ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Snow!

deeshopper

I'm on strike. I can't shovel anymore. My arms feel like they're about to fall off just walking by the shovel. My back is aching. I can't take it.

Save your arms Dee...you'll need them for bailing water when "The Big Melt" hits. Hopefully we get a gradual melt.

This is definately a back breaker. My #2 son had to stop due to back pain...so the 'old man' had to show him up. :) In his defense he probably shoveled 3 tons of snow.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balto Co, Howard Co and Anne Arundel Co have all called school off tomorrow... no sidewalks or areas to wait for buses.

The city is still trying to have school and simply asking students that have to walk in streets to "use caution."

Yikes.

My school follows AA County... but I am curious as to whether they will break with that. We don't have walkers or use busing (actually, just one small bus)

Here's Anne Arundal's explanation:

Due to concerns about the safety of bus travel, school bus stops, and community sidewalks, all Anne Arundel County schools will be closed on Tuesday, February 16. A Code Blue will be in effect for employees. It is our intention to reopen schools on Wednesday, Feb. 17. Please be aware, however, that conditions will not be ideal for students traveling to and from school, and that some bus stops and walkways may still be blocked by snow. Parents and students are urged to exercise extreme caution and to allow extra time for their students. Whenever possible, parents are encouraged to transport their children to their schools. In addition, high school and Center of Applied Technology students who normally drive to school are discouraged from doing so because of the diminished number of parking spaces at many high schools.

Our private school is out... following Anne Arundel still.

And I think most counties have put out that kind of warning... it's kind of 24hr notice... "walkers and bus riders have it bad, so we're giving it another day... BUT we plan to be in on wednesday. Parents, make plans if you don't want your kid on bus/walking."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BallTMore

How much? :_(

I just finished shoveling the last mound of snow for a school yesterday, I thought I was done for the winter. I had several people come out and ask if I was getting this done in time for the next round. I thought they were BSing me.

I'm so defeated. Bring on Summer!

Edited by BallTMore

1 hour and 50 minutes to do a 45 minute drive, the roads were blown shut, I drove thru drifts of snow 3-4 ft high..The Mrs just called, shes flippin, she could not get out of the driveway to get to work.

There's...maybe...a dusting here in Essex. Concrete and asphalt are barely covered.