ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Huh

papasmurfbell

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/brent-urban?id=2543765

OVERVIEW

Grew up in suburban Toronto. Also played basketball and hockey his first two years in high school, but committed to football as an upperclassman. Redshirted in 2009. Tore his left ACL in the spring of '10, and saw very limited action in three games in the fall. Played all 13 games in '11 and was credited with 15 tackles, 2.5 for loss and zero sacks -- battled a wrist injury and had it surgically repaired after the season. Started all 12 games at defensive end in '12, recording 20-2.5-2 with two passes batted and one forced fumble. Returned a fumble 16 yards for a touchdown at Virginia Tech. Dealt with a high ankle sprain in '13, starting eight games (and missing four) and totaling 40-11.5-1 with an NCAA-leading nine passes batted. Was forced to withdraw from the Senior Bowl due to recurring issues with the ankle, then was a medical exclusion at the NFL Scouting Combine (knee). Was drafted by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the second round (15th overall selection) of the 2013 CFL Draft.

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS Looks the part -- has stature on the defensive line thanks to a long, well-proportioned physique with relatively little body fat. Has ideal dimensions for an odd front and has a large wingspan that enables him to disrupt passing lanes. Engages quickly off the snap, jolts blockers and gains extension. Can stack and shed or press single blocking and generate push. Flashes disruptive ability. Can slide inside as a nickel rusher to cave the pocket. WEAKNESSES Limited lower-body strength to anchor vs. double teams. Shows some stiffness through his shoulders and torso. Still developing recognition and instincts. Still learning blocking schemes and how to fight pressure. Needs to improve hand use (quickness and violence). Has to concentrate on keeping his pad level low -- gets uprooted and washed when he plays too tall. Linear, vanilla pass rusher (recorded just three career sacks). Relatively inexperienced. Grew up in a Canadian hockey town and has a mellow disposition that might not sit well with some people. DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 4-5 BOTTOM LINE Tall, angular, late-blooming five-technique prospect with the body type sought by teams employing odd fronts. Should only get bigger, stronger and more polished. If so, has potential to grow into an impact lineman. Broken foot bone suffered in freak accident prior to Senior Bowl could hinder his draft status.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/lorenzo-taliaferro?id=2543704

They drafted one of the RBs I was looking at.

My daughter goes to LIberty, Coastal's arch rival. a bit of a mudder, not really a short yardage back but he is patient to wait for holes to open. Doesn't do well in the passing game, not a great blocker.... we shall see, I do like this pick. :bleh:

Had a monster 2013 campaign, earning Big South Offensive Player of the Year honors after leading the conference with 1,729 yards on 276 carries (6.3) and 27 TDs in 15 starts. He added 23 catches for 153 yards and two TDs. The Walter Payton Award finalist set 11 school records and five conference rushing marks. Team captain.

As for Urban..."He looks the part".... :nono:

Can we get a do - over on this draft ? Not at all pleased with our picks. I agree with Crav's earlier remark that Ozzie may have lost his touch. Most every pick - aside from maybe Mosley - is a head scratcher.

I only wish we could. I could accept Mosley but I'd give the rest of the draft an F. I don't know where Oz's and DaCosta's brains were unless they were up their ass. There were RTs we could have taken. WRs. Just a stupid, stupid draft. No holes filled so what good is it?

All f----ed up!

I am still concerned about wide receiver. We need depth. I am comfortable with the Smith brothers, Jacoby and Marlon. However, we desperately need a quick slot receiver. Hopefully Marlon can develop into a possession guy who can be physical out of the slot on occasion. Aaron Mellette will be ready to compete this training camp after a year in an NFL weight and film room.

Speaking of a slot receiver we just drafted Michael Campanero out of Wake Forest! Local giy who went to River Hill too. Great move. Undersized but sturdy build and very quick. His 40 times wasn't bad either (4.45). Strictly a slot receiver which is what we need.

Speaking of a slot receiver we just drafted Michael Campanero out of Wake Forest! Local giy who went to River Hill too. Great move. Undersized but sturdy build and very quick. His 40 times wasn't bad either (4.45). Strictly a slot receiver which is what we need.

He can be our "Wes Welker"... :)

Wenning will be a good #3 QB to run the scout team....they need one.

ummmm they must have really wanted him to trade for him, why not make the trade for stevie johnson for the same pick? quite odd, this kid will be lucky to make it through camp.

Weaknesses

Lacks ideal height and length -- has extremely short arms and can be hemmed at the line. Limited functional strength. Small catch radius. Lacks elite top-end speed to take the top off. Spotty concentration -- makes some focused grabs and drops others he shouldn't. Marginal blocker. Durability is an issue -- has a small build, has been dinged up and could struggle to stay healthy. Had the smallest wingspan (70 1/2 inches) of any receiver at the combine.

I would look to find a QB that they can develop and then sell in say 3 yrs.

I wanted them to take McCarron once he started falling so far. The Ravens have nobody they can win with if Joe goes down.

As far as what we drafted, let's see them on the field before we write them off.

Alls forgiven if we are winnin'