ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Well I get to bust this one out again...

Robjr83

OK. Well until then the team didn't do potentially unpopular things to keep Steve's and the teams reputation clean. I just see it as another one of those situations. I said in Sept that this is how I saw this going down. I also said it would be sad that they would throw Harbs on the grenade. Also I see how they left Harbs to swing on that Monday afternoon presser. I can see him wanting out after that. If it were me I can see I will be sacrificed if Steve requires it.

I'd say what worse can happen to this team than what has transpired over the past year but I'm afraid to ask. Ngata should be traded or released next year. If he's gone we save so much in cap that it offsets the dead money by 8.5 million. And we need all the cap space we can create to rebuild (or is it 'build') the secondary and add a big fast target with good hands for the offense.

Ngata has been a very good player but whoever gave him, a DT, a contract like he has ought to have known better.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/haloti-ngata/
7.5 in dead money. For all the guys that people in town want cut there is going to be like 40 mil of dead money. That will be a really bad yr. I said many yrs ago to sign Ngata long term after yr 2. Haynesworth hadn't destroyed the market yet. Ngata would be a steal right now if they had.

7.5 in dead money. For all the guys that people in town want cut there is going to be like 40 mil of dead money. That will be a really bad yr. I said many yrs ago to sign Ngata long term after yr 2. Haynesworth hadn't destroyed the market yet. Ngata would be a steal right now if they had.

He's the only guy I want cut with the exception of the low-priced, low-ability DBs. And he would be the biggest cap savings.

OK. Well until then the team didn't do potentially unpopular things to keep Steve's and the teams reputation clean. I just see it as another one of those situations. I said in Sept that this is how I saw this going down. I also said it would be sad that they would throw Harbs on the grenade. Also I see how they left Harbs to swing on that Monday afternoon presser. I can see him wanting out after that. If it were me I can see I will be sacrificed if Steve requires it.

Pardon me, but you know darn well the team, Biscutt, Ozzie, Dick, often looked past a player's history to sign them or keep them on the team. Stallworth comes to mind, cough, cough. Suggs is another and there are plenty more.

As for Harbs, I could see him leaving if his brother doesn't take the MIchigan job. I wouldn't mind it, while the Ravens did win a Super Bowl with him and have had great success with him, his game management was covered over in those wins. Now, with a less talented team, those same game miscuess by him are glarring and costing them wins.

But I don't expect him to leave, just Ozzie, who is near retirment anyway, this is a perfect "excuse" for him to leave and not have it appear to the novice masses, that he is leaving because Biscutt is a back stabber. I will be glad to see him go, his weak drafts and penchant to ignore the receiver position or inability to identify good receivers, his slipping on corners and safeties the past five years have cost this team. He leans too much on Bama ties, that has not helped either.

With Rice's dead money there is no way they can afford to cut Ngata.

He's the only guy I want cut with the exception of the low-priced, low-ability DBs. And he would be the biggest cap savings.

See Sylvester below and add the ones I have seen of late. Jacoby Jones, Pierce, Pitta, Art Brown, and Suggs. Peopel get al up in arms when a play or game go bad and want dudes gone.

Pardon me, but you know darn well the team, Biscutt, Ozzie, Dick, often looked past a player's history to sign them or keep them on the team. Stallworth comes to mind, cough, cough. Suggs is another and there are plenty more.

As for Harbs, I could see him leaving if his brother doesn't take the MIchigan job. I wouldn't mind it, while the Ravens did win a Super Bowl with him and have had great success with him, his game management was covered over in those wins. Now, with a less talented team, those same game miscuess by him are glarring and costing them wins.

But I don't expect him to leave, just Ozzie, who is near retirment anyway, this is a perfect "excuse" for him to leave and not have it appear to the novice masses, that he is leaving because Biscutt is a back stabber. I will be glad to see him go, his weak drafts and penchant to ignore the receiver position or inability to identify good receivers, his slipping on corners and safeties the past five years have cost this team. He leans too much on Bama ties, that has not helped either.

That is not the same thing. What Ozzie and Harbs have doen is given rice the ability to turn the league upside down on their lies. It has made the Ravens look like a bad org because Rice won. Rice winning allowed the Today Show interview to go down again making the Ravens look like bad guys. Add to that the throwing Harbs to the wolves and I can see John wanting out. I can see him actively agreeing to go to Mich. When I wanted Harbs to leave I wanted it to be because of on the field issues. Him leaving this way is hollow.

With Rice's dead money there is no way they can afford to cut Ngata.

See Sylvester below and add the ones I have seen of late. Jacoby Jones, Pierce, Pitta, Art Brown, and Suggs. Peopel get al up in arms when a play or game go bad and want dudes gone.

But I'm only advocating Ngata. His cap number is a killer for a DT.

But I'm only advocating Ngata. His cap number is a killer for a DT.

Of course, I could change my mind after I see the defense this Sunday. :scared: