ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ferguson

GrubberRaven

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/prosecutor-seeking-death-penalty-officer-killed-knock-raid/

Man Shoots at Intruders, Turns Out it was a No-Knock Raid. Now He Faces the Death Penalty
On Friday, May 9, 2014, just after 5:30am in Killeen, Texas, Marvin Louis Guy was the target of a no knock raid.

The officers were looking for drugs, yet none were found in the home. There was some questionable paraphernalia, but nothing indicative of drug dealing- or anything damning enough for a reasonable person to feel the need to take an officers life.

Unfortunately the danger of no-knock raids is real. just ask the parents of baby Bou or the family of Detective Dinwiddie.

Detective Dinwiddie was one of the SWAT officers who broke into Guy’s house on May 9th, based on a seemingly bogus informant tip off about drugs being dealt from the home.

Likely alarmed by the men climbing through his windows at 5:30 in the morning, Guy and his wife sought to protect themselves and their property and fired on the intruders- in self defense.

Dinwiddie, along with three other officers were shot while attempting to breach the windows to the home, according to the department’s press release.

Since the shooting occurred during the break in, a reasonable person would assume they had not yet identified themselves as police officers. How on earth is this not self defense?

Prosecutors are now seeking the death penalty against Guy. He is charged with capital murder in Dinwiddie’s death, as well as three counts of attempted capital murder for firing on the other officers during the shootout, injuring one other officer. Body armor protected others who were hit.

This announcement, given by the prosecutor in open court, comes one day after Governor Rick Perry presented Dinwiddie’s family with the Star of Texas award. This award is given out each year to police and first responders killed or injured in the line of duty, the Killeen Daily Herald reported.

Let’s flash back to December, in Texas, for a moment.

On December 19, also just before 6am., Burleson County Sgt. Adam Sowders, led a team in a no-knock marijuana raid on Henry Goedrich Magee’s mobile home in Somerville.

Also startled by these intruders, Magee opened fire, fearing for the safety of himself and his then pregnant girlfriend.

Sowders was unfortunately killed among the chaos.

In February, just a few months before the fateful raid in Killeen, all charges against Magee were dropped when a Texas grand jury refused to indict, based on them believing he feared for his safety and that this was a reasonable act of self defense.

With such similar circumstances and such intensely opposite repercussions one cant help but try to find the differences.

Most obvious? Guy is black and Magee is white. Also, take note of the difference in photos used in the press.

magee-300x188.jpg

Marvin-Louis-Guy.jpg

Self defense is a right for all, and no knock raids not only pose a danger to dogs, children, and communities in general- but officers as well. Maybe its time to
re-think that strategy.

We need to end the war on drugs and put an end to this violence.

Estimates show that the total number of SWAT deployments across the country has increased from a few hundred per year in the 1970s, to a few thousand per year in the 80s, and in 2010, the Washington Times reported estimates around in the 2000s being as high as 50,000 per year.

Many of these are for nonviolent misdemeanor drug offenses, not big time drug kingpins. Should we really be risking lives of citizens and officers, over what someone chooses to put into their own body?

• 2 months later...

There is a lot of recent new info on Ferguson.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/federal-judge-missourri-police-stop-people-recording/

Federal Judge: Missourri Police Can’t Stop People From Recording

Ferguson, MO — A federal judge has issued a court order that specifically prohibits Missouri police from stopping the media and others from recording officers.

According to the Associated Press, the court order follows a lawsuit from the American Civil Liberties Union that said police tried to stop journalists from recording in Ferguson, where protests have been ongoing since 18-year-old Michael Brown was fatally shot by a police officer in August.

This ruling is great news considering the fact that over the last several months we’ve witnessed police pepper spraying, tear gassing, and even pointing weapons at individuals and journalists alike, for the simple act of recording their actions.

Perhaps the most defining moment of police refusing to be filmed was the case of “Officer Go F**k Yourself.”

The clip shows a Ferguson officer with his gun raised pointing it directly at Free Thought Project’s live streamers, Rebel Z, who was live streaming at the time.

“Oh my God, gun raised, gun raised,” states the journalist, before Biggs remarks, “gun pointed.”

“My hands are up bro, my hands are up,” states the journalist before the cop responds, “I’m going to f***ing kill you, get back, get back!”

“You’re going to kill him?” asks another individual before the journalist asks, “did he just threaten to kill me?”

When the cop is asked for his name he responds, “go f**k yourself.”

Now the real question is, will police abide by this ruling?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/anonymous-claims-evidence-connecting-darren-wilson-ferguson-pd-kkk/#HUGRmPs9UWuILpjC.99

Anonymous Claims to Have Evidence Directly Connecting Darren Wilson & Ferguson PD to KKK
Ferguson, Mo. – The hacker collective Anonymous launched #OpKKK and #HoodsOff this past week which took down, and took over, multiple klan websites and social media accounts while exposing numerous Ku Klux Klan members by making their personal information public.

In the process of outing Ku Klux Klan members, Anonymous discovered connections between the Klan and the “We Support Darren Wilson” group.

One of the Darren Wilson rallies was held in Imperial, Missouri, and was rumored to have been organized by the Klan. It’s important to note that this is also allegedly the hometown of Darren Wilson’s girlfriend and fellow Ferguson police officer Barbara Spradling.

Prior to going public with the connection between the KKK and “We Support Darren Wilson” group, the group purged many photos from the rally from their social media pages, most likely in an attempt to obscure the connections between the groups.

This photo showing 3 Klansman at the #DarrenWilson rally has been removed from their FaceBook page #HoodsOff #OpKKK

The act of erasing pictures, prior to Anonymous going public with the information, only made Anonymous more suspicious that they were onto something.

The scrubbing of information raised their suspicions that perhaps there truly was a connection between Darren Wilson and the KKK.

Then an informant came to Anonymous and described their direct ties to not Darren Wilson himself, but his girlfriend, fellow Ferguson police officer Barbara Spradling. Remember, Spradling is allegedly from the Imperial Missouri area where an alleged KKK supported pro-Darren Wilson rally was held.

The source claimed they had information that directly linked Darren Wilson and the Klan to the events unfolding in Ferguson. While this information was being seriously vetted by Anonymous, and ultimately confirmed, death threats from the Klan started being directed at the hacker collective. Anonymous has since responded to these threats, putting the KKK and Ferguson PD on notice that “We are the law now.

Yesterday, the informant sent Anonymous an email that read:

“I am scared for my life right now. I am begging for you to please not release the information that I gave. I am afraid that because the information I provided is so specific, that it will definitely be traced back to me, and I will be in danger. I am a longtime supporter of Anonymous, and I’ve trust you with my identity. Now I feel my life is in your hands. I am begging you please. I have a family to think of.”

After much deliberation, Anonymous decided that the information was so specific that it would lead back to the informant, and as their goal is to preserve all human and nonhuman life, they have decided to not release the information until they themselves, without endangering the informant’s life, can synthesize and expose the information.

Below is the newly released video from Anonymous addressing police ties and KKK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtsqJL0OW0

Former KKK grand dragon, Henry Harrell, has allegedly come forward to claim, “ I know for a fact that the KKK had a lot to do with what went on in Ferguson,” stating that certain law enforcement in the area are silent members of the Klan and are known as the “Ghoul Squad.” Harrell went on to say that recently deceased Leadwood, Mo. police chief was actually silent member of the Klan. Weeks after posting this, Harrell claimed that his account was hacked.

lynching-protest1.png

According to Anonymous, they have factual evidence that the KKK was called in to Ferguson by “Ghoul Squad” members employed by the Ferguson police department, as well as the St. Louis County police department.

Below is a written statement from Anonymous:

anon.jpg

No indictment. Hardly a surprise, unfortunately.

The DA did his best to avoid an indictment - in an unusual move, he presented "all" evidence, including practically providing a defense for Wilson in the case.

I have no idea what happened or what Wilson was thinking. I have little doubt Brown was less than an angel and perhaps even assaulted Wilson. But I do have serious issue with the idea that Brown's hands were up and Wilson kept firing through that process.

