ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Three of four healthy cornerbacks were added this week.

vmax

Slim pickin's......

The Ravens have moved cornerback Jimmy Smith (foot) to injured reserve and signed a cornerback to replace him.

Baltimore plucked Rashaan Melvin off Miami's practice squad on Saturday, giving the Ravens four healthy cornerbacks: Lardarius Webb, Danny Gorrer, Tramain Jacobs and Melvin.

Three of the Ravens' four healthy cornerbacks were added to the 53-man roster this week. Melvin will be eligible to play against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

Melvin, 25, has great size at 6-foot-2, 193 pounds. He's inexperienced but has potential.

The Northern Illinois product was undrafted in 2013 and landed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He spent his rookie season on injured reserve (hamstring), and was impressive enough in the summer to make the team in his second year.

Melvin played in two preseason games this season, including one start, and made one tackle.

Melvin was released by the Bucs after two weeks and signed to the Miami Dolphins' practice squad. The Ravens, who found out Smith was undergoing season-ending foot surgery on Thursday, quickly scooped up Melvin. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-Cornerback-Rashaan-Melvin/261ae1cd-f0bb-45f7-ae70-45419bc137e5

Well....We'll see.

Second all-time at NIU in passes broken up with 35 after knocking down 17 in 2012. Intercepted six passes and made 172 tackles, 117 solo, in 41 games during his NIU career. Added 3.5 tackles for loss totaling 12 yards.

2012: Set the NIU single season record with 17 pass break ups in 2012. Started all 12 games he played at cornerback. Finished the year tied for seventh on the team in tackles with 55 stops. His 39 solo tackles ranked fifth on the team. Made at least two tackles in every game he played. Named a first team All-MAC player by CollegeFootballNews.com. Played one of his best games of the season versus Florida State in the Orange Bowl, tying his career high with 10 tackles, six solo, and adding one-and-a-half tackles for loss. Also forced a fumble in the first quarter, which NIU recovered. Picked off Toledo QB Terrance Owens for his lone interception of the season, keeping the Rockets out of the endzone. Also had two solo stops and a pass break up against UT. His pass break-ups came in seven games, including a season-high four at Eastern Michigan (11/23), where he also made three tackles. Registered seven tackles at Ball State (10/6). Broke up two passes and made six tackles versus Tennessee Martin (9/8). Recorded a season-high three pass break ups vs. Central Michigan (9/29) and at Akron (10/20). Knocked down two passes and had four stops in the season opener versus Iowa (9/1). Made five tackles, all solo, versus Kansas (9/22). Credited with four tackles and broke up a pair of passes versus Kent State (11/30) in the MAC Championship game. Missed the Western Michigan (10/27) and UMass (11/3) games due to injury.

I'm ready to go down and watch this new group in the secondary.

Of course I'll support these guys...until they hurt my eyes and brain. :thumbup:

I think they will be an improvement over Franks, Brown and Stewert.

You never know.....

I'm ready to go down and watch this new group in the secondary.

Of course I'll support these guys...until they hurt my eyes and brain. :thumbup:

I think they will be an improvement over Franks, Brown and Stewert.

You never know.....

Hell Max, they can't be any worse.