ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game thoughts

Spen

In the first half for the most part the pass coverage seemed to be good, Manning just made some great throws.

The WRs on this team suck, plain and simple. I assume Washington and Tyree must be awful in practice, otherwise I have no idea why they dont see any playing time. The couldn't be any worse than Clayton and Williams.

Joe needs to rest and get healthy. Despite his improved stats I think this was a bit of a sophomore slump season for him. A few legit weapons would help immensely.

If Dierdorf called a game between the Vikings and Colts, who would he verbally fellate more? Favre or Manning?

The refs need to call illegal contact and pass interference consistently. The position of the player, whether a WR, a tight end, or running back should affect the call. That was an obvious interference call on Ray Rice and it was just ignored. Heap can get mugged at times to with no call.

If the Ray Lewis hit in the end zone was an illegal hit then they should change the rules to touch football rules. He didnt lead with his head. I thought the idea was to hit the receiver hard enough to knock the ball away before its a catch, I guess defenders should stand back and watch to see whether the pass is caught or not.Its a tough game and I dont want to see anyone get hurt, but the players are well paid and well protected and there will always be injuries. The 'defenseless receiver' call is arbitrary and seemingly randomly called. Its a joke.

Payton flopping like a submissive dog, and losing yardage both times, really inspires comparisons of former great QBs in the league, doesnt it? Its inspiring to teammates as well.

I agree on the defenseless receiver hit. I guess what gets me is that in the Pitt AFCC game last year, the Ryan Clark hit was equally bad and no call and the no call was later supported. Most analysts I saw last night didn't like the call either. The WR has as much to do with getting hit in the helmet on that play as Ray does...

Telling stat...

FLACCO UNDER PRESSURE

Indianapolis decided to bring extra pass rushers against Joe Flacco and Baltimore struggled to pick up the pressure.

Category... 4 or Fewer... 5 or More

Comp-Att..... 17-25.......... 3-10

Yards.......... 144............ 45

TD-Int......... 0-1........... 0-1

Sacks ............0............. 1

Passer Rtg.... 66.1........... 6.3

I agree on the defenseless receiver hit. I guess what gets me is that in the Pitt AFCC game last year, the Ryan Clark hit was equally bad and no call and the no call was later supported. Most analysts I saw last night didn't like the call either. The WR has as much to do with getting hit in the helmet on that play as Ray does...

It wasn't a rule at that time. They just came up with that rule last offseason in part because of that hit and the one Clark put on Wes Welker earlier in the season.

That said, I don't see how the defenseless receiver rule applies to Ray's hit

3 straight games the Colts have held us without a TD..Totally unacceptable, their D is not that dam good.

They make them look like they have the #1 D in the NFL.

Flacco, Cam and the Ravens O can't successfully attack the 2 Deep Cover 2 D.

It's like the Ravens O sees the Colts D and gets one massive brain fart that expresses itself in penalties, dropped passes and turnovers.

The WRs on this team suck, plain and simple. I assume Washington and Tyree must be awful in practice, otherwise I have no idea why they dont see any playing time. The couldn't be any worse than Clayton and Williams.

Clayton, Williams, and Washington all saw field time, none of these guys could get open (Washington did, he caught a first down and dropped another potential first down). Washington is a fine #3 receiver, but get rid of Clayton and Williams.

They make them look like they have the #1 D in the NFL.

Flacco, Cam and the Ravens O can't successfully attack the 2 Deep Cover 2 D.

It's like the Ravens O sees the Colts D and gets one massive brain fart that expresses itself in penalties, dropped passes and turnovers.

To beat a cover 2 you have to be able to look off safeties and make the post throw to the sideline or the seam route in the middle of field. Flacco still struggles at lookign off defenders, the lack of wrs could also be limiting his ability. The second half of the season, Flacco struggled with reading blitzes and finding the open wr as well as panicked in the pocket if his first read was covered.

Flacco will be going on his 3rd yr and I think he will start to be better at these things, but he def needs some help in the wr department.