Most importantly, I have an issue with anyone who says anything along the lines of "this is what you get" (for shoplifting) or "Wilson didn't do anything." Regardless of Brown's righteousness or regardless, I just don't view life so superficially as to pretend that it's easy to take such action.

Silly as it sounds, there was a Law and Order SVU about a similar case that I happened to catch last night - in that case the cop was clearly in the right (surprise, it was a main character), but they at least touched on the idea that "even when you do everything right so much can go wrong." I don't get how that sentiment disappears in the real world. Wilson may have followed so many rules, but do we support a system of rules and orders that leads to such vile outcomes without doubt?

That doesn't shock me. Of all the arrests before most people were not from the StL area. They had been busing in from around the country. Also I suspect the police have people out there causing trouble to make it look like the residents are rioting. Ultimately the police are lucky I don't live there. If they come dressed for war that is just what they would find. The only thing is it would not be heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Stewart on the Gardner case was pretty good. Far more sober than he normally is.

More than the grand jury, I'm embarrassed by comments by guys like Rep King from NY - who said the cop did his job and it was Gardner's health that killed him.

What Jon did was amazing. When he wont evenn play it for a joke you know he is really serious. What I said about King earlier today was lets grab him and put him in a choke hold and see if he is obese. These DA's have a vested interest in not going after cops. There needs to be a different tier of the legal system that only goes after govt officials. It has its own investigating group. They have their own prosecutor and judges. They do not deal with any regular crimes at all.

Here's the other line I don't buy... from an anonymous police chief, "They were trying to arrest him and he was arresting, even if not violently... that's not just going to go on for hours."

Obvious thoughts... first, is selling solo cigs really an arrestable offense? Is it not worth just giving the guy a summons and letting it play out later?

But even if it is, they clearly didn't talk about it for long before jumping on top of him... and how about actually TALKING it out. Do we really have to physically cuff a non-violent criminal in that manner in the first place? We can't do some civic police work and talk about how it would just be easier if he would listen, etc etc... maybe it does devolve, but it shouldn't escalate in 30 seconds.

Best thought I've heard repeated so often... what's the point in body cams if, when you have camera footage, you still do nothing?

Here's the other line I don't buy... from an anonymous police chief, "They were trying to arrest him and he was arresting, even if not violently... that's not just going to go on for hours."

Obvious thoughts... first, is selling solo cigs really an arrestable offense? Is it not worth just giving the guy a summons and letting it play out later?

But even if it is, they clearly didn't talk about it for long before jumping on top of him... and how about actually TALKING it out. Do we really have to physically cuff a non-violent criminal in that manner in the first place? We can't do some civic police work and talk about how it would just be easier if he would listen, etc etc... maybe it does devolve, but it shouldn't escalate in 30 seconds.

Best thought I've heard repeated so often... what's the point in body cams if, when you have camera footage, you still do nothing?

Here is the thing on selling the smokes. He wasn't doing it at the time the cops got there. He had just broken up a fight and selling fragile cigarettes while pulling people off each ither is pretty hard. So they had no authority to take him into custody.

I always thought cops were trained to de-escalate things. That is no more.

By the NYPD police manual the choke was against the rules. A man died while doing it. That at the min is manslaughter and more like negligent homicide. But DA's don't want t0o prosecute cops.

The answer to your questions is no when #crimingwhilewhite. Otherwise, the answer is yes when #alivewhileblack. Check out the hashtags on Twitter. It's disturbing.

There is a case from 2 yrs ago where a black cop in Bama killed an unarmed white guy. You can also look at the case from SD where the cops made hamburger out of the schizophrenic guys face. It is blue vs everyone else.

On Body cams it is more than this case. Most cases that are taped have the initial encounter not taped at all. The cops say you didn't see the start of it. Well now there better be some reason to start the encounter or the cam will see it. Agencies who use them have seen like 70% drop in abuse cases. That is a win. I think they are on their best behavior with big brother on their chest.

Papa, I know about the fight - but I am not sure on the cigs. I wouldn't doubt if separate from the fight, they still had something on him and the smokes.

Dee - the posts are just lunacy and sad; but again, to anyone who pays attention they aren't unexpected. Unfortunately I know too many people who dispute them or be "shocked" by them.