ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Snow!

deeshopper

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owings Mills isn't great up here either... walked out to Reisterstown Rd yesterday and it was still an absolute mess, especially at intersections. Side roads still have just 1 or 2 inches of sitting snow, now packed and icy.

Most counties have called school tomorrow now (still waiting for word for me, but I think I know what to expect).

Balto county has already canceled Wednesday as well... I'm sure part because they don't have their plows back and part because of the storm coming tomorrow. Heard it could be 12 in again.

The service at my house is in my sister's name. She's moving into her own place so I'm switching the entire SAME service from her name to my name. No biggie, right?

Called them up on January 27th, told them what I needed. They ran the standard check, treating it like an entirely new account (why? I don't know.) Operator said I'm all straight; service is in my name. I get an email from Verizon saying that the installation for my service is scheduled for February 2nd. Install? What install? I don't need an install. I have all the boxes and everything is hooked up.

I call them. Ask them, WTF?

Well, they have to come out and take the boxes and replace them with new ones so they are in my name. Why can't they just change it in the computer? They know the serial numbers? And what about my DVR? That has two years worth of stuff on it. You can keep the DVR, they tell me. Then why can't I keep the other boxes? Blah blah blah. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit answers.

I tell them I will not be here on February 2nd and they need to change the install date.

How about the next day, they say. Sometime between 8 am and 5 pm.

No, it needs to be on the weekend. I'm not taking off of work for you to come out and replace something you don't really have to.

OK, they tell. Saturday, February 6th between 8 am and 12 pm. Fine.

January 30th comes around and they cut my phone off. I call them.

Why is my phone off? Because you have an order in to do an install.

The install isn't for another week. Turn the phone back on.

Well, we have to turn the line off before the install in order for you to keep the same number.

THE INSTALL ISN'T FOR ANOTHER WEEK! I HAVE NO CELL SERVICE IN MY HOUSE SO TURN MY FREAKING PHONE BACK ON!

We need to transfer you.

Why is my phone off? We need to transfer you again.

Finally got the phone turned back on. Oh yeah, this was done remotely without anyone coming to my house.

Thursday night I have a message from Verizon saying my install needs to be rescheduled because of the snow storm that is coming, please call them. I call them the next day (yesterday).

Hi! I got a message saying I need to reschedule my install because of the weather. We need to transfer you.

Hi! I got a message saying I need to reschedule my install because of the weather. OK, we need to transfer you again.

Hi! I got a message saying I need to reschedule my install because of the weather. OK, we need to transfer you again again.

Hi! I got a message saying I need to reschedule my install because of the weather. OK, we need to transfer you again again again.

I NEED TO RESCHEDULE MY FREAKING INSTALLATION DATE AND IF YOU TRANSFER ME AGAIN, I WILL CUSS OUT THE NEXT PERSON WHO ANSWERS!

The next available date is Saturday the 27th. Fine, what do I have to do to make sure my phone, TV and Internet isn't disconnected tomorrow as scheduled.

I can go ahead and change that for you.

Great, because you guys f'ed up the last time and I need my phone and TV this weekend, especially with the snowstorm coming.

Oh, I understand. We're on the Eastern Shore so we're expecting it. You're all set. Your installation has been rescheduled for the 27th and I've moved your disconnect to the day before on the 26th.

Great, thank you.

I wake up at 7 am to NO TV and NO Phone. Somehow, thank God, I have Internet.

I call Verizon at 8 am when they open and I get transfered twice where I'm told that nothing can be done because it has to be done locally and they won't be back until Monday, at the earliest. Asswipes.

So, I'm not going to have phone or TV for the next three days because you Aholes didn't do your job?

Yes, ma'am.

Thanks, I'll be going to CONcast. Click.

For shits and giggles, I'm about to call them again.

Thats awful and completely unacceptable. So far I have been happy with FIOS but I am bracing for the first problem I have that I need to call someone about. Then again I was happy with Comcast except for the price.

From what I hear both companies customer service sucks.

This is a once in a liftime event the way the storms are hitting. The snow fall records across the board are being broken.

Everybodys had enough except Mother Nature so...we have to ride it out gang.

As a matter of fact I sent a tractor trailer to Lewes Delaware this morning, and have a truck in Cherry Hill for a delivery...We just inked a contract to start delivering to Walgreens Catonsville, breaking ground in March...Business econemy seems to be turning.

As a matter of fact I sent a tractor trailer to Lewes Delaware this morning, and have a truck in Cherry Hill for a delivery...We just inked a contract to start delivering to Walgreens Catonsville, breaking ground in March...Business econemy seems to be turning.

Good news.

I can't get to work. Customers have no place for us to park. We're really backed up now and have a ton of work so once it clears I'm set.

Start'm early folks... :)

fc7707b699aebeac979de45a93abe3af.jpg

Thats awful and completely unacceptable. So far I have been happy with FIOS but I am bracing for the first problem I have that I need to call someone about. Then again I was happy with Comcast except for the price.

From what I hear both companies customer service sucks.

Was on the phone with them for nearly 85 minutes yesterday. This morning, 60 minutes. I'm told my service will be restored "some time today". I'll believe it when I see it. I'm totally defeated. I have no more fight in me.

Start arguing with your checkbook...

"If this isn't fixed, you can cancel the service altogether and I'll find another provider. Get me a manager and get me service, or I'm done. And I'll gladly go to Verizon's main webpage and file a complete report with them about how YOU lost a paying customer of X years."

Second storm has arrived.

And so it has

Sheesh

Just finished pushing snow off the roof at the beckoning of the wife. We have some seriously scary icicles hanging off the back of the house. I thought about knocking them off but am concerned if I do, they'll take the power lines with 'em.

I've lived here 2 and a half years.

I work in the city but do make it to DC every so often.

Plow finally hit our street today at noon. Did some good but I guess the snow has melted/frozen a few times and the plow only took around six inches off the top. Still a lot on the road, prior to tonight's snow.

Rawlings-Blake has had a tough initiation. I do like the idea of calling in private contractors...hope it works to get the smaller Bobcats and front-ends to the smaller side streets. I live on a side street but it is wide enough that a plow got down it no problem. I feel for those people in Fells, Canton and Fed. Hill...they have some seriously small side streets.

I've seen so many abandoned cars in the CV area. Right in the middle of intersections.

And to the guy in the Mitsubishi Eclipse trying to get your low-profile car over a concrete divider at the corner of St. Paul and 33rd St., what were you thinking? I felt bad for ya but I wasn't touching that. The bottom of your car must be hurting.

As a neighbor to another, despite the team affinity, be safe!

Guest BallTMore
I feel for those people in Fells, Canton

The pain in the ass is finding some place to put all the snow. It's so damn much.

Some of the smaller streets in my area were shoveled by the neighborhood. I looked up one today and it was almost bone dry (Well, not now.) Pretty impressive work.

My street is pretty wide for a Canton street. Saw a plow come up, but his scoop wasn't down. Bobcat came down last night around 1:30 am. Not much damage done.

Our neighborhood contracted snow removal company re-did our road today... expanding from 1.5 lanes to 2.5 lanes (total open)... to do that they had to simply shovel it all onto the sidewalks. The sidewalks they had cleared teh day before. Braindead much?

Anyway, now there are walls of snow 6 feet high on both sides of the street.