ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ferguson

GrubberRaven

One of the many things that bug me about all of this is how many people who normally complain about the police over stepping or being out of control rationalize these cases with 'they should have listened'. I wonder what's different?

One of the many things that bug me about all of this is how many people who normally complain about the police over stepping or being out of control rationalize these cases with 'they should have listened'. I wonder what's different?

I've always thought the same. Even stupid stuff - You're pissed because the cop picked you to pull over when you know you were speeding ("ugh, why me? He was such an ass. $85?!?"). But not to mention but stuff when people whine about police over reach or just govt over reach in general.

But in these cases the cop can do no wrong and clearly acted only as protocol told him to! Really, it's classic deflection - everyone else deserves a ticket for record driving, but that one time I was just late for work

Anyone see the video released by some police department trying to show they don't always kill bad people? Body cams catch a nice long standoff and foot race with a guy holding as knife, who is eventually taken down by a taser... Good show.

Except, of course, the guy is white. Kind of reinforcing the norm that certain folk get a longer leash, even when waving a knife at cops in sort range and beating up women. Worse, the slime ball just grinned in court as he was sentenced to ten plus years.

So you are responding to a potential suspect carrying a gun. When you do that you pull right next to him. If it had been a real guy looking to shoot people who would have unloaded a full clip into the cruiser as they pulled up. What cop jumps that recklessly into a potentially dangerous situation? They shot Rice in 2 seconds. How does he have time to follow instructions? Also the cop that shot him washed out of another academy. His trainers found that he was not psychologically sound. Finally Ohio is an open carry state so do they just shoot everyone who is carrying?

Papa, try this. Tell me how well you do:

http://www.csun.edu/~dma/FPST/consent.html

I see NO one on my timeline who has ever protested guns or violence on blacks saying one damn thing about these shootings...their silence speaks volumes...

Papa, try this. Tell me how well you do:

http://www.csun.edu/~dma/FPST/consent.html

I see NO one on my timeline who has ever protested guns or violence on blacks saying one damn thing about these shootings...their silence speaks volumes...

Grubber, that point is valid but only to an extent. On one side, you have to acknowledge that everyone has their cause - would you have even known Mike Brown's name or ever posted in this forum if not for others?

But the bigger incongruity is that anytime anyone says "injustice" there is a rather large response of, "what about every other murder?" And certainly, every murder is tragic. But not every murder is committed by agents of the state. And the murders that get attention tend not just to be committed by people in positions of authority, but also wind up without accountability. That's the distinction and it's not a small one.

Regardless, the NYPD shootings are being sad. They were committed by a man without a heart and probably without a mind. And there are certainly people who are less than saddened by it, which is pathetic and inexcusable. But posting about Ferguson but not about these shootings is not a statement of support.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/22/fox-affiliate-deceptively-edits-protest-footage-show-protesters-chanting-kill-cop.html

Fox45 caught editing protest footage to show Baltimore protesters saying "Kill a Cop" - they were actually saying, "til Killer cops are in cell blocks"

But let's stoke tensions some more.

I also had to hold it in a bit when my cousin complained on Facebook about "violent rioters" at Towson Mall who made the place unsafe and she didn't get to go shopping. Reality was it was a peaceful "die in" protest that last 30 minutes. Even the video she posted with it showed it was peaceful. But of course, that's not what she saw or posted to the world. I did correct her. Little good.

There have been no violent protests in towson. She is full of it.

Oh, I know. And worse yet, she was off by a day in complaining. The video she posted of the peaceful die-in at Towson Mall was from the day prior to her rant about not being able to shop "today." And several people I know who worked at the mall and saw the protests said they were loud and made a scene, but were gone quickly without issue.

More disheartening are the number of people who agreed with my cousin that, even if not violent, the protests were stupid - especially because "i want to shop" and "why should my family's christmas suffer..." ... do you understand what social protest is?

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-prosecutor-some-witnesses-lied-including-woman-who-didn-t-see-shooting-000602852.html

A woman who swore she saw teenager Michael Brown pummel Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson and charge him “like a football player,” was lying about being at the scene of the controversial police shooting, St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch said Friday.

“I’m sure she was nowhere near the place,” McCulloch said during a St. Louis radio interview. “She recounted the statement that was right out of the newspaper.”

While investigators doubted her story, McCulloch said the woman was allowed to testify because “early on, I decided that anyone who claimed to have witnessed anything would be presented to the grand jury.”