of potential owners continues to shrink. But just because someone has earned the money to buy an NFL team, it doesn’t mean they’ve earned the privilege.

That’s an important point for the NFL to keep in mind regarding the inexplicably bizarre and embarrassing controversy currently roaring through the NBA, where L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling allegedly was caught on tape making racist comments to his girlfriend.

While it remains impossible to open a window into a person’s soul to see whether the poison of racism resides there, it is possible to screen those whose words and actions suggest that they harbor such beliefs.

Donald Sterling’s words and actions suggest that he does. And the evidence existed long before TMZ published its tape of his voice.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Sterling agreed in 2009 to a $2.765 million settlement of charges that he discriminated against African-Americans and others at an apartment building he owned. The Times also reports that a lawsuit filed in 2003 accused Sterling of saying “Hispanics smoke, drink and just hang around the building,” and that “black tenants smell and attract vermin.” The case was resolved with a confidential settlement, but Sterling reportedly paid $5 million in legal fees to the plaintiffs.

Amazingly, those claims and the settlements of those claims generated little or no publicity or scorn of Sterling. If an NFL owner were accused of such conduct, the mere allegations would become major national news. If an NFL owner ever settled a case involving such allegations, the league office undoubtedly would be forced to take decisive action or face strong contentions of the existence of a double standard.

It’s all the more reason for the NFL to treat this occasion as the catalyst for ensuring that its house — specifically, its 32 houses — are in order. Existing owners should be warned clearly about the potential consequences of such conduct. Potential owners should be screened even more carefully to determine that they have done or said nothing that would suggest that their hearts are rotten with racism or other qualities that could result in their wealth and power being used to violate the rights of others.

Per a league source, NFL owners already expect Commissioner Roger Goodell to address the situation in some way at the next ownership meetings in May.

It’s often impossible to get to the truth of a person’s attitudes regarding matters of race. But the Sterling situation underscores the importance of taking all reasonably available steps to ensure that the country’s biggest sports business is doing business with people who have not only the wealth to assume such an important responsibility, but also the character.