ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Draft Bust?

oldno82

Last year doesn't mean squat.

Marlon is a different guy this year. He dropped everything in pre season and continued up until now.

These games matter.....if you can't catch then you can't play.

Kubiak would love to have 3-5 open targets for Joe. He's not going to waste a guy to be a decoy.

Besides, a decoy has to be somebody a team respects and fears. That is not the 2014 Brown.

Now....Steve and Daniels could be decoys because they draw coverage and game planning.

Marlon is a different guy this year. He dropped everything in pre season and continued up until now.

Kubiak would love to have 3-5 open targets for Joe. He's not going to waste a guy to be a decoy.

Besides, a decoy has to be somebody a team respects and fears. That is not the 2014 Brown.

Now....Steve and Daniels could be decoys because they draw coverage and game planning.

This year Aiken is playing far better than Brown. It would have been nice if Aiken could have pulled in Joe's pass into the endzone. It was a low throw and a hard catch but Boldin or Steve would have caught it. I think Aiken has a lot of upside. Of course last year I was saying that about Marlon and now look at him.

All the more reason to use his big frame as a decoy and it's working. Look how much SR

get open?

As far as fear, lay back on Marlon for a second and watc him burn you. Joe is going to

guys he's comfortable with in this system and is just recently going to Torrey.

This year Aiken is playing far better than Brown. It would have been nice if Aiken could have pulled in Joe's pass into the endzone. It was a low throw and a hard catch but Boldin or Steve would have caught it. I think Aiken has a lot of upside. Of course last year I was saying that about Marlon and now look at him.

Not recently. He dropped the ball on the goal line. Joe laid it right in there for him.

Even SR dropped a big TD a couple of games ago. Man, last year everyone was raving

about Marlon and this year they're dissing him. He hasn't had that many chances yet.Give

him time.

What was the thread, With detailed diagrams and analysis complete with pics showing the receivers

and their routes, not just fans opinions?

I was just trying to contribute something and someone called me out on the source but the

info is correct even if you don't like it.

I know you are trying to contribute, and thank you.

However, most of us know each other off the board, have for years. Most of us here know the game, the team very, very well. We do not need pictures to show us what some one is saying.

Every team has plays designed to get some one open on any given play, running or passing. However, each pass play is deterined by the coverage of the defense. If Brown were to get open deep, he would get the pass. It all depends on the coverage, no always on the play called, even without an audible by Flacco.

Some plays call for reading deep to short, others, short to deep, some right to left or left to right. If they get the proper coverage, the coverage they expect, then yes, the first read is the play they were hoping for. However, if they get a different coverage, then that play, again even without an audible, can change so the proverbial second option now becomes the first.

Most here know this, and no, it is not just an opion, it is an informed opinion, there is a big difference.,

By this logic, every receiver is a decoy.

Here's a bust...

Top overall pick Jadeveon Clowney is unlikely to play for the Houston Texans when they host the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday because of an unspecified illness.

Clowney missed practice Friday and when asked afterward about his status for Sunday, coach Bill O'Brien said: ''I don't know. I wouldn't say it looks very good for him playing Sunday.''

The outside linebacker was listed as questionable on the injury report and it said he was out because of his knee and an illness.

Clowney returned last week after missing six games following arthroscopic knee surgery and made one tackle in limited action. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/texans-jadeveon-clowney-unlikely-to-play-against-eagles-103114

Wow! I remember when he was considered a shoo-in for DPOY/DRPOY

It's not all his fault, can't do anything about blowing out a knee... Then again, like many thought, he has not worked hard to receiver from the injury. Many questioned his toughness and willingness to work hard. It does appear he lacks the work ethic...

Neither Clowney nor Elam is a draft bust. That word gets thrown around more than QBs who are "elite".

Clowney will be back and will be awesome, especially playing with who they have down there. Elam simply doesn't yet play to his own strengths or the strengths of the schemes being run, and that is a matter of coaching only.

Neither Clowney nor Elam is a draft bust. That word gets thrown around more than QBs who are "elite".

Clowney will be back and will be awesome, especially playing with who they have down there. Elam simply doesn't yet play to his own strengths or the strengths of the schemes being run, and that is a matter of coaching only.

Elam looked good on Sunday when he was in the box and allowed to blitz. Injuries have forced him to be a third corner which is definitely not a strength.

Agreed. I have never understood why people expect greatness straight out of the box.