ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign a 10 yr deal

papasmurfbell

M&T will be around. I'm surprised they didn't seek more money though, whether from M&T or otherwise. That's only $6 million/year...

Yea its only 6 mil, but look at the overall free advertising they get..If we were the Jags, it would have been a lot greater then 6 mil a year because they dont get the national or regional exposure we get. I bet Heinz foods profits have risen since they opened that stadium in Pitt.

http://m.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2014/05/21/how-m-t-bank-and-the-ravens-got-a-new-10-year-deal.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+industry_18+%28Industry+Media+%26+Marketing%29&r=full

Sounds like the Ravens were happy with the current deal they had.

We were coming up on year 12 and the conversation naturally morphed into, so what do we think about something longer? said Augie Chiasera, president of Greater Baltimore for M&T Bank, in an interview Wednesday. 2027 takes us through the end of the stadium lease, and so were going to be here for a long time.

This is no coincidence. I've been saying this for awhile, but expect the Ravens to have very high demands on M&T renovations when the lease comes up. I'm not going to go crazy and say they will demand a roof, but other stadiums get a lot more money on naming rights because the stadium has potential to host NCAA tournaments, conference championship games, and bowl games (Cowboys get $19M a year from AT&T). In short, I definitely think the Ravens and the state will work towards making M&T more attractive to different types of events, and hence be able to demand more money for sponsorships. In the meantime the deal with M&T provides stability, which Dick Cass stated.

It wouldn't be crazy to have a roof. It would make the stadium profitable year round.

I agree, it could also bring a Super Bowl. However, it would be a big price tag. The Nationals valued a roof on their park at $500M. Dolphins valued a partial roof at $350M. The KC Chiefs also passed on a roof which would have gotten them a Super Bowl. Who knows how much that will be in 2027, much less whatever renovations a 30 year old stadium on the Atlantic coast will need.

I agree, it could also bring a Super Bowl. However, it would be a big price tag. The Nationals valued a roof on their park at $500M. Dolphins valued a partial roof at $350M. The KC Chiefs also passed on a roof which would have gotten them a Super Bowl. Who knows how much that will be in 2027, much less whatever renovations a 30 year old stadium on the Atlantic coast will need.

Plus, where would the money for it come from? I'd like to see the rich NFL kick in some of the Money---but that's probably a pipe dream.

Plus, where would the money for it come from? I'd like to see the rich NFL kick in some of the Money---but that's probably a pipe dream.

Roof or not the state is going to have to pony up some dough. A thirty year old stadium on the coast is going to require extensive work. Not to mention by then the Redskins could be out of MD. We also know Bisciotti and the Ravens organization likes to he first class, so I'm sure they will want the renovations to put the stadium back among the nicest in the league. Ravens are positioning themselves to have a lot of leverage.

Lottery, as the origional stadium monies were funded

Roof or not the state is going to have to pony up some dough. A thirty year old stadium on the coast is going to require extensive work. Not to mention by then the Redskins could be out of MD. We also know Bisciotti and the Ravens organization likes to he first class, so I'm sure they will want the renovations to put the stadium back among the nicest in the league. Ravens are positioning themselves to have a lot of leverage.

They better do it soon if thats in their plans, the ATM is coming up on 15 years